I can't wait 4 the new devices, but I'm so use 2 the BB Bold dervices with classic small icons. The new BB10 icons look huge and silly. Anyways, I hope the OS has an option 2 minimize, shrink, or change icons 2 classic view.
    01-15-13 07:43 AM
    If you look closely, you can see the softwqre version appears to he in a rather early state. Just look at the page indicator dots which blend over the icons. Looks too improved IMO to be the finalized UI. I am pretty sure RIM will improve the icon display for the QWERTY devices, unless they want them to fail hard.
    01-15-13 07:56 AM
    My guess is that the pictures we've seen are running the exact same software as the full touch dev devices, so there isn't any scaling.

I'd be in favour of a little shrinking of the icons (I'm looking for say 5x4 on the screen when finished) but they can't be TOO tiny, just because we don't have a trackpad anymore, so they need to be big enough to be pressed by large manly fingers.
    01-15-13 04:03 PM
    its not final software by any means obviously so i wouldnt judge to harshly on it BUT it does look bad. It also shows you that the QWERTY is still behind the z10 by a little bit and dont expect it to be released soon after the z10
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-15-13 05:40 PM
    One thing I like about the 9900 (and others, I suppose) is the small icons. They're like little diamonds in a lump of coal. (Not saying the phone is a lump of coal). The "compactness" of it all makes it feel like a really nice, tight, tidy package.

Small icons are hard er to use without a trackpad, so I expect them to be a little on the larger side.
    01-15-13 07:36 PM
    I'd be in favour of a little shrinking of the icons (I'm looking for say 5x4 on the screen when finished) but they can't be TOO tiny, just because we don't have a trackpad anymore, so they need to be big enough to be pressed by large manly fingers.
    I think 5x4 would be too much of a shrink for them, more likely we will see 4x3 or 4x4.
    01-16-13 01:37 PM
    I agree with a lot of people here. Here is for hoping that it will be 4x3, not too small and not too big
    01-16-13 03:25 PM
    I agree with a lot of people here. Here is for hoping that it will be 4x3, not too small and not too big
    Ideally we'll get the choice of how much to scale them. That would be the best move. Set the default to say 4x3, then if we want to shrink them more the choice is there.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-21-13 06:40 AM
    I've seen an N with the grid at I think 4x3. Didn't see if that was adjustable.
    01-22-13 04:35 PM