i am growing impatient waiting for sprint to bring the Q10 to their stores, so i am seriously considering dropping bb and buying either an iPhone. i am not an android fan so that's out of the question. or the last option i have which is windows. so which phone would be better for security, email, web and simplicity?
    bigedschukar likes this.
    07-10-13 02:57 AM
    Is Sprint your only carrier option? I ditched Sprint for Verizon about 6 months ago and am very happy with that decision. The LTE speeds and coverage are miles beyond Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:36 AM
    yea i am staying with sprint i got 5 lines with them and i need unlimited data .i know they go issues but my options are limited right now
    J_R_TheMotorMan likes this.
    07-10-13 03:57 AM
    I don't think Sprint has a decent windows device at this time so the Iphone seems to be your only choice unless you change carriers.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:26 AM
    Could you buy an unlocked Q10 and use it with Sprint?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:42 AM
    Obviously no confirmation and it's only speculation, but apparently there is a BlackBerry 10 Device that Sprint will have exclusive rights to. Could be the A10 for a few months, could be an iteration of the Q5. From what I've heard from people that usually see these things coming, looks like it won't be Z10 or Q10 and is should roll out mid August.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10. Best damn phone on the planet. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...
    07-10-13 08:34 AM
    Obviously no confirmation and it's only speculation, but apparently there is a BlackBerry 10 Device that Sprint will have exclusive rights to. Could be the A10 for a few months, could be an iteration of the Q5. From what I've heard from people that usually see these things coming, looks like it won't be Z10 or Q10 and is should roll out mid August.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10. Best damn phone on the planet. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...
    Do you really think that Sprint will pass on the Q10 after having it's pre-order page up for so long? And isn't the A10 tentatively scheduled for the end of this year?
    07-10-13 01:14 PM
    yea i am staying with sprint i got 5 lines with them and i need unlimited data .i know they go issues but my options are limited right now
    I'm sure going with your bill to a different carrier and showing them what you pay will get some good prices.

Verizon has a new plan called share everything, unlimited talk/text and then you choose the data and it gets shared by everyone. If you have people on your contract that rarely use data, you can just use most of it yourself.

To be honest, Sprint service is questionable imo, pretty bad data services and they use Unlimited as a gimmick for data.
    07-10-13 01:46 PM
    I'm sure going with your bill to a different carrier and showing them what you pay will get some good prices.

Verizon has a new plan called share everything, unlimited talk/text and then you choose the data and it gets shared by everyone. If you have people on your contract that rarely use data, you can just use most of it yourself.

To be honest, Sprint service is questionable imo, pretty bad data services and they use Unlimited as a gimmick for data.
    And probably why they also need to offer UMA calling.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:05 PM
    And probably why they also need to offer UMA calling.

Posted via CB10
    All I know is Verizon hasn't disappointed me as of yet (this is my second year with them). Before my Q10 upgrade (a week ago) I was on a family plan with 1400 minutes / unlimited text and data for each line (2gb,2gb and 300mb) and we paid $10 more a month than we do now on the share everything plan (Unlimited talk/text/6gb(my parents use at most 2gb combined, but 6/3 is 2gb/person, which is a win win. And we pay $10 less/month than before.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-10-13 02:09 PM
    i am growing impatient waiting for sprint to bring the Q10 to their stores, so i am seriously considering dropping bb and buying either an iPhone. i am not an android fan so that's out of the question. or the last option i have which is windows. so which phone would be better for security, email, web and simplicity?
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I was JUST speaking to a buddy about this today. Sprint coverage is horrible where I live and we can't even get a date locked down with them. I mean seriously... If Sprint said 'ok, the date is October 1,' of course I'd be upset but at least we would know for sure what we're looking at! I am thinking about jumping ship on Sprint, but honestly if I do... I can't even say for sure that I would get BB10 now. With all of the hate-posts people have been posting about issues with the device(not management) and the route the company seems to be taking... I already lived this with my Palm Pre. Sucks...

I will say this though, when I went to the T-Mobile store a week or so ago to tinker with the Q10 the salespeople were very helpful and BB10 knowledgeable. Didn't even try to push those other guys on me. It was all straight up BlackBerry 10 talk.

Any how, good luck in whatever you choose!
    07-11-13 09:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I was JUST speaking to a buddy about this today. Sprint coverage is horrible where I live and we can't even get a date locked down with them. I mean seriously... If Sprint said 'ok, the date is October 1,' of course I'd be upset but at least we would know for sure what we're looking at! I am thinking about jumping ship on Sprint, but honestly if I do... I can't even say for sure that I would get BB10 now. With all of the hate-posts people have been posting about issues with the device(not management) and the route the company seems to be taking... I already lived this with my Palm Pre. Sucks...

I will say this though, when I went to the T-Mobile store a week or so ago to tinker with the Q10 the salespeople were very helpful and BB10 knowledgeable. Didn't even try to push those other guys on me. It was all straight up BlackBerry 10 talk.

Any how, good luck in whatever you choose!
    1. No you can't use a GSM device with a CDMA carrier... You're on Verizon you should know this...

2. Why, why, why, do all of you stay on carrier that you have network issues with and have qualms about the devices they release? Go somewhere else! If you have problems with the network currently do some research, become an informed consumer, and figure out if Sprint Network Vision will actually eliminate them. Then decide if you want to stay and wait or go. Otherwise quit complaining it won't do anything, people have been doing the same on the actual Sprint forums and it's gotten them nowhere. Maybe T-Mo would be good for some of you, but make sure you're actually covered, they have a smaller network footprint than Sprint and less roaming agreements, they also have no sub 1Ghz spectrum. T-Mo rural coverage is also pathetic if you're outside of large metro areas there's a large chance you'll have only EDGE data, if you have coverage at all.
    bigedschukar likes this.
    07-11-13 09:49 PM
    I had Sprint for several years, and while the price of my plan was super cheap, and I had unlimited data, but the network was garbage. It's not a bargain if the service sucks. Two weeks ago I ported to Verizon when my Sprint contract was fulfilled and I am LOVING Verizon's network! I'm convinced Sprint is NEVER bringing LTE (or even a usable 3G network) to northern NJ. I fell for the WiMax myth too, so shame on me. But as soon as my other two lines are fulfilled at Sprint in October they're coming over to Verizon as well. Unlimited data is no bargain if it's EDGE speed.
    07-11-13 10:28 PM
    Good for you, you realized it wasn't working and left, as for LTE it will becoming to every area that 3G is available in and actually more in about 80% of the network because they will deploy on the 800Mhz spectrum that will reach further than the normal 1900Mhz.

I had Sprint for several years, and while the price of my plan was super cheap, and I had unlimited data, but the network was garbage. It's not a bargain if the service sucks. Two weeks ago I ported to Verizon when my Sprint contract was fulfilled and I am LOVING Verizon's network! I'm convinced Sprint is NEVER bringing LTE (or even a usable 3G network) to northern NJ. I fell for the WiMax myth too, so shame on me. But as soon as my other two lines are fulfilled at Sprint in October they're coming over to Verizon as well. Unlimited data is no bargain if it's EDGE speed.
    07-11-13 10:34 PM
    TMo has unlimited data as well.

If sprint is lousy, leave.

Sprint is the only one I have not used. I have had Verizon and ATT before going to T-Mobile and I am very happy but I know I would not be in some areas with them.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:40 PM
    May I ask what type of area your in with T-Mo? Is it more Urban/Suburban type?

Sprint is the only one I have not used. I have had Verizon and ATT before going to T-Mobile and I am very happy but I know I would not be in some areas with them.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:42 PM
    Verizon on my company phone worked well in my area, so I'll more than likely be making the switch to them as well. That is of course, when I'm done complaining about Sprint.
    07-11-13 10:44 PM
    Im in the same boat. I have been eligible for an upgrade since the beginning of last month and im just waiting. the only thing keeping me from jumping ship is the $350 cancelation fee but im starting to consider selling my i5 for the cancelation fee.
    07-11-13 11:41 PM
    Sprint is changing their plans.

Sprint Docs Shows New Unlimited, My Way & My All-In plans Launching July 12 & Sprint merges with SoftBank ... https://t.co/GbNwbtFxvI

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    Attached Thumbnails I  am tired of Sprint-sprint-new-plans.jpg   I  am tired of Sprint-sprint-new-plans-lg.jpg  
    07-12-13 12:02 AM
    I have Sprint to and believe me, the Q10 is coming. Either at the end of this month or next month. Btw going back to Verizon would be a great move. At the same time the whole NSA situation is iffy but the service is GREAT!
    07-12-13 12:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've had all as well and Sprint is the worst. Loving Tmobile.

May I ask what type of area your in with T-Mo? Is it more Urban/Suburban type?
    I'm in a Suburban area and no issues with 4G or service yet.

Love my Q10
    07-12-13 12:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, Sprint is CDMA, so there is no 'unlocking'. Sprint and Verizon do not allow outside devices on their network.
    rambo47 likes this.
    07-12-13 12:51 AM
    Sprint is changing their plans.

Sprint Docs Shows New Unlimited, My Way & My All-In plans Launching July 12 & Sprint merges with SoftBank ... Real Housewives's post on Real Housewives | Latest updates on Sulia

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    Light Reading - Sprint Fires Back at T-Mobile With Unlimited Guarantee
    07-12-13 12:59 AM

On a personal note, it is easy to see why I have no plans to switch anytime soon.
    07-12-13 01:08 AM
    I have Sprint to and believe me, the Q10 is coming. Either at the end of this month or next month. Btw going back to Verizon would be a great move. At the same time the whole NSA situation is iffy but the service is GREAT!
    I heard mid to end of July and Verizon is good, thinking of hopping on my moms plan with them.
    07-12-13 09:23 AM
39 12