Just changed from SG note 2 to Q10. Experiencing lots of apps crashing! Anyone experiencing same?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 08:04 AM
    What apps are crashing? So far I had virtually no app crashing, only on Android ported stuff, especially Skype seems to be very unstable.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    06-09-13 08:15 AM
    Just my Ported Instagram oh and my Q has crashed about 3 times since the launch :S

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:37 AM
    My using 10.1.0.4285 and not a single app has crashed.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:45 AM
    Never had the problem of apps crashing.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:47 AM
    Android sideloads or ports tend to be worse about that than native apps.

In general, crashing apps are not a big issue with these devices.

Names of the apps, please.
    06-10-13 03:37 AM
    @omnitech, the following apps crashes frequently;
    1. Twitter
    2. Brower
    3. BlackBerry app world
    4. This app- Crackberry(CB)

There must be something wrong somewhere.
    The good news is that the keypad is fantastic and the speed of the processor is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:46 AM
    1. Twitter
    2. Brower
    3. BlackBerry app world

The good news is that the keypad is fantastic and the speed of the processor is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    I have all of the above and more on our Q10, and have had since day 1 release in Can. i can say with 100% honesty that our Q10 has never crashed once. not to say it cant happen, just an FYI. there was a bit of a learning curve without the trackpad (which i miss) but i do love the keypad soooooooo much.
    06-11-13 10:56 AM
    1. Twitter
    2. Brower
    3. BlackBerry app world

As cracked1up wrote, I have rarely seen anyone complain of those apps crashing.

Please explain in detail what you mean by "crashing". You could have badly designed websites or websites infested with malware that are causing the browser to crash which might make other apps that depend on it act strangely.

Do those things crash when you do not have the browser open and haven't used it in a while?

One thing I like to keep disabled in the browser is Adobe Flash, because some sites give it fits. (nothing new for Flash) I only enable it when some particular website I really need to use is crippled without it.
    06-11-13 07:04 PM
    Just changed from SG note 2 to Q10. Experiencing lots of apps crashing! Anyone experiencing same?

Posted via CB10
    That's odd! Absolutely none of my apps have crashed or affected my device otherwise!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:20 PM
    Another joke thread!! At this point ill also say all my apps that I have installed are crashing..

Since Canadian launch I never had to do a battery pull or had an app crash on me (except if it was a crap android port)

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:52 PM
    1. Twitter
    2. Brower
    3. BlackBerry app world

Posted via CB10
    There really is something wrong there. All. the apps you stated are native (not really sure about Twitter though?) and shouldn't crash, especially not often!

I also have to say I'm using all of the mentioned apps, including the Crackberry10 app, multiple times per day. I own my Q10 since a bit over four weeks now, none of them has crashed once!
    The only time I experienced some kind of crash was two days ago, when the music player suddenly stopped and refused to play or even list any MP3 files. Had to reboot the device to make it working again. However this was the only time in more than four weeks something "special" happened.

Maybe you should try to reinstall or upgrade your software. It could also be a hardware related problem (fauly internal memory for example), so you might think about returning it to the store.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    06-12-13 04:12 AM
    I must say there seems to have been a big influx of new users (see post number) here the past couple of weeks that come in, post some thread bashing the product, and then either disappear or go someplace else here and do it again.

I start out on threads like this giving the poster the benefit of the doubt, but after a while I start to wonder.
    Bure03 likes this.
    06-12-13 04:30 AM
    My Q10 crashed when I was reading a TEXT message from my boss. Not apps like Whatsapp or Facebook. SMS TEXT. The screen turned black but the keypad was still alight.

So I had to reboot it by taking out the battery, just like I usually do with my previous BOLD 2.
    08-04-13 01:06 AM
    The only app that crashed on my phone is the ported version of Fidme. I uninstalled it and will wait for the native version.

Other than that, I've had zero crashes. For most apps that I used to have on Android, I've found good replacements that are native to BlackBerry. Even though this involves a little bit of relearning, it has been worth the trouble because of the stability and nice integration with Cascades.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 02:43 AM
    As someone who has been called a liar and troll in these forums, writing back that "I have never had this problem" or "those questions have been answered already" fails to acknowledge that some devices and/or software are uniquely defective.
    08-04-13 10:23 AM
    I have had a Q10 for 2 weeks now and am experiencing the same thing. Apps seem to crash at random, including the following:
    • Browser (the worst offender)
    • Blackberry world
    • Linkedin
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • BBM

When I say "crash", I mean one of the following:
    • App starts up and operates fine but suddenly and randomly closes
    • App starts and immediately closes before you can do anything with it
    • App refuses to start
    • App closes on its own, taking the device down with it.

In all, it is downright annoying. I have wiped and re-loaded the device twice now (including the one available OS patch) but the problem persists. I have been hoping someone has experience, explanation or solution to share before I walk into the BB importer here and demand a replacement device.

I'll quickly add that is my latest BB device, having been using them happily and without issue for the last 9 years almost. I love the 10 when it does work, so am very interested in getting it going properly.
    Last edited by MacSid; 08-19-13 at 06:27 AM.
    08-19-13 06:14 AM
    I've had the same problem with my z10. Especially the browser which has randomly shut down on multiple occasions. It usually happens when I have 6 or more active frames open. Has anyone found a solution?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 07:25 PM
    I have been using a Q10 since a month now and I confim that I have also experienced these crashes on my device mainly with the browser and also at time with other apps like CB. The browser seems to crash while multitasking when I swipe into the hub from the frame screen or when im typin a message for example in whatsapp while the browser was open in background. CB crashed when I once opened a video inside the app. The browser has also randomly crashed a few other times. Im on OS 10.2.2 and I have also used a Z10 before on which I have never seen such a crash. It definitely seems to have something to do with Q10.
    01-03-15 05:57 PM