Morning folks, been a lurker on the board for a few years, (edit : oct 2009!!!, how time flys) not posted much, if at all, been through the roller ball, track pad, 9800 then over to iphone 4 but hated the fact that there was no physical keyboard, but enjoyed the touch screen, (not the first time you've heard that one), as soon as i heard the q10 was coming out i thought "bingo" sorted.....up to the window.....is that my delivery?....max 4 hours to go on the delivery time...up to the window....is that my delivery?.......
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    05-01-13 05:31 AM
    Well, it'll be digital zoom, which all that is, is cropping. Every camera I get, the first thing I do is turn digital zoom off, it's garbage. Then I turn off all of the stupid blips and beeps and whatever other stupid sound effects they make. Why do people like that??? I don't want to feel like I'm playing with a toy... Too bad BB doesn't let you turn off that stupid fake shutter sound...
    Deffo with the shutter sound as it�s difficult to take secrete pictures
    05-01-13 06:26 AM
    Delivered to home whilst i am still at work. Cannot wait to unbox it. Ordered from Carphonewarehouse in the UK. Will update later after work.
    Attached Thumbnails The 'I got my Q10' thread-uploadfromtaptalk1367415994045.jpg  
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    05-01-13 08:51 AM
    Waiting for my Q10 to be delivered...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:24 AM
    Yesterday. I ordered on 16th April. You must have ordered later than that. It seems that they are processing the pre-orders in order of precedence.
    When did you get your dispatch email?
    CPW debited my account on 26th April.

Still waiting...
    *sadface*

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:35 AM
    Guys ok i did created a thread after the Jan 30th launch, expressing my frustration on the actual launch date of the Q10...
    guess what?? my frustration IS OVER!!!!!

I picked one up from Phones4You in the Uk this morning and this phone is DA BOMB

thank you Blackberry you did a fantastic job.. the Q10 costs more than the Z? WHO CARES, i have it in my hands and i cant let it go, love the keyboard, amazing, slick. The back looks gorgeus my god, the phone does not look premium. IT IS PREMIUM, whatever angle you look at it from!!!!

I was quite surprised by the headphones too, they are quality..

This will be a good year for my communication world..

now i-m curious to see how long the battery lasts, i hope i dont get any bad surprises from that point of you

Blackberry, you did a great job, thanks!!!
    cooboo, angieberry10 and Alan973 like this.
    05-01-13 11:30 AM
    Deffo with the shutter sound as it’s difficult to take secrete pictures
    Just flush the toilet just as you take the image and it will hide the noise!
    05-01-13 12:00 PM
    Sorry but I hate it. My fault. I hadn't realised that everything was touchscreen other than typing emails and text messages. I have had a mare all day. Mine is going back.
    05-01-13 01:02 PM
    Picked my Q10 up today at the Rogers store at York Mills and Leslie in Toronto. It is a beautiful device! The build quality is fantastic! No Rogers branding on the bottom bezel either! I picked up the OEM soft shell case and a screen protector to go along with it. The case fits like a glove!

There was one thing that surprised me though... I was a diehard QWERTY guy before I got my first ever all touch phone with the Z10 in February. I was surprised at how much I had to adjust to typing on the Q10. I did not realize how strong my muscle memory for the Z10 was! It was actually awkward for me to type on the Q10!

As of now I'm happy with my Q10 but am not head over heels like I thought I'd be. For those moving from a QWERTY BB OS7 device, no question you will instantly fall in love. But I think the early QWERTY converts/Z10 adopters might be surprised at how conditioned you've become at the all touch. That speaks volumes about BB's amazing effort with the Z10... it actually converted me to a full touch guy!

That said, I'm still gonna rock the Q10 for the next month. I absolutely love how it looks and am anxious to play with OS10.1. And no matter what BB I get, I always traditionally have a hint of buyer's remorse for a couple of days until the device eventually wins me over. I expect that by the time the weekend hits, I will be as much in love with my Q10 as I am with my Z10!
    revtech likes this.
    05-01-13 01:32 PM
    Finally!
    The 'I got my Q10' thread-img_00000004.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 01:42 PM
    Still waiting on Yodel to show up with mine. Glad they delivered someones today.
    Waiting on the delivery status to say I wasnt home or something, like they do!
    05-01-13 02:00 PM
    Dont wanna take a few days to see if you can adapt?
    I was terrified when I got my Z, but after a day or so it was second nature, just like the 9900.
    Only down side of no track pad of course is no navigation with thick gloves on.
    05-01-13 02:02 PM
    CONGRATULATIONS you guys!!!!!! SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY VERY VERY happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tomsobon likes this.
    05-01-13 02:07 PM
    I've been waiting for a thread with this title for a while. Now I can't wait to read it in a couple of months to see what people think of it once it's been in daily use for a while.
    05-01-13 02:08 PM
    Well, thanks YODEL, as expected the tracking system has updated to say the package is back at the depot now. No phone for me tonight then. Liars !
    05-01-13 02:13 PM
    Yesterday. I ordered on 16th April. You must have ordered later than that. It seems that they are processing the pre-orders in order of precedence.
    I ordered mine the day CPW pre orders went live.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:27 PM
    I called the Rogers store closest to me this morning and they were to receive some Q10s. So I checked my preorder and it still said "Open". I cancelled the preorder and drove to the store. Here it is after a bit of fun and setting up.
    Attached Thumbnails The 'I got my Q10' thread-imag0461.jpg   The 'I got my Q10' thread-imag0459.jpg  
    sirk25, petaf, tetonica and 1 others like this.
    05-01-13 03:37 PM
    Mine is coming tomorrow, after I tweeted CPW, they asked me to call and while talking to the very helpful agent, my Q10 was dispatched.
    *happy dance*

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:38 PM
    Got mine today in vancouver.

R Field, nabatron and SoloShaBerry like this.
    05-01-13 03:58 PM
    Yup I sure have. From Selfridges in the UK. There was a steady queue and everyone was buying Q10s which is really good. They limited it to only 2 per customer to scupper dealers buying 100s, which I think is a good idea.

Overall very impressed! The keyboard is fantastic! And the OS is smooth. It almost feels like BB10 was actually build for the smaller screen.

SMALL BEZEL: I was initially concerned by the small bezel at the bottom for gestures but it has not been a problem at all! The only thing is that sometimes when scrolling in lists, I accidentally do the swipe up gesture, but I guess that's because of where my thumb is used to scrolling. So in time perhaps that woun't happen anymore. In any case, the OS is so fast that if I accidentally do that, I can quickly recover without it being irritating.

The KEYBOARD on this thing is fantastic! It's so satisfying to be able to type accurately without the software having to guess what I intended to write. It's abit slower than using a touch screen but I'd sacrifice accuracy over speed anyday. You're almost compelled to write out more descriptive messages because the experience is so great

MY ONLY MAJOR GRIPE so far is the text cursor. It detailed this in another post, but the problem is that when I tap a text control that doesn't have focus, the circle for moving the cursor about doesn't always appear. It's abit annoying because it may not appear even after repeated taps. Hopefully this will get fixed with a software update.

BATTERY: The battery life is great! I've been using it for about 13 hours and I've only just hit the 20% low warning. On my Z10 I would have had to charge my phone by now for sure.

Overall, this is the best blackberry I've owned and it can only get better. Hope they fix the cursor issue and ill have no more problems.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:05 PM
    Mine is coming tomorrow, after I tweeted CPW, they asked me to call and while talking to the very helpful agent, my Q10 was dispatched.
    *happy dance*

Posted via CB10
    Hey CJH, if you're in London you can actually just walk into a Selfridges ans buy one. They are currently limiting it to 2 per customer to prevent dealers having the monopoly on the things but they definately have them in Stock.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:08 PM
    Finally have got it in my hands. totally in love with it. However, the experience with CPW is terible: delayed delivery, confusing tracking status and the free gift (the mini speaker) missing. Nevet ever order from them ever again!
    Attached Thumbnails The 'I got my Q10' thread-uploadfromtaptalk1367444000385.jpg   The 'I got my Q10' thread-uploadfromtaptalk1367444029978.jpg  
    nabatron and SoloShaBerry like this.
    05-01-13 04:39 PM
    Yup, I love BB
    The 'I got my Q10' thread-img_00003021.jpg
    R Field, sirk25, JUSTQUAN2 and 4 others like this.
    05-01-13 04:48 PM
    Finally have got it in my hands. totally in love with it. However, the experience with CPW is terible: delayed delivery, confusing tracking status and the free gift (the mini speaker) missing. Nevet ever order from them ever again!
    I can understand what people are saying about CPW, but I will say apart from being a day later then advertised the service I received wasn't too bad. When I called them they kept me informed and they sent the phone as promised on the call. I had it sent to the local shop rather than home to avoid any 'no one answer the door' scenarios and the tracking was spot on.

As for the speaker, I am not saying this is the case, but did you notice in the small print that this was limited to the first 2000 orders and subject to availability? I did receive mine and it's a much better than I thought it would be.

Hopefully the Q10 is enough to make you forget your bad experience. I don't particularly like big chains like CPW and big chain service can be terrible, but I wanted to share a more positive experience.
    05-01-13 05:41 PM
    Yup, I love BB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00003021.jpg 
Views:	876 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	156872
    Is that your Fox Mustang in that pic? 1989 GT I'm guessing? Looks to be in decent shape for the age from that little pic... :-)
    05-01-13 06:23 PM
1,364 ... 34567 ...