How I fixed my classic Q10 by upgrading from a �bricked phone� to 10.3.2.2639! (links at end)
    ( Hardware; Q10, �classic� SQN100-5 Radio: 10.3.2.2640 OS:10.3.2.2639)

Hello everyone! I finally �unbricked� my phone! Backstory; after my phone took a dive, I bought a q10 classic off the internet. Of course I performed the �on the phone� wipe and realized I had an old OS, so off to the Crackberry forums!

Using Sachesi RC I attempted the non-destructive update path with the Debrick and the Radio .bar files. However I erred and chose core OS and radio! In my brilliance all the apps even the system and setup apps were deprecated. In essence, my radio worked but I could not shut it off (put in flight mode) access any phone settings or make anything work, even losing access to the keyboard.

I knew the phone was not completely dead, having unstable usb connection and the radio was functioning � only the built in browser functioned. I am patient, quite aware not to become impatient; unplugging the device during a long update cycle. On restart, many of the phones apps, especially settings would hang with the error �deprecated runtime� cease working others would just maximize � flash � and disappear. What a pain, worse the usb connection was flaky and would take forever to be recognized by Sachesi and a lifetime for the phone to reboot.

The blackberry desktop for 10.x did not see the phone (on the first computer or the second computer until after the upgrade) as the driver would randomly disconnect and reconnect. In essence I had a nice shiny paperweight.

Background; The failed original flash!

The current Sachesi program from (GitHub) would not start on the first computer (VB+ Runtime error) despite going to Microsoft and downloading the update! At this point I was fighting Sachesi and my phone.

Luckily, again on your forums found a version called Sachesi RC.

I chose the install tab, after a few seconds of scanning my usb bus found 3 items and identified my phone. Of course, as explained above I made a mistake! By..Choosing the Wrong pair of files (Core OS and Radio) instead of (Debrick and Radio) and ran the install. Now after the reboot the phone was partially bricked, with limited access.

Solution, (antidotal,.. but maybe this will help someone)

1) Switched Computers, one which had the blackberry 10 desktop installed that worked for my destroyed previous phone
    2) Downloaded Darcy tools 3.1.0.1 (thanks to the developer) and created an Autoloader from the correct pairing of Debrick and Radio (After running, file was found in the Darcy tool folder) links at end.

Problem: My newly created .exe autoloader, built in Darcy Tools ran but flashed a command window and disappeared! Once I actually got the autoloader to work, it was obvious this was an error. (You know its working when the command-dos windows must remain open) It will display the status of the install, and details about the OS etc.

Solution,

1) Using Sachesi RC on the Install Tab, after the phone is recognized three buttons appear, �wipe� �factory� �reboot�. I choose the �wipe� ---- despite trying to use the �destructive� autoloader my phone still had the previous settings from the failed �nondestructive� attempt!

2) After the wipe was completed, the screen was black, and I got messages that I needed to update a blackberry main app (deprecated) as I found out later the setup was not completed.

3) Downgraded Blackberry Desktop tools (Installed in place) over version 10.x to 7 (7.1.0.41) and plugged in the phone! In a few seconds the phone driver recognized quickly and appeared stable ! What was strange OS 7 did not prompt me that I was using the wrong software for my OS 10 Phone!

4) It was obvious at this point to search for an runtime upgrade for the deprecated apps. I noticed there were various links for Android runtime for 10.3, many were broken so was the link to the update on the blackberry site.

5) I found �ApploaderWebSL-Upgrade.msi� on https://supportforums.blackberry.com, Once the app is run, a button will appear with your �phone ID� and then you can proceed. Again, I believe the drivers were stable in part by installing OS 7 Blackberry Desktop installation over the previous Desktop for 10.x

6) I thought my worries were over. However when I ran the �ApploaderWebSL-Upgrade.msi� and it gave me an error that update failed � due to setup was not completed! (groundhog day!)

7) Again, I ran the autoloader created in Darcy Tools, which incorporated the correct Debrick and Radio files. It WORKED! The command window stayed open as the program showed progress of the install. On reboot the phone was fully functional with the (10.3.2.2639)

Done! have a working phone... thank god!

Notes: I used Darcy tools (File DBBT3.1.0.1) To create the autoloader, Instead of Sachesi RC (2.0.0 RC) Why?

1) Sachesi autoloader failed due to a missing .cap file � took forever to fail
    2) Failed Install of Sachesi on my first computer, getting (VB+ Runtime error) after downloading the latest GitHub files on 4.30.16 and running the proper updates from Microsoft. (despite the missing file was in system 32)
    3) However, Sachesi was helpful in wiping the phone, when you have no access to the phone buttons /keys

Notes: Some of the steps might seem unnecessary; however all I can convey is antidotal information, after the failed attempt with the nondestructive update (Sachesi)

Created an autoloader, with Darcy Tools hoping a destructive update would reset the phone with the new OS (10.3.2.2639) � Which it did.

My conclusion, the drivers either inside the phone or the computer, using windows 7 64 bit seemed to be unstable until I downgraded Blackberry Desktop in place.. That is overwrote the installation of Blackberry 10.3x with an older version 7 (7.1.0.41). When the phone was operating normally, I decided to use the version 7 desktop and NOW it errored, claiming I owned and OS 10 device, and needed to update the software!

Note: Disabled my Anti-Virus -- Kaspersky Internet Security after the downloaded files were scanned. AV could be a problem with the upgrade, in my case it slowed down the process�so I disabled, do this at your own risk, especially when visiting other sites. I try to stay on Crackberry or Blackberry download pages.

Links:

Here is my Hardware; Q10, �classic� SQN100-5 Radio: 10.3.2.2640 OS:10.3.2.2639

Note; there are a few updates for 10.x you need to make sure you have a current update. I chose an old one, which worked perfectly for my old phone, but because of my error bricked my new one.

Guide for upgrading using Sachesi ( non-destructive ) Scroll down to GEODORN excellent post!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1006171/

Sachesi GitHub Releases
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases

The Version that worked for me.. even after the install error Sachesi RC
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases/tag/2.0.0rc

How to create Autoloader using Darcy Tools (clear makes sense) autoloader=destructive (in this case)
    Darcy's BlackBerry Tools - BerryLeaks Wiki - Wikia

Darcy Tools (3.1.0.1)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsh9vxif0a...1.0.1.rar?dl=0
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...5/index11.html

OS Pages

I started with this 10.3.1.2558 (10.3.1) Failed cause of my error ..
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.1.2558 update files now available for download | CrackBerry.com

Saved by this upgrade after wipe with Sachesi2-RC and Autoloader made from Darcy Tools
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1037358/

Blackberry Apps -- Web Apploader from blackberry

BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - United States If you follow the link hitting install this file will be downloaded to your computer: ApploaderWebSL-Upgrade.msi

Blackberry Desktop 7.1.0 (710_b042_multilanguage.exe) digitally signed / file hippo (overwrote 10.x install)
    Download Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1.0 - Download - FileHippo.com

Cheers.. hope some of this helps
    04-30-16 02:54 PM
    And you didn�t break anything? Or shout at random people in the street?

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    05-01-16 02:31 PM
    Was it a Classic or a Q10? You say your classic Q10.
    05-01-16 10:13 PM
    What's a Classic Q10? Can't have both in a single phone, dude. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 10:43 PM
    I did the same with my Passport Z10, worked awesome!

Joke asied, nice one OP. Thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 01:04 PM