So after being embedded in an iPhone 4 then an iPhone 5 for at least 3 years I just switched to a Q10

I used to have a 9930 before the iPhones

So my biggest question is why aren't more people using bb10?
    The OS is fluid and stable and awesome

The main issue is the muscle memory of iOS. It really takes a few days to retrain your brain to use the hub.

The predictive text is absolutely amazing.

Everyone I show it to wants to get back on there blackberry.

That should be John Chen's marketing---come back to Blackberry

I do miss the vertical screen real estate but the benefits far outweigh the downsides.

Show your q10 to all your iPhone friends. They will be jealous. Especially the ones that know how great they remember their Blackberry's

I did my part - get everyone back on a device that communicates
    kevets, Jiggy1971, Elite1 and 15 others like this.
    04-15-14 10:10 PM
    Welcome back. I recently switched from an iPhone 5s to a z30. Good choice going to the q10!

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    04-15-14 10:14 PM
    Welcome back. I went from an iPhone 4-5 upgrading every year. I tried a z10 and hated the battery life and went back to iPhone. When the Z30 came out I procrastinated until Feb. Best move I ever made. I may never go back to iPhone as long as BlackBerry is alive.

Posted from my zee thirt teee
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    04-15-14 10:15 PM
    Agreed. Such an underestimated device!

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    04-15-14 10:17 PM
    Well, your post is tempting me more! I have been thinking to sell off my iPhone 5(which is in great condition and I love it) for Q10. The only thing which concerns me is the screen estate..

Quite confused.. I have already used Z10 for 2 months so I am familiar with OS which is bloody amazing

So after being embedded in an iPhone 4 then an iPhone 5 for at least 3 years I just switched to a Q10

The main issue is the muscle memory of iOS. It really takes a few days to retrain your brain to use the hub.

I do miss the vertical screen real estate but the benefits far outweigh the downsides.

Show your q10 to all your iPhone friends. They will be jealous. Especially the ones that know how great they remember their Blackberry's

04-15-14 10:23 PM
    Yes me too. From iPhone 4S to Z30. This BlackBerry suits me and can do more. A very underrated phone.

Posted by CB10 via Z30
    04-15-14 10:24 PM
    Don't kick me off the forum but I have multiple apple devices that I love. I convinced myself if I was really going to watch video or play a game I am going to use my iPad mini.

Perfect combo of a q10 for awesome phone calls and contact management and texting and emailing and leave the games and movies to the iPad mini

I have found all the apps I really need on the q10

Epocrates ( I am a doc)
    concur app for travel arrangements with my company
    Blackberry travel for the actual travel days. (Nothing beats bb travel)
    Go music for my google play music subscription
    My Youversion bible app
    Cisco webex

I was afraid I couldn't manage my google voice account and use it still for voicemail....but the URL with a shortcut right to the mobile google voice app lets you dial and check your voicemail just fine

The one thing that really ticked me off about the switch was getting my phone number OFF of iMessage. This is a royal pain the rear. I talked to Apple senior support for several days. They are still having issues with some users not getting deregistered from iMessage despite them removing your phone number from their servers.
    They know this is a huge issue.
    I actually filed a complaint with the FCC and the FTC about this issue.
    Most people can send me an SMS without issue but this took at least 4 days.
    My wife's texts still go to iMessage oblivion.
    I have actually got her over to using bbm on the iPhone !!
    Much better than iMessage anyway

If you have issues with getting off iMessage I would suggest you also file a complaint or this will never get fixed. Apple said the issue was supposed to be resolved with iOS 7.1 but they are still getting reports of issues
    04-15-14 10:36 PM
    Hmm, seems I will pick a Q0 soon. I have iPad mini(1st gen) which works absolutely fine. I do all the browsing and read books on iPad.

The only app which I use on my iPhone is Instagram, Zomato(like Yelp).. I really don't know why I am still on iPhone(maybe I am just too much into Apple ecosystem)
    04-15-14 10:41 PM
    Nice to hear. Any problems so far?
    04-15-14 10:42 PM
    Welcome back :-). After I use Q10 for awhile everytime I use my mom's ipad I do bb10 gestures lol.

via Q10
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    04-15-14 10:45 PM
    Yes Q10 and iPad mini that the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Cross and agarwal.apar like this.
    04-15-14 11:04 PM

Amen!
    04-15-14 11:44 PM
    That's great to hear that you made the switch. Since making the switch to a Q10, do you or should I ask, how many times do you get asked "why are you "still" using a BBRY?"

What made you pick a Q10 over the Z10 or Z30? I use to use the legacy BB devices and got away for a bit due to the slow browser issues and nothing was being introduced by BBRY at the time. So I went over and tried an android device, then an iPhone and liked the iPhone more. But when I started hearing and reading more about BB10 and what they were doing with it, I waited for the Q10 to come out. I got it when it was released and loved it ever since. People talk about the apps and I'm not a big app user and so I don't have a problem with the phone. I think it's a great phone and the OS is awesome to use. It's so much quicker to use and get through app and emails, etc. on the BB10 device than an iPhone. When I go to use my iPhone to mess with, I feel that it takes forever to load between apps and I can't run multiple things at once.

Why are people so stuck on how Blackberry's used to be and now what they are now? I wish more cell phone stores had working demos and that people would honestly give the phones a real chance to try it now (longer that the 5-10 minutes in the store (if they are lucky) or 1-2 days.

Well glad to hear that you are enjoying your phone and hopefully you can spread the word about your experience with BB10 and others will consider trying it out.
    hlg8888 likes this.
    04-15-14 11:48 PM

u
    May I add:

Its not an upgrade of your old BlackBerry.
    It's actually not even a BlackBerry.
    It's QNX, and and we bought it as a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    LibertyPhone likes this.
    04-15-14 11:52 PM
    Welcome back. The Q10 is such an awesome phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 11:56 PM

ya bb10 is an awesome os...
    and yes the hub takes about a week of use before you really start to feel comfortable...i found it a bit confusing and first but after the first week i really like it..
    04-16-14 12:08 AM
    Hmm, . I have iPad mini(1st gen) which works absolutely fine. I do all the browsing and read books on iPad.

The only app which I use on my iPhone is Instagram, Zomato(like Yelp).. I really don't know why I am still on iPhone(maybe I am just too much into Apple ecosystem)
    .....wonderful phone that Q0
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-16-14 12:09 AM
    Well, your post is tempting me more! I have been thinking to sell off my iPhone 5(which is in great condition and I love it) for Q10. The only thing which concerns me is the screen estate..

Quite confused.. I have already used Z10 for 2 months so I am familiar with OS which is bloody amazing
    Soo for you I'd get a Z30 cause u seem to like full touch and the phone crushes an Iphone 5

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    04-16-14 01:10 AM
    Oh and congrats on leaving the tight grasp of the dark side and all their followers

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    04-16-14 01:15 AM
    I dont like big screen phones. Moreover, I just didn't like the way Z30 looks.. Z10/Q10 are fetter better looking than Z30

Soo for you I'd get a Z30 cause u seem to like full touch and the phone crushes an Iphone 5

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    BERRYNOID, Sergiu1337 and creowano like this.
    04-16-14 01:25 AM

I agree that is a good combination. The Q10 is a little beast! Partner that up with an iPad or even new Nexus 7, and you have lots covered. I have seen a few small businesses go this route with good success so far. Many people can't stand the redundancy of iPhone and iPad combination along with Apple's proprietary design limitations. If only BlackBerry would release a bridge (like PB) from the phones to these other devices including computers, oh how super excited many of us would be! How nice desktop video chat for eBBM lol, stop teasing already.
    04-16-14 01:56 AM
    Glad to hear it! I, too, was in a similar boat: was a 9900 user since its release, used an iPhone 5 for a year, and then a few months ago came back to Blackberry with a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 01:59 AM
    Welcome to the club, you should try other blackberries too.
    Full touch is also awesome

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:03 AM
    It's always nice to be home.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    04-16-14 02:13 AM
    Welcome back to the good old Improved Qwerty World of Blackberry !
    04-16-14 02:52 AM
81 123 ...