I guess it is just me - but, the provocative thread titles are getting silly.

I cannot imagine why someone would believe that the 9900 to Q10 is a downgrade. Rather, the user's unique taste or preference may be the sore-spot he/she has with the transition. But, calling it a downgrade is, IMO, not accurate. There are simillar threads already out there - how user's preferences weren't addressed with the new handset. Why a new one? Just like everyone saying, "I got my Q10" is stickied, I wish these were too so we could view the threads with Q10 bugs, tweaks, OS enhancements, etc.
    06-18-13 07:08 PM
    Hello crackberry people
    What are your thoughts..?
    Mo

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't seem like youre asking a lot, or is it that youre being tripped up by a little. Really? I used to have 5 ringtones now I have 3. Really? I believe you are sincere, Im not belittling you.
    I think you might consider the Z10.
    Those are my thoughts inspired by your post.
    06-18-13 07:14 PM
    How typical that people blast the OP for posting his observations, which clearly don't mesh with your rose colored glasses fanboy attitude.
    Much of what he says is correct. Speed dialing is atrocious. The inability to change font sizes within a message or text is sloppy, lazy coding. But that is all OK because it is good enough for you, right?
    Nice to see that someone with six posts has already adapted to the environment. Blast anyone you disagree with.
    You've adapted well yourself, lol.
    06-18-13 07:17 PM
    Yes, OS10 is quite different than OS7 was... but Anyone with only 3 posts here is not to be taken as "average joe". Did you join the site just to bash the q10? Sounds "fishy" to me....
    You don't need a history here on CB to be smack on with observations. In fact I know a lot of very knowledgeable BBRY users who would never spend their time on Internet forums.
    h20work likes this.
    06-18-13 07:25 PM
    You missed one ... Can't read the text on the website because it is too small. Go ahead and compare the two browsers ... I find the 9900 browser much easier to read text on. To me that trumps your previous 20.
    Turn on Magnification in the accessibility options. You can then pinch to zoom on ANY screen that's too small. Two finger swipes from top then toggles this feature on/off so it's not there when you don't need it.
    06-18-13 07:28 PM
    Turn on Magnification in the accessibility options. You can then pinch to zoom on ANY screen that's too small. Two finger swipes from top then toggles this feature on/off so it's not there when you don't need it.
    How about an option to select "small/medium/large" and then scale the fonts to the users requirements. Pinch to zoom is simply more wasted swipes. Like not being able to delete a message directly. Everything takes more keystrokes/swipes than it should. Guess that's another case of "Keep Moving". Lazy coders.
    06-18-13 07:46 PM
    And I'm just upset I have to buy a Q10 to get OS10. Just let me keep my Bold 9900 and use the new software. I LOVE the trackpad. I get that the software may not work on the 9900, but it's just what I want.
    You can't just expect new OSes to backport to devices with unsupported screen resolutions, input methods, entirely different chipsets, cameras, etc...

Your wish would actually cause more problems for the BB10 ecosystem and development timeline than it would improve anything.
    06-18-13 08:13 PM
    Or he could also try reader mode.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    06-18-13 08:15 PM
    Hopefully by the time Sprint releases the "Q" or the "A" 10, all those will be fixed.
    06-18-13 08:31 PM
    How typical that people blast the OP for posting his observations, which clearly don't mesh with your rose colored glasses fanboy attitude.
    Much of what he says is correct. Speed dialing is atrocious. The inability to change font sizes within a message or text is sloppy, lazy coding. But that is all OK because it is good enough for you, right?
    Nice to see that someone with six posts has already adapted to the environment. Blast anyone you disagree with.
    I guess he learned from the owner of this site..it is funny when a stock analyst praise the stock they all say good call blah and blah when they downgrade the stock they all say analysts have no clue. It is this kind of behavior that alienate users. Blackberry are sub standard phones plain and simple..buy today and will fix it tomorrow (maybe) mentality.
    06-18-13 08:39 PM
    I guess he learned from the owner of this site..it is funny when a stock analyst praise the stock they all say good call blah and blah when they downgrade the stock they all say analysts have no clue. It is this kind of behavior that alienate users. Blackberry are sub standard phones plain and simple..buy today and will fix it tomorrow (maybe) mentality.
    So tell us why you are on this site when you are neither a fan of blackberry or the site owners. You do realize this is a blackberry fan site right? Does your time have that little value that you spend it on things you aren't interested in and disagree with?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 09:50 PM
    dubai911

Couldn't agree with you more! I have another 10 beefs I could add to your list. A big one for me is Outlook Contact categories did not roll over to the 10 platform so you can no longer filter your contacts. I agree with your re: the bare bones notification tones and options....blows. The functions/features shortcuts that we all have come to expect from the 9700 - 9900 series phones are just not there in the 10 platform. There are soooooo many features and options missing it is a huge Let Down. I can run circles around the new platform with my 9700 in regards to texting and emailing. navigating etc. I wish they had left the track pad on the Q10 with at least the same features as what the 9900 offers as a minimum. I'm on a 30 day trial and the phone is going back. going to a Samsung S4.

Oh yeah, another BB SNAFU.......you cannot forward (text, email, BBM) Notes and Tasks like you could on the 9900 & 9700.
    Uhg, what is BB designers thinking!
    GT
    06-18-13 10:22 PM
    Please do me a favor. Oilers Nation is a blog that has text. A double tap results in bigger but still too small font. Try your magnifying feature on this font. Unless you tell me that the font is in fact bigger than prior to the magnification, I will take your advice as not feasible for websites. Yes, I know about reader mode. OK if the site supports reader mode but still another step in the process. And another point, bigger font is only a reasonable option when the text wordwraps so that you do not have to scroll left and right constantly.

Is it too much to ask that BB10 at least displays text as well as any Android that I could name.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 06-18-13 at 11:25 PM.
    06-18-13 10:35 PM
    all this crosstalk and still no PM...
    06-18-13 10:40 PM
    Yes, OS10 is quite different than OS7 was... but Anyone with only 3 posts here is not to be taken as "average joe". Did you join the site just to bash the q10? Sounds "fishy" to me....
    post count doesn't dictate a sound evaluation,,, i've seen people w/ 10k posts post complete idiotic nonsense,,, i don't care if you have no posts, if you've got a legit issue, pro or con, then so be it...
    06-18-13 10:40 PM
    How about an option to select "small/medium/large" and then scale the fonts to the users requirements. Pinch to zoom is simply more wasted swipes. Like not being able to delete a message directly. Everything takes more keystrokes/swipes than it should. Guess that's another case of "Keep Moving". Lazy coders.
    Hahaha agreed..

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:33 AM
    All good things to those who wait.

Your patience is gonna pay you good my friend wait untill 10.2

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 01:08 AM
    Bold 9900 is the best BB7 Phone there will ever be.
    The Bold has been polished over the years from the original 9000, which I thought was impossible to top after coming from the 8310.
    Q10 Is the first BB10 QWERTY Phone, It has to be polished as well.
    My S3 Droid frustrates me on a daily basis. Its not a comunication device, its a toy. I cant tell you how many times Ive tried to make a call or send a text and ended up watching a you tube video or browsing photos. Droids work flow sucks.
    & Im not an apple guy.
    Being a Die Hard Blackberry-er' Im anticipating that there is a frustrating learning curve.
    Im buying the Q10 because I want Blackberry to be around. They need support from their people/fans/users, now more than ever since they are under the scope...even though if history repeats itself.... Better things are to come & I will have to upgrade later.
    So Im putting my money where my mouth is.

Most people on this forum have come to the conclusion that the learning curve for BB10 Is about 2 weeks.
    If you consider yourself a die hard blackberry fan then give it the two weeks before you add another number to Mac or droid.
    06-19-13 06:06 AM
    For me, one-button speed dial from home screen would likely be the biggest decision point on whether or not to drop my 9930 for a Q10. I use it a lot, and no - typing in a name is not the same thing as a one-button speed-dial.
    06-19-13 07:02 AM
    Q10 Is the first BB10 QWERTY Phone, It has to be polished as well.
    Unfortunately, BBRY has brought forth a product that has issues that only the faithful BlackBerry loyalists are willing to deal with. The redundant "It's a new OS, what did you expect ..." and the "Wait for the 10.? update, It will be fixed ..." diatribe is one that will cause the prospective customer to hesitate and question their choice. I can only imagine the thoughts running through a persons mind when they create a Crackberry account and start reading all the negative comments and gripes regarding the current problems facing Blackberry! The lack of carrier support in sending out the OS updates are only exacerbating this problem and causing more frustration among the new customers that have ventured away from the other platforms.

Being a Die Hard Blackberry-er' Im anticipating that there is a frustrating learning curve. They need support from their people/fans/users, now more than ever since they are under the scope. Most people on this forum have come to the conclusion that the learning curve for BB10 Is about 2 weeks. If you consider yourself a die hard blackberry fan then give it the two weeks before you add another number to Mac or droid.
    THIS is also another prime example of why customers are becoming infuriated. When an individual purchases a new device, the last thing they are looking for is a "two week learning curve" I understand that anything takes a bit of getting used to, but to allow two weeks seems a bit excessive. When a kid picks up a device from one of the other OSs, they are up an running within a few hours (downloading all their games, apps and music) and grinning from ear to ear. If the Z10 was handed to the same child and the issues stated in this thread started appearing, you can bet that kid would be screaming bloody murder and demanding a more user friendly (simple) device by days end! I too want BlackBerry (and my stocks) to succeed more so than the average Joe, but unless carrier support, app development and more rapid updates are delivered with haste, there is only going to be mediocre fanfare and newbies returning their phones in order to get the apps desired and the device that offers the most simplistic operation.
    06-19-13 07:44 AM
    hopefully BB continue to add more and more of the old shortcuts with each upgrade of the 10 platform. judging from my Z10 im happy that the 10 platform is far more customisable than IOS but is somewhere in-between IOS and BB7 ... us BB user have always enjoyed our highly customisable phones ... i still remember trading in my IPhone 3gs and buying a BB OS5 for the first time ... i didn't like it at the beginning as it was just so different but after a few weeks i understood the term Crackberry and ive only had a BB ever since (I still think that BB-OS7 whips Android, windows phone or IOS for business communication use.. hands down) .... IMO Although BB10 needs improvement the OS itself is easily the best of the bunch. Android is the worst (its got me stuffed how anyone buys one of these - but each to their own) followed closely by Windows phone (which IMO just does not flow and is all over the shop) IOS is ok but far too un-customisable which for me, which makes it frustrating and un-user friendly (this is the reason I sent my 3GS packing) ... it looks to me like bb10 is trying to set itself somewhere in-between IOS and BBOS7 in terms of customisation ability.
    06-19-13 08:31 AM
    I switched from 9900 to Z10. Loving everything about the Z10 and BB10. Text selection isn't too bad once you get used to it. The track pad was beauty but this is tolerable. Better than the iPhone for sure. The Z10 has an excellent touchscreen keyboard but I will say I miss the tactile feedback of a physical keyboard. I should have held out for the Q10 so I could have BB10 awesomeness and a keyboard! Keyboard is the only thing I miss about my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 08:51 AM
    What percentage of legacy Blackberry users would you guess have been using BB devices for 2 years, 4 years, 10 years....And NEVER signed on to Crackberry? I'd say 95% of all users would be a conservative estimate. Probably 97, 98%.
    Why would it be "fishy" that one finally stumbles upon this forum- OR is compelled enough with a new device- to join CB?
    These "conspiracy theories" are getting tired!
    06-19-13 09:32 AM
    When a kid picks up a device from one of the other OSs, they are up an running within a few hours (downloading all their games, apps and music) and grinning from ear to ear. If the Z10 was handed to the same child and the issues stated in this thread started appearing, you can bet that kid would be screaming bloody murder and demanding a more user friendly (simple) device by days end!
    Just this part in your post Harley Kid I do not agree with. Hand any device to most kids and they will have it up and running in no time. That include a Z10. They adapt more easily to unfamiliar things because everything is unfamiliar. They learn faster than someone older like us who have been used to a way of doing things for years. I think the only thing they will be crying bloody murder about is the lack of games. The OS is simpler, IMO, than an Android device. If said kid already had a crack at Android they might get bored of BB10 quickly.

The "two week learning curve" is not for everyone either and does not extend to just BB10 devices. My girlfriend is a smart girl and still asks me on occasion how to use certain features on her iPhone 5 that she has had since November. Her friend switched to a Galaxy SII from a Bold and after a few weeks was still frustrated as ever. It has been a few months now and she is pondering getting a different phone already (although I think it's a battery issue). Everyone learns differently and at their own pace. I have had this Q10 for a week now and have figured out everything I need to on my own in the first few days. I have learned many more tricks on CB just like I always have with my Blackberrys. I'm not even a week in and I've already settled in nicely and don't plan on going back. Not everyone will be the same and I understand that. Tomorrow will be a test for me as I have been roped in to teach a Construction manager how to use a Q10 coming from an iPhone.
    cog921 likes this.
    06-19-13 09:35 AM
    Well it's really simple. You either like Blackberry or you go to another platform and be a happy ever after.

Think other platforms fare better? Think again. It's a typical "the sun shines brighter in my neighbour's garden" syndrome, where every BB critizicer thinks other brands are perfect and lack of any issues. Well, it'll be a cold day in hell when you find a smartphone platform that is flawless and pleases every single weirdness your personality desires in a phone.

One should really be full of one's self to start listing PERSONAL needs in a phone, and think that because a phone does not comply with them the phone sucks, BB will fail and everyone that disagrees with you is falmimng you, hating you or just plain trolling you. Think you are not alone with your needs? Of course you aren't. There's 6 billion people in the world, so the chances that someone out there will share your personal needs are huge. But is that really a reason for BB or any other company to add the features you need? If your answer is yes, then you really are in for a huge disappointment. And it's not a matter of not wanting more. We all want a smartphone that is perfect at everything and has everything we need, but it's a fact of life that we can't get everything we need, and shouldn't either. So deal with it. Find a way around it. I can asure you that the solution is simple and doesn't involve changing phones. You don't want to find a way around it? Good for you and your laziness. I gues it's easier to go to the store, change the phone and start anew instead of dealing with the problem.

And it's not that people are not entitled to complain about a lacking product (screen does not work, too fragile, battery life too short, etc.), they really are and they have every right to be upset about a subpar product (any product). But please, when you complain about things so specific as " I can't add myself to BBM - damn Blackberry-my life is ruined because of this" or "Too many swipes, lazy coders" that is not complaining, that is just behaving like a spoiled child. Which is what most of the "complainers" do nowadays, who seem to take the lacking of personal features in a phone as a personal insult. Please don't make it personal, because it really isn't. The smartphone or the company making them have no fault in not giving you everything you want, or need. Most just give you what they think you need, and cover it in flowers and fanfares to make you think you need them (Siri, iCloud, turn-of when you close your eyes, swipe without touching, quad core phones, huge screens with gazillion pixels, etx.).
    cog921 and SlcCorrado like this.
    06-19-13 09:59 AM
129 1234 ...