I opened a thread in text and pressed T to go to the beginning of the thread. The thread is about a year old, having been saved and restored from by Bold. It went to the top but didn't show anything. I assumed that it was still searching thru the old texts but lost patience waiting so I pressed B to go the the end. It did, but now anytime I open the thread, add to it, or try to send a text to this contact it switches to MMS! Any suggestions?
    08-25-13 06:34 AM
    It's a bug that's caused when we restore. The only solution is to delete the thread. In the future, if you want to save text messages when loading a leak, invest in a "save text messages" app. You'll find a couple in the app store.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 07:53 AM
    I restored all text when I went from bold to Q10 some 2 months ago and have not had the problem until today. Additionally, it's only with the contact that I went from top to bottom to. Lastly, I am not running a leak, I am running an official Verizon upgrade. Thank
    08-25-13 08:06 AM
    In that case, go into your text settings and check the setup between text and mms.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 09:04 AM
    Its only that 1 contact. And now, the recipient is telling me that he is getting double of each text
    08-25-13 09:18 AM
    Its only that 1 contact. And now, the recipient is telling me that he is getting double of each text
    Oh! I've read about that happening. The only fix I've seen is to delete the entire thread and start fresh. These little bugs on such a new o's can be frustrating, but we are a long way from where we started from 6 months ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 09:20 AM
    I have the same issue when I composed a text to someone that was down in my thread and their name is now listed twice and they are getting double texts. It also switched to MMS mode and won't let me delete the thread.

Posted via Q10
    08-25-13 11:20 AM
    Crazy. Trouble is that I have a year of correspondence with this person and it has real sentimental value. I don't want to lose it
    08-25-13 12:25 PM
    i opened a thread in text and pressed t to go to the beginning of the thread. The thread is about a year old, having been saved and restored from by bold. It went to the top but didn't show anything. I assumed that it was still searching thru the old texts but lost patience waiting so i pressed b to go the the end. It did, but now anytime i open the thread, add to it, or try to send a text to this contact it switches to mms! Any suggestions?
    wait, ive had this issue too!!!! Sometimes i press a key which is unknown still, and all of the txt disappears and it's in mms mode! Then, i have to delete the thread and start a new txt to enable typing!!!

Ahhh it's been bugging me, and i did not restore, so this is not an issue with restoring!!!

Ahhhhhhh!!!!
    08-26-13 10:02 AM
    having same issue since the VZW update within the last week but obviously the Q10 bug that causes the 'delete' and/or 'delete prior' not to work is happening so I can't fix this other problem

any ideas? tnx
    09-02-13 03:22 PM
    In the end I deleted all of my threads and started from scratch (I backed up all my texts to a notepad file 1st) and did not do a restore. Everything works great now. Don't even have the delay in sending texts that plagued by device previously
    09-02-13 06:58 PM