It was using one of those sim adaptors and it got stuck. Be careful, it is better to just insert the nano sim without the adaptor. Too late now. How do I fix it? Ive fixed phones in the past, if i can get a guide on how to take it apart and a place to buy the part im sure i could do it. Thanks in advance!
    07-27-13 02:08 PM
    I'm no expert, but I'm thinking that's gonna be a tough job.

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.483 using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-13 02:15 PM
    Be careful, it is better to just insert the nano sim without the adaptor.
    The Q10 takes a micro sim - not a nano sim. You wouldn't be able to get a nano sim into a Q10 without an adaptor would you?

I think your best bet is going to be to take it back to a shop and have them send it back to RIM for repair.

Sorry to hear that you broke it
    07-27-13 02:18 PM
    seems easy enough, if you have the right tools. you'll need a soldering iron or hot air tool for sure to take the broken sim holder off and put the new one on. if you've never done any soldering work before, I would suggest taking it to a shop (you can't train experience).

a quick search turned this up on youtube. I am sure you can find more if you looked hard enough. you'll only need to go as far as taking the back covers off to get access to the sim card holder.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=63EeO...?v=63EeOih9w-s
    07-27-13 04:53 PM
    Thank you for the responses. I managed to fix it with a peace a peace of wire. As for the nano sim, I know it takes a micro sim, but since I also use an iphone I used one of those stupid simtray adaptors. It is better to just insert the nano sim without any adaptor. Thanks again!
    07-27-13 08:38 PM
    I had the exact same problem and tried to send my 3 month old Z10 back through my provider (Bell Mobility) for repairs under warranty but they said that it was broken due to "physical damage" and that it wouldn't be covered under warranty and that I'd have to pay $380 to fix it.

I'm so very very annoyed right now that the phone I paid full price for won't be repaired under warranty. Anybody ever have any luck sending their device to blackberry directly for repair. Maybe BBerry would be more pleasant to deal with than my cellphone provider.

I'd love to continue supporting Blackberry and want to buy the Q10 as well but they really need to stand by their products and fix this. Any advice?
    08-31-13 03:35 PM
    glad that you got it working. i trimmed my sim card from my sg2 to fit into my q10. i then bought a german engineered precise sim adapter so i can switch back and forth. i still didnt feel to comfortable with it and then just t put the trimmed sim without an adapter back into the sg2 and it worked just fine without the fear of breaking a pin. i guess this method would only work if you have a phone that doesnt have one of those sim holder where you push in to lock and push again to release
    08-31-13 05:03 PM