I got offered a great deal on an upgrade to the iPhone 5s today, and I was very very tempted but decided to stick with my trust bb. But that's not going to say I won't in the future.

The q10 is amazing. The battery life is second to none. The keyboard is great. The navigation was yet again very good today. The browser is speedy, and it's great at calling people. I know the iPhone doesn't do a lot of these things well, but today whilst with my friends the screen real estate on their iphones just made me want one. Also, things when we were out for drinks and food - they had a vast amount of apps to collect vouchers for discounts. They could check mobile banking (my bank has no app) securely and very quickly.

This isn't a moan because this BlackBerry gets me through the day and is my actual main computing device (I really did stop using my iPad/laptop for this), BUT it just isn't good enough in today's time. I think the perfect device for me, and for millions of others out there which still remember when BlackBerry was on top, would be a qwerty device WITH five inch screen, and just the Google Play store pre built into the phone. (Camera also let me down today in comparison to the latest iPhone).

I do believe people still want BlackBerry devices, I just think a new all singing all dancing qwerty device with large screen and a few adjustments to this OS which we all actually love so much will save bb.

This is a bit of a rant, but it also highlights the things that the q10 does so very very well. Effectively we need a BlackBerry with what Apple does so well in its range of phones. No matter what anyone says the multimedia functions on a device is now as important as the work-horse features BlackBerry does so well. (and please, nobody suggest for me to get a iphone with a typo device!!!)

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    03-24-14 03:11 PM
    First

Don't do it
    03-24-14 03:21 PM
    To each their own. We all know that. I got my bank app straight from Google Play and it works flawlessly. That and Subway surfers is about all I've ever used Google Play store apps for. My camera just outdid a Samsung today. Guy was impressed. I beat my GFs iPhone 5 camera all the time. She can easily beat me in dark rooms though, but we both will turn on the flash regardless. I'm pretty happy with both a Q10 and a Z10 but I know not everyone will be. Get what you like. What suits your wants and needs. Vive le difference. Be glad there are so many choices out there. Personally I would give WP a try or get some kind of Android flavour. Plain is usually best though. l've used iPhones enough to have the opinion that I dislike them immensely.
    03-24-14 03:23 PM
    First

Don't do it
    It's his/her choice.
    03-24-14 03:28 PM
    So why not the Typo? Crackberry Kevin seemed to like it as the best of both worlds so why wouldn't you consider it?
    03-24-14 03:40 PM
    If screen real estate is important to you, then why the heck would the iPhone be a choice?
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-24-14 03:42 PM
    I had a Z30 and went back to my iphone because I found the phone too big. I love the OS on BB10 so I'm think of getting a used Q10.

I've used Apple, Android and BB devices each has their pros and cons. Hard to pick really.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-24-14 03:46 PM
    If it's screen estate you're after check the Z10 or Z30.

Posted with my dirty thirty!
    03-24-14 04:46 PM
    You should get a z30 for screen size and battery.if it's too big for you then get a Z10 and a battery bundle. As for the apps we can only do sideloading. But I think many andoid apps work better on z10 or 730 than q10.

via Q10
    03-24-14 11:59 PM
    I have an iPod touch for some of those things you mentioned. It goes well with my Q10. I don't use apps like everyone else does, but I can turn on the Mobile Hotspot on my Q10 and go app crazy if I want to.

I know I just gave you a $300+ solution, but it's one the I've been using for a while, so BlackBerry's "app gap" hasn't affected me.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:46 AM

The q10 is amazing. The battery life is second to none. The keyboard is great. The navigation was yet again very good today. The browser is speedy, and it's great at calling people. I know the iPhone doesn't do a lot of these things well
    And how do you know that? I own also an iphone 5 beside de z10 and web browser is superior on iphone, way snappy. In general the ios feels snapier, apps loads faster, etc. Also the OS is battery optimized and the phone operates cooler in general usage. Typing on ios is good, z10 is better with swiping suggestions. Also I get better battery life on iphone 5 in comparison with z10 (eg: when using the internet via wifi), even if the iphone has a lower capacity battery. Don't know if the software or hardware (or both) is to 'blame' for this.

Anyway, iphone has also disadvantages (i'm talking about the stock ios, not jail broken ios; that's a different story):
    - not that flexible
    - music via itunes
    - bluetooth cannot be used for file sharing
    - apps don't have access to all files, they have local sandbox. You can share files between apps with 'open in', it copies the file from one app to another
    - no BlackBerry hub. You have unified inbox and notification center.. but if you get used with BlackBerry hub it will be hard for you
    - double click for apps switcher is awkward.

It's your decision.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 04:30 AM
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont go to the rotten fruit basket
    03-25-14 07:10 AM
    a z10 is way better than an ip5 if you want a bigger screen get the z30 apps aren't a hassle anymore, you can get whatever you want on there UI and OS on bb10 is more advanced than ios and you can save your fingers from all the constant home button pushing and double tapping just to multitask
    03-25-14 08:51 AM
    Ok, so you like the keyboard, but want more screen. We keep seeing this over and over and over. I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR BlackBerry!!

You ready....

MAKE A QWERTY SLIDER!! Keep it the same size as the q10 is now, because frankly it's the perfect size for a phone, at least in my opinion. It would be about a 4in screen and then BAM slides open for a keyboard! They could even have a "classic" model with the call buttons and a trackpad on the bottom of the slide portion.

Posted via CB10
    edberry12 likes this.
    03-25-14 09:06 AM
    I have a q10 and an iPhone 5c. The 5c is used for all calls, the q10 is used for emails for work. Even though it is used a lot more, the iPhone has at least 10% more at the end of every day.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 10:19 AM
    First

Don't do it
    Omg, the first kids are invading the forums too??? Smh

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-25-14 10:38 AM
    Pictures taken with the Q10 (indoors mainly) do tend to look too "cold." But that's actually very easily fixed in photoshop. :-P

I hope they update the camera software to process the pictures a little bit warmer, that is 100% fixable via software only.

But the one area the camera falls short on that cannot be fixed via software is the low-light capability. Once lighting conditions are not good, the pictures really start to look quite bad...

03-25-14 10:42 AM
    So why not the Typo? Crackberry Kevin seemed to like it as the best of both worlds so why wouldn't you consider it?
    Breaking down crap keyboards is liking it?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 10:50 AM
    Pictures taken with the Q10 (indoors mainly) do tend to look too "cold." But that's actually very easily fixed in photoshop. :-P

I hope they update the camera software to process the pictures a little bit warmer, that is 100% fixable via software only.

But the one area the camera falls short on that cannot be fixed via software is the low-light capability. Once lighting conditions are not good, the pictures really start to look quite bad...

10.3 looks to fix the camera on software side.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 10:51 AM
    Let me see if I understand you correctly. You bought a Q10 knowing it had a square screen and a fixed keyboard and only after then did you complain about the small screen. Strange train of thought!

Posted via ZedTen
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-25-14 11:04 AM
    I had the same dilemma. My hands have bad arthritis, so a Q10 is easier for me. There are times when I would like a bigger screen for browsing so I also picked up a Z30. Best move ever. No I just have a hard time putting it down.

I'm not big into downloading apps, but anything I've needed you can get through snap. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 11:21 AM
    I had the same dilemma. My hands have bad arthritis, so a Q10 is easier for me. There are times when I would like a bigger screen for browsing so I also picked up a Z30. Best move ever. No I just have a hard time putting it down.

I'm not big into downloading apps, but anything I've needed you can get through snap. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Q10 or Z30 for arthritis ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 11:25 AM
    And how do you know that? I own also an iphone 5 beside de z10 and web browser is superior on iphone, way snappy. In general the ios feels snapier, apps loads faster, etc. Also the OS is battery optimized and the phone operates cooler in general usage. Typing on ios is good, z10 is better with swiping suggestions. Also I get better battery life on iphone 5 in comparison with z10 (eg: when using the internet via wifi), even if the iphone has a lower capacity battery. Don't know if the software or hardware (or both) is to 'blame' for this.

Anyway, iphone has also disadvantages (i'm talking about the stock ios, not jail broken ios; that's a different story):
    - not that flexible
    - music via itunes
    - bluetooth cannot be used for file sharing
    - apps don't have access to all files, they have local sandbox. You can share files between apps with 'open in', it copies the file from one app to another
    - no BlackBerry hub. You have unified inbox and notification center.. but if you get used with BlackBerry hub it will be hard for you
    - double click for apps switcher is awkward.

It's your decision.

Posted via CB10
    iPhone has non removable battery, non universal charger, no hdmi, no NFC, no expandable memory, no miracast and a delicate screen that still cracks easily. And I am a previous IOS user.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-25-14 02:40 PM
    Q10 or Z30 for arthritis ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    It's easier typing on the Q10 as it is smaller. Hands hurt using the Z30, but it's a trade off with the bigger screen. I like the Z30 for at home with the bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:08 PM
    It's easier typing on the Q10 as it is smaller. Hands hurt using the Z30, but it's a trade off with the bigger screen. I like the Z30 for at home with the bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    Ok that makes sense. I hope the Q5 is a good phone for my mom.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 04:37 PM
38 12