Sames situation. I came back after one year of Iphone 4S.

Iphone has better camera and more apps, but I'm not an app-junkie, mostly use my phone ot communicate, therefore it was a good decisision to come back on BB.
    GRojasHruska and Johberry like this.
    04-16-14 03:47 AM
    Having a million apps is nice but in reality how many do people really use regularly. I have an iPhone and many Android phones and although I had a ton of apps I only really used a few.

Posted via CB10
    bborgimicks likes this.
    04-16-14 07:54 AM
    Congratulations!
    Welcome I went 9700 to iphone 4 and back! Don't miss it!
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    04-16-14 08:24 AM
    I have a z10 but trying to trade it for a q10, and get an ipod 5 for my apps

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-16-14 08:30 AM
    I traded my iphone for a z10 cuz I could not decide between z or q for when my contract came to hardware update I could get one free. I went with a new q tho! Love the q
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    04-16-14 08:38 AM
    Welcome back, I moved from iphone 5 to Z10 and finally onto the Q10 when it was released. Never going back to full touchscreen. My colleagues are amazed at how fast I can blast out an email and how detailed it is without having to re-read and edit. the forums are awesome if you have any questions everyone on here is very helpful. Good luck!

Posted via Q10
    04-16-14 09:05 AM
    I love the Q! I recently bought a Nexus 7 complementary tablet and I'm getting used to the various gestures and the KitKat OS. I realized how super fast and efficiently I can navigate my Q10 as well as how super smooth the response is. I have also kept my Playbook and as a habit, use the swipe gestures on my Nexus 7. The Playbook was super efficient in that aspect and I hope in the future there will be a Playbook 2 with the BB10 OS on it. I really only use my Nexus 7 for Netflix and to access my Google calendar and other Google-specific apps that I have come to realize I use for almost all of my work life. The Playbook unfortunately did not do a great job with most Google apps. I have also taken advantage of a few games that were not available on the Playbook (Dead Trigger mainly.)

As another poster above mentioned, people still have the "BB is old, archaic" mentality and I still get ragged on for using BB. A few, after showing them what my phone can do were shocked that my Q10 was so fast and were surprised that it was a BB. Others simply said "well, doesn't matter, BB is dead anyway." People are entitled to their opinions. All I know is that the Q10 is super efficient and smooth and has most of the apps I use already. I am excited to see where Chen and company will take BB.
    hlg8888 and anon(5597702) like this.
    04-16-14 09:55 AM
    You know, I haven't used a non-blackberry in about 4 years. Even then I still had a BlackBerry on the side as my main device. The Q10 has really shown me why I stuck around. Now with 10.2.1, I'm in awe of what I've been doing with it. Some say they don't need all the apps. I didn't need them either. But I like having them. Now I have so many. Most of my homescreens are full of folders now. All it takes is one sideload using Google Chrome(the easiest method I know of even though I use Barinstall) to install Snap and boom goes the dynamite! Apps upon apps upon apps. I now have a reason to have Netflix! This phone is a beast! Why I didn't jump on it back in September (I'm on Sprint) I'll never understand! I really don't need a big screen. To me being a former NYC subway commuter, a large screen invites nosey over-the-shoulder onlookers. Welcome to the qwerty-side!

Post by 9of13's Q
    04-16-14 10:13 AM
    So after being embedded in an iPhone 4 then an iPhone 5 for at least 3 years I just switched to a Q10

I used to have a 9930 before the iPhones

So my biggest question is why aren't more people using bb10?
    The OS is fluid and stable and awesome

The main issue is the muscle memory of iOS. It really takes a few days to retrain your brain to use the hub.

The predictive text is absolutely amazing.

Everyone I show it to wants to get back on there blackberry.

That should be John Chen's marketing---come back to Blackberry

I do miss the vertical screen real estate but the benefits far outweigh the downsides.

Show your q10 to all your iPhone friends. They will be jealous. Especially the ones that know how great they remember their Blackberry's

I did my part - get everyone back on a device that communicates

Interesting move. If I had to goto BB, I would be very interested in the Q10 myself. As an old Palm guy, I think physical keyboards are amazing. I know they are ancient, but I still prefer them. But I don�t think I can go to BBOS, after being a WebOS addict, I am now accustomed to having all the apps (especially speciality ones) available. Has that been an issue OP?
    04-16-14 11:40 AM
    OP - that must have been a very difficult time for you to be embedded in an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5 for nearly 3 years, you must be really tiny or else terribly cramped up. ;-)
    ubizmo, bullnuke7532 and CMcRob like this.
    04-16-14 12:36 PM
    I use an iPhone 5S and Q10. I had to shoot some video at a Pro Am golf event this weekend and decided to only take my iPhone. Big mistake. The iPhone does video OK, but for day to day organization...it sucks.
    04-16-14 03:09 PM
    I have had a q10 for a month or so. I have had an android, and older blackberries and have used Iphones etc.

Anyone who enjoys qwerty obviously will be biased however from an OS perspective.. and from an efficiency and communications device perspective... it's the best smartphone device available...period (Or lots like in my case lol)

Obviously everyone has their own opinion but that's just me. (and I realize there are some people who had bad phones or experiences or who have specific requirements or crankiness that would cause a difference)
    04-16-14 04:59 PM
    There was HORRIBLE advertising with the BB devices...and by the time BB10 had come around, it was almost too late....the loyal BB customers stayed around.....and thats whats driving the BB10 market now.....I had an iPhone for years.....but I wanted to try something else so I got on the Android bandwagon....then I wanted something different even then, tried a Windows Phone 8 device....despised it....no notification center was a deal breaker.....(they have it with Windows Phone 8.1 though). I traded my Windows Phone 8 for my Z10 and I gotta say, the curiosity to give Android, iOS or Windows Phone again is gone...at this point, the only time i'd get another device to replace my Z10 is if I got a Z30....or if Blackberry takes it further with a Z50 or something, i'd be interested in that....I really want a BB10 Torch.
    04-16-14 05:15 PM
    Great move! Have fun with it!
    04-16-14 05:36 PM
    Everyone I've shown my Q10 to have either laughed at me, said "I thought they were out of business," or made fun of it.

You must know some pretty cool people...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    04-16-14 07:29 PM
    Whenever I go back to my iPhone 4, which I do occasionally for those few apps I don’t have on my BlackBerry, I find it aggravating to use the iPhone’s keyboard. The autocorrect is so ridiculously inaccurate, clunky and outdated, it is unbelievable. Using more than one language is a nuisance too. BlackBerry 10 handles these flawlessly. I type in three different languages and the predictive text is almost always spot on. Baffling.

I used to think that these where the things iPhones were the best in. Turns out I couldn’t be more wrong. And nothing substantial has happened to the iPhone’s keyboard since the iPhone 3G. Which makes BlackBerry’s achievement with BlackBerry 10 that more convincing to me.
    04-16-14 08:32 PM
    I have a Q10 and cannot get snap to work. Do I have ro do anything except download the latest version? When I download the file it tells me "unable to open file".

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:12 PM
    So after being embedded in an iPhone 4 then an iPhone 5 for at least 3 years I just switched to a Q10

I used to have a 9930 before the iPhones

So my biggest question is why aren't more people using bb10?
    The OS is fluid and stable and awesome

The main issue is the muscle memory of iOS. It really takes a few days to retrain your brain to use the hub.

Everyone I show it to wants to get back on there blackberry.

That should be John Chen's marketing---come back to Blackberry

I do miss the vertical screen real estate but the benefits far outweigh the downsides.

Show your q10 to all your iPhone friends. They will be jealous. Especially the ones that know how great they remember their Blackberry's

I did my part - get everyone back on a device that communicates
    First, welcome back and great choice in the Q10. I'd use one personally but it's my work issue on BES so use a Z30 personally. Android and iPhone users have had million excuses not to switch and/or switch back. Whether it's "apps" or "BlackBerry is dead", excuses are rampant and regardless of how great the OS and UI are, people just go with excuses. It's just gonna take time, but BlackBerry will get back in the game. Maybe not on top, but they'll be a player.

Posted via my Z30 on VZW from Philly
    revtech and bborgimicks like this.
    04-16-14 10:18 PM
    I have a Q10 and cannot get snap to work. Do I have ro do anything except download the latest version? When I download the file it tells me "unable to open file".

Posted via CB10
    Open an android app on BlackBerry World or one u have sideloaded. That will run the Android runtime and then u will be able to download from Snap.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-16-14 11:05 PM
    No issues with apps. Have replaced everything with a bb equivalent or an android app
    04-17-14 12:35 AM
    This is exactly how I feel. I am so in love with my Q10. John Chen and his team need to put more effort into marketing.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-17-14 06:49 AM
    I have made the switch. I've been on apple since 2009. It was the only smartphone I had ever used. So glad I switched, bb10 is an awesome OS, the q10 is a great device for my needs. I don't miss the screen size of the iphone a bit.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:59 AM
    Whenever I go back to my iPhone 4, which I do occasionally for those few apps I don�t have on my BlackBerry, I find it aggravating to use the iPhone�s keyboard. The autocorrect is so ridiculously inaccurate, clunky and outdated, it is unbelievable. Using more than one language is a nuisance too. BlackBerry 10 handles these flawlessly. I type in three different languages and the predictive text is almost always spot on. Baffling.

I used to think that these where the things iPhones were the best in. Turns out I couldn�t be more wrong. And nothing substantial has happened to the iPhone�s keyboard since the iPhone 3G. Which makes BlackBerry�s achievement with BlackBerry 10 that more convincing to me.
    I find typing on the iPhone keyboard a very frustrating experience. Most people I know that don't complain about it tend to type in landscape mode. That never appealed to me.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 07:04 AM
    I must say, I feel a switch from an iPhone to a Q10, is a big step. I'm surprised you didn't try/buy a Z10. Albeit, I know the urge for some of us to use a physical keyboard is strong
    04-17-14 07:11 AM
    I am looking forward to getting mine today. I have a Z10 and enjoy it very much; however been wanting to lay my slimmy paws on a Q for some time. I'm glad many of you former iphone folks have given BlackBerry a look. The OS is nice and for communication the devices are second to none.
    04-17-14 07:19 AM
81 1234