It helped me a lot! Thanks!

On one white Q10 I had a sensitive O key. The issue were solved like op!
    On one black Q10 got some double typing letters and I've tried this sollution but a little bit different:
    I took the whole white foil from the keyoard apart and then stick it carefully again together- now NO DOUBLE TYPING ISSUE anymore

Posted via Q10Bold
    jope28 and ilmizi like this.
    01-03-15 01:45 PM
    I'm happy it helped you)) hope you won't have this issue anymore.
    After repairing the keyboard as shown in this thread I don't have any problems with mine)

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-04-15 08:56 AM
    Yip, thanks for it! Seems to be a viable solution!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:45 AM
    ...I took the whole white foil from the keyboard apart and then stick it carefully again together- now NO DOUBLE TYPING ISSUE anymore

Posted via Q10Bold
    I can attest to this method working as well. I took apart my keyboard, completely removed the white sticky layer and simply placed it back to the back layer. No rearranging of the little metal pieces. My double typing issue is gone. Thanks OP

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:41 AM
    I've received PIN message from of our users. Here is what he says:

"‎I wanted to thank you for your encouraging topic on how to repair the Q10 keyboard. I've had my Q10 for eight months and have not yet experienced the double typing problem to any serious degree (I think I've seen it a few times), but in any case I won't worry about it because I know there's a fix. I love my Q10, and though I know my carrier would replace it if it we're to develop a problem, I would probably perform this repair myself because it seems like a problem that could happen even on a replacement device. I've repaired my laptops quite a few times by myself (hinges, cooling fans, hard drives), so I could probably take on this repair with your guide and that youtube teardown/assembly video.*

Anyway, thanks again. I liked the usefulness and the general positive/encouraging nature of your topic and posts. I would have written to you on cb, but I've been banned there too many times (not currently a member), and that's why I decided to send you this direct message.*

T�nis (or "Tony")"

Wanna say THANK YOU to Tony for this message)

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and bbnrs like this.
    01-04-15 12:26 PM
    I hope removing and replacing the entire membrane without repositioning the discs provides a permanent fix. I doubt that it would have worked on mine, because when I peeled back the white layer, the discs were visibly out of line. Almost every disc was out of place, and the lines of discs were not even close to straight.

Since my last post I re-opened mine and repositioned every disc properly. I peeled up the entire left side and then rolled it back down row by row, repositioning the discs as I went, and then did the same on the right side. The end result? A super-clicky keyboard. It feels so much better than it did previously (kind of mushy).

The other thing I can report is that not all keyboards are the same. I bought a replacement on eBay, and the white layer would not peel back easily like the original. Peeling it up was possible, but it was not easy, and it got damaged it in the process. So I ended up re-using my original keyboard, which works perfectly well after the fix.
    ilmizi and flyingsolid like this.
    01-05-15 08:55 AM
    I'd agree with that. Fixing the problem buttons was good for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 09:28 AM
    Hi all. Got a Q10 almost for free due to a sensitive E and double L and Os. I have never opened any phone, but following a Youtube video and the description here I managed to fix it in about an hour. Works like a charm now!
    anon(8063781) and ilmizi like this.
    01-05-15 10:23 AM
    Hi all. Got a Q10 almost for free due to a sensitive E and double L and Os. I have never opened any phone, but following a Youtube video and the description here I managed to fix it in about an hour. Works like a charm now!
    We guess that you Thanks a lot the OP for the fix?

Posted via CB10
    ilmizi likes this.
    01-05-15 10:26 AM
    I promised to post the results of my effort to create a Q10-Bold 9900 hybrid keyboard here. Update: it was a complete success.

I bought the keyboard sticker membrane from eBay. You can get 10 for $5, shipped.

Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-fullsizerender-2-.jpg

I then peeled the little contact discs off one of the membranes. Here's a plateful of them!

Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-fullsizerender.jpg

Here's a pic comparing a disc from the 9900 with one from the Q10. The disc from the 9900 is on the left. It's infinitesimally larger, and definitely stiffer. It has a more pronounced click when you depress it with your finger, and more 'travel' as well.

Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-fullsizerender-3-.jpg

To install the discs, I peeled up one side of the white keyboard membrane at a time. I removed the original discs one row at a time, discarded the originals, and installed the 9900 discs. This pic should give you an idea:

Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-fullsizerender-1-.jpg

The end result is a Q10 with VERY clicky keys. For comparison purposes, I would say that they feel most like the keys on the Q5. It's a major improvement over the original. I would recommend it to anyone with the ability and patience. Here's a pic of my reassembled Q9900 Franken-Berry (complete with new screen and silver bezel)

Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-fullsizerender-4-.jpg

Edit: if you do this, leave the space bar disc original. It's so much better that way.

Edit 2: If you put three layers of electrical tape across the back wall of the battery compartment, right behind the top row of keys on the keyboard, your keyboard (regardless of whether you modify it) will suddenly feel completely solid. Here's a pic. The tape layers could have been single solid pieces, right below the red line, but I was experimenting , so I ended up with two 'piles' of tape...

Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-img_6318-copy.jpg

The tape removes any space between the keyboard and battery and eliminates the bounce of the T-P keys. The Q-R keys are already well supported, with the motherboard behind them, and screws holding that side tightly in place.

I'd start with one layer of tape, then add additional layers as necessary. The clearances in your device may differ slightly from mine.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 01-12-15 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Added info and pics
    Joshu42, ilmizi, bbnrs and 3 others like this.
    01-07-15 07:49 PM
    I promised to post the results of my effort to create a Q10-Bold 9900 hybrid keyboard here. Update: it was a complete success...
    I just ordered a new Q10 keyboard off ebay. Unfortunately in the process of re-aligning my metal discs, my keyboard light doesn't illuminate evenly anymore. I'm definitely gonna attempt this tho but i'll wait to see if the new keyboard starts double typing first. I guess blackberry thought smaller discs wouldn't make a difference in the quality of the keyboard. Now that I think about it, until my Q10 I've NEVER had a keyboard issue with any of my previous berrys.

Posted via CB10
    ilmizi likes this.
    01-07-15 08:25 PM
    Best of luck with the new keyboard. It took me about 45 minutes to replace the discs, because they seem to have a static charge and want to stick to whatever you attempt to move them into place with. It's totally annoying.
    ilmizi likes this.
    01-07-15 08:42 PM
    Best of luck with the new keyboard. It took me about 45 minutes to replace the discs, because they seem to have a static charge and want to stick to whatever you attempt to move them into place with. It's totally annoying.
    Yea I noticed that when I opened up my current keyboard it's quite annoying but worth it in the long-run.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 11:28 PM
    Sure it worth doing it. In the end you get what you had to get from BlackBerry - a 100% working keyboard.
    The reason you buy qwerty phone is physical keyboard. The reason you fix it is WORKING physical keyboard. Once and forever

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    01-08-15 05:33 PM
    Awesome

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
    01-08-15 05:41 PM
    Sure it worth doing it. In the end you get what you had to get from BlackBerry - a 100% working keyboard.
    The reason you buy qwerty phone is physical keyboard. The reason you fix it is WORKING physical keyboard. Once and forever

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully this method will be the LAST fix

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 05:48 PM
    Nice one congrats!

� Blackberry Q10 � Running Hybrid OS Leak: 10.3.1.1949 � Radio: 1154 � Smooth Sailing/�Chilling
    01-09-15 01:49 PM
    Hopefully this method will be the LAST fix

Posted via CB10
    Aww... c'mon ... fixing the thing is the fun part! Besides, you could use your 9930 in the meantime, and to be blunt, the 9930 is a better phone.
    01-10-15 01:49 PM
    Aww... c'mon ... fixing the thing is the fun part! Besides, you could use your 9930 in the meantime, and to be blunt, the 9930 is a better phone.
    My 9930 was sold the day verizon released the Q10. And yeah while it's kinda fun to dissect the Q10, eventually you just want a phone that works. BTW the 9930 is NOT a better phone but to each his/her own.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 02:13 PM
    Okay... since this is turning into the "hardware fix" for hypersensitivity and double-typing thread, I thought I'd pass on this thread: Does Your BlackBerry Bold 9780 ?Stutter? or ?Double Type?? - BerryReview

Read the comments. It's a disheartening read, to be sure. BlackBerry has had this problem before. But then read the very last comment.

The last poster in the thread I've cited says that removing the membrane and cleaning the contact board with alcohol fixes the double-typing issue. It makes sense that a dirty contact board would produce poor/interrupted contacts.

I posted this because while I am certain that centering the discs fixes the "hypersensitivity" issue (keys that type when barely touched, or when the neighbouring keys are touched), I don't know if it fixes the double-typing issue.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 01-11-15 at 01:37 PM.
    01-11-15 12:03 PM
    BTW the 9930 is NOT a better phone but to each his/her own.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Sorry about that

Sometimes I forget Wheaton's Law.
    01-11-15 12:10 PM
    Since 9900 owners were happy with their keyboards, why would Blackberry decide to make the disks smaller and less responsive on the Q10? This seems like taking cost cutting to an extreme and going with the vendor with the rock bottom price bid. Was it worth it to take such a hit to their reputation?
    01-13-15 11:09 AM
    "I bought the keyboard sticker membrane from eBay. You can get 10 for $5, shipped." I found one previously but it was more than price quoted. Now there are keyboards but unable to locate "kb sticker membranes," for any BBs.
    01-13-15 12:25 PM
    I want to fix my space key, the right and left end wobble around the center like a seesaw

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:02 PM
    I want to fix my space key, the right and left end wobble around the center like a seesaw

Posted via CB10
    I don't think there's a fix for the wobble you'll probably have to change the keyboard entirely.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:29 PM
132 12345 ...