I received my q10 today and I love it!!! The 'I got my Q10' thread-imageuploadedbycb-forums1432947680.368545.jpg
    05-29-15 08:01 PM
    First 24 hours after receiving my white Q10 from expansys.

Pros:
    screen is very clear
    As I first time BB user, the OS is easy to navigate though
    Keyboard is fantastic ! I mean really, I can type again as Im always making mistakes on my iphone.

Cons:

Updated OS after receiving the unit. Loved the previous version (im not sure but maybe 10.2). As I person who wears reading glasses to view their phone, I loved the big icons and the strong colours of the previous version. Now, the icons are smaller and harder to read.

Blackberry Maps doesnt work for Japan - just reports no map data. Would have been nice but I'll just have to use my moto X (which is my media phone) for navigation. If any one has some hints of any BB based apps for navi - please tell me
    ST ST likes this.
    07-02-15 08:59 PM
    Missing my Q10!! A year ago I fell in love with the minimalistic, solid and classic design and had to get this phone despite not being an ideal user with big written messaging needs. However, after many days of reading The Guardian on the train (my main activity on the phone lol) I got frustrated with the tiny screen and got a Z30. Imagine looking at the world through one squinted eye, then one day seeing the world through both eyes wide open. That's how it felt! And Z30 works great: the size brings the best mobile OS alive, the speakers are so good I used them for a small party and no-one noticed, add a sturdy case and it's the phone is like a brick (tile?) you can toss around without fear, browser is lightning fast and the virtual keyboard is great -even faster than the physical one on the Q10, proving physical keyboards are just a quirky preference.

But I still find myself missing the Q10, despite all this reasoning. There's something about the way the phone feels. The perfect weight, size, thickness, the smooth rubber and the tactile keys back add up to something special. So hold on to those Q10s even if you get a larger or more suitable replacement! Big and virtual is the future and the Q10 is probably the last phone to "feel like a phone" in a deep psychological, reassuring sense.

Do I have issues, is this a weird irrational obsession with wanting to hold and carry an 'old' phone that is not the most practical for me?
    07-04-15 07:13 AM
    Classic is not an upgrade! Q10 has better screen, a more 'classic' design and is the true Bold successor.
    ST ST likes this.
    07-04-15 07:20 AM
    yeah, the classic is not classic, i expected something close to my 8820.
    it's overpriced, overhyped.
    "get the passport" they said, nothanks, i'd rather get a pocket VAIO or a gameboy. if i needed a replacement like that. also, overpriced.
    so i found a BBQ10 for almost nothing, just a sim card slot to replace
    >the pins were mauled it was cringe to look at it
    >give it to someone to fix it, a pro - who fixes phones all the time (i can't sold BGA/SMCs) he did replace the sim card. but burned a few resistors around and the circuit so
    >ordered a donor blackberry with supposedly a broken microphone
    >test the mic: the mic does records.
    strange.
    >transfer the motherboard to my blackberry q10 which had the sim card issue... now it's just a fancy gameboy.
    >micstill does not work.

conclusion: this is a software issue. the mic is not damaged, the previous owner did an upgrade and that's how problems started.

so i'm back to my 2007's 8820 again, and two useless Q10s. which, survived a Sony Xperia, an iPhone (free because the operator offered it to me but useless, and it died right after the one year warranty, haha) a Samsung Galaxy S3 offered by my lastest operator, which could not handle enoughGs... and lack of keyboard... now two blackberry q10s.

i am contemplating this thing in fear now, that it might want to say "i killed them all while you were asleep. i'll kill any replacement phone during your sleep. you and i, it's forever, Dark..."

edit:
    so, i completely re-wired the new motherboard from a donor blackberry and now, the mic does work, and the network, and the camera; and the gps, and the radio, the coffee maker, the light, the shovel, the waifu, the glonass, the deftones, the who, the beatles, and the missile know where it is, by knowing where it isn't. so far so good.

The 'I got my Q10' thread-dsc02655.jpg

this will end in tears.
    Last edited by darkdoomer; 07-08-15 at 08:29 AM.
    07-08-15 06:55 AM
    Got my Q10 a few days ago coming from a Galaxy 2 that quit working. I made a mission awhile back to get google out of my life forever with a combination of Linux skills and good luck. Owncloud, Blackberry, Duckduckgo, Firefox(getting there, still gotta use Chrome sometimes) , lots of carddav, webdav etc over Owncloud. Really happy with the phone it came from Amazon for 157$ and appeared and acted like it was new. After using it for awhile it really seems like a steal at that price. I updated to the latest leak and sideloaded one app(Suntrust) is there any other 3rd party system for mobile check deposits? Anyways I am glad to get Google out of my life and get a better phone, two days on battery and easy management of multiple email accounts!!?? wut!!?? I think this what they meant by "smartphone" just sayin...
    07-23-15 07:05 PM
    I got my Q10 last year and loved it, but 2 months ago, I switched to the LG G3, I know, blasphemer, but the camera, for on the go quality snaps,and a handful of apps that didn't render well on the Q10 that I use more often than I thought; banking, cam scanner, and others. I still look at the Q10 and want to go back, especially after the 10.3 update from verizon. This thing is a beast. (I am typing on it now, and I totally miss this thing.)

The LG G3 is really good in its own right. Great vanilla android interface, awesome camera, and blazing fast, but no where near as polished and well thought out as BB10. The interface is so intuitive, HUB/Blend!!!, and I love the new "circle and arrows" for correcting text. Just plain miss it. I hope the next passport has a better camera, and the OS has better Google integration. I know it's a sellout thing to say, but in reality, that is going to be the only way to be a contender and stay afloat. I think J. Chen is moving in the right direction.
    07-25-15 10:45 PM
    I just picked up a Q10. It should be arriving soon. I went from a 9930 to a z10 to android and now coming back. I can't wait to get the Q10 in my hands. I will post again when I receive it finally.
    cbeeches likes this.
    09-03-15 05:24 PM
    HI to all Q10 owners I finally decided to buy one, my first BB10 phone was the Z10 bought on 1st February 2013 for personal use, the Q10 looked to be a replacement for our business 9900's but a Q5 was obtained for testing to replace them and I ended up being given it for personal use and it's working well two years on and the 9900's are still in use, next phone for my own use was a Z30 and it still is a brilliant phone even in 2015, so I was missing a Q10 from the original BB10 phones from 2013, but where I live the Q10 price has remained very high and in only in the last month has suddenly crashed and at the price this new sealed Q10 unlocked was being offered with a Blackberry case and two battery bundles included was too good to miss, so far every Blackberry has been reliable and fault free so hoping the Q10 will be too.
    cbeeches likes this.
    09-20-15 12:02 PM
    It's great, enjoy.

Sent from ar�ie's  Q10 
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-21-15 05:23 PM
    How's the flow on 10.3.2 on the Q guys?

"Keep Moving" Z10
    09-25-15 07:33 AM
    Got mine a few days ago. It's amazing
    cbeeches likes this.
    09-26-15 06:57 AM
    I'm a diehard Bold 9900 user and swore I would never use a BB10 device but now I have egg on my face

The Q10 is a superbly built device and BB10 (with recent updates) is meeting my requirements just fine now. I'm glad I got the Q10 instead of the Classic as the latter had too many deal-breakers for me (size being one of them).
    cbeeches likes this.
    09-27-15 07:05 PM
    Congratulations.

Sent from ar�ie's  Q10 
    09-28-15 01:56 PM
    currently using a Z30 and picked up a Q10 from another Crackberry user. Interesting form factor. I picked it up because I had been entertaining a Passport purchase. (Still have never seen one in the flesh) I must say the more i play around with it , the more I like it. Not ready to switch just yet, but probably will. Shame they did not try to make the screen a bit bigger , but I'm sure I'd adapt as I am stating to loath virtual keyboards. I've never really been good with them
    10-06-15 08:57 AM
    Just got mine today !!
    10-07-15 11:03 PM
    Just ordered another Q10 today! I had one when it came out a couple years ago. Work needs took me to android and a year later i bought another Q10 and sold it for a price i couldn't refuse. I have a LG G4...I love the G4 but i need another Q10. I Found a brand new Q10 off one of the auction sites. I am so glad to get back to a work horse of a phone! Plus my kids will stop bugging me to play games! I wanted the classic but the removable battery is a requirement for me. Plus the specs are nearly identical that it was not worth spending 200 more for the tool belt and optical pad. Now I need to sell my G4.
    10-17-15 03:06 PM
    I run Q10 and Q5 handsets
    10-18-15 03:26 PM
    I got brand new q10 yesterday and of course absolutely loving it! Upgraded version 10.3

I cannot find VK Connect app on app world..where can I download that...
    10-21-15 11:49 PM
    I tried to play temple run and subway surfers on q10..they are playable but there is a lot of lagging especially when we play for the first time.. I downloaded them from amazon store.. is there any way to make them run smooth.. your help would be appreciated very much

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 08:20 AM
    i got my Q10 as my lumia 720 died (he was great, died fighting, a hero). i bought BBQ10 as a cheap temporary phone for 500AED=130$ so far it is a great value for money. love the built quality the sound and the keyboard, only problem am having right now is with "Call screen" whenever i disconnect the call or reject it doesn't really disconnects (even if the other person disconnects), instead call screen just stays there for sometime and i have to wait (tap vigorously) for it to go because ill be shown busy for another person whos trying to call me. (i have all latest updates)
    11-11-15 03:13 AM
    I just got my Q10. Post-surgery (total success according to docs) there're 3 or 4 really weird changes w/me. One is that I've totally lost the ability to use a touch screen keyboard. I was never good to begin with and even with MessageEase (IMO the best by far) I now fumble as if I've never used a virtual keyboard.

You guys were all very helpful with your opinions and experiences re: Q10 vs Classic. In the end I decided on the Q10. So far I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and I'm really into this whole one-handed operation thing.

-ZERO keyboard problems with Verizon's latest Software.
    -Battery life is great
    -I'm impressed with the speed of the native browser, but still feel Opera Mini does/did the best to reformat everything into one long column.
    -Keyboard is awesome! I mean really, really awesome

I've had a few minor issues, but I'm still learning OS10 so I can't say the problem is the phone.

If anyone is on the fence about purchasing one, my advice is to go ahead and do it. Fair warning: I do have a tablet with me at work and I do find myself using it a bit more often than when I had a droid w/4.7" screen. However, I don't care because I'm almost as on top of things as when I had my 9930.

Absolutely no regrets so far!
    12-26-15 06:07 PM
    I am on my third Q10 (sold the other 2 in fits of fickleness) and loving it.

I've been raving about it in other threads, but the Q10 is such a great phone, especially considering how long ago it was released.

I am very happy with it and am even considering getting a "spare", as they are getting harder and harder to find in new condition.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    12-26-15 07:45 PM
    Just got a Q10. Been using it for a week, great little phone! Love the form factor, I think it perfectly fits my needs. I first had a passport, then a classic, now this Q10. I think I found a winner!

I might consider buying a q10 spare, as this phone will be hard to come by later. Some people are still using their Bold. I think I'll become those who will continue to use the Q10 for a prolonged time. The productivity in blackberries have no comparison!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 01:16 AM
    Saw a ClassA refurbished Q10 for �40 today...was so tempted

My BIS and Pearl 3G/Bold 9900 still got my back.
    01-23-16 07:57 PM
1,364 ... 4849505152 ...