I have a contact I would like to set a custom tone for incoming text messages....
    Under the "Ring Tone & Notifications Tab" I see:
    • Phone Ring TOne
    • Vibrate
    • LED
    • Email Messages Notification TOne
    • Vibrate
    • LED
    • BBM Notification Tone
    • Vibrate
    • LED

And even if I was to change it, (say I change the email tone), it doesn't allow me to choose that I want. It just does the extra 3 beeps at the end of the message.
    SERIOUSLY!? That's it?! I can't set a custom SMS tone, and those that I can change I can only add beeps at the end?! I must be doing something wrong.
    09-24-13 09:17 PM
    Dont have my Q10 on me right now, but i think you can set different ringtones for contacts by going into the contacts app, choose the contact, go to settings for that contact and in the end of the settings you can set a custom ringtone.

Regarding the custom sms and email tones, im unsure.
    09-24-13 09:23 PM
    I does not appear that you can change it for a SMS message. Sorry
    09-24-13 09:24 PM
    I can change the message tone for a contact on on my Z...I assume that's sms. Is it different on the Q?
    Attachment 205098
    Attachment 205099

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:30 PM
    I can change the message tone for a contact on on my Z...I assume that's sms. Is it different on the Q?

Posted via CB10
    Or is that email messages?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:33 PM
    that is email. They change it in later OS to make it more clear
    09-24-13 09:45 PM
    I can't be right...setting a custom tone for a contact sending a text/sms isn't possible?-img_00000022.png

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:47 PM
    that is email. They change it in later OS to make it more clear
    Thanks - disappointing, though. I would get more use from text.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:00 PM
    You unfortunately are correct. Custom text tones are not available on the Q10 at this time unless you use a 3rd party app. I had a Bold 9930 before my Q10 and had all my contacts customized for ringtone/text/email so this was a very surprising step backwards. However, I did end up purchasing the HUB++ app and although it took some getting used to, I am very pleased with it. It allows all sorts of customization. There is a lengthy thread here on Crackberry giving all the details.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:18 AM
    Please help. This is a big deal to me. I am an emergency official and just swapped my Curve for the Q-10. I had my Curve set to give me a custom alarm tone for my dispatch center when I received an automated SMS text. I had it sent to always sound, even in the holster I had for the curve. and even when I set the phone to silent for a meeting. How can I duplicate this on the Q-10? What app do I need to add if the capability did not come on the Q-10. Also, I noted the Q-10 goes into a sleep mode when placed on the charger. I cant allow this if it means I will not receive the emergency notification. I notice the Q-10 has some emergency notifications for Presidential alerts, severe weather and Amber alerts. I need one if our downtown area is on fire or similar emergency related to the fire department is happening. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    09-25-13 09:20 AM
    There is no way today (or in the existing 10.2 leaks) to set a custom tone by contact for SMS/text.
    I haven't seen an app for this and I have been looking for this also. Something else in BB7 that wasn't included.
    09-25-13 09:22 AM
    jdavison wrote about a 3rd party app a few posts up. HUB++ Seemed like it was the fix but I know nothing about it. I will have to return the Q-10 and switch to an I-phone if I cant get this resolved. Sad, as I have always used BB since its inception.
    09-25-13 09:35 AM
    If you are willing to purchase a app BeBuzz Pro allows you to customize contacts with different led and sounds for sms, email , phone, and others. Hub++ does this also
    09-25-13 09:36 AM