Hey guys....

Last night I received an email and I did the hold onto it, and pressed the trashcan. Next thing I know... my entire hub is empty. I check text messages... nothing. I check emails... nothing. even on my actual account on the computer, unless those emails were filed, they have been wiped. Im pretty pissed cause there were some very important emails on there that I desperatly need back!

I also lost contacts, photos.... not good! Has this happened to anybody else? Is there a setting Im not aware of that deletes all Hub messages after a certain time? Though I doubt this as why would it delete contacts etc...

Any advice?

Kristy

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 05:38 PM
    are you sure you didnt longpress on the "date" header and not the email?
    southlander likes this.
    07-27-13 05:40 PM
    are you sure you didnt longpress on the "date" header and not the email?
    Sounds like it.
    07-27-13 05:47 PM
    Nope. Cause this email was below seveal others that had come through... it was through the night... email arrived at 11:30pm and others arrived 2am or so. The email I was deleting was the earlier one. All texts, emails, BBM's, Facbook notifications.... from the past month are gone... and the two emails that came through after the one I attempted to delete... gone. The hub is empty. Everything above and below... gone.

Is there also a way to ensure that deleting emails off the phone does not mean deleting it off the actual account on the computer?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 05:55 PM
    As other posters have suggested, it likely you accessed the overflow menu with the delete option by pressing and holding the date divider. If you try it again, you'll notice that the overflow menu that appears while long pressing the date has several different options than you'll find when long pressing a particular message/phonecall/email/etc. Selecting the delete option in this first menu will delete everything before that day. You're likley out of luck on retreiving those messages unless you happened to have done a really thorough backup in the few hours before. If you wish to get your emails back, you can delete and re-sync your email accounts to get those back on your phone, assuming you didn't delete them from your email account on a computer.

Hope this helps to clarify what happened!
    07-27-13 05:59 PM
    Thanks.... been playing with the phone for an hour now and it MUST be what I did... though was sure I pressed an email BELOW one that was another one. Oh well tough lessons learned.

I did remove all emails off the phone and re-synced... they come up empty. Am now attempting to forward them back to me if possbile. As I have actioned them they have moved into folders per email (a setting I forgot I had set up ages ago... duh, Im an *****). could be why when I resync they dont come back to the phone... they arent in my primary inbox.

Photos have been restored (thank god) but not contacts. Going through now to see how to get them back.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 06:13 PM
    Happened to me as I was deleting an email and it froze next thing I know all was gone...I was freaking but I was able to manage to find my emails in the deleted box but all my sent emails were gone..all texts fb twitter notifications were deleted!!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 06:22 PM
    The above posters, though well intentioned, are likely incorrect. I've seen both a Z10 and a Q10 randomly wipe content from the Hub, to the point where much of the information wasn't retrievable at all. In both cases, the users had not accidentally deleted by date, etc. One was a university professor, and the other a company owner. Both lost important email, which, try as we might, was not recoverable. We were able to restore most contacts, but most of the emails were permanently lost. As a result of these situations happening, I've since cautioned BB10 customers to be exceptionally careful in doing regular backups. Sadly, I've also advised clients in need of rock-solid stability to go with other smartphone platforms until BB10 matures further.
    Last edited by Jay-dogg; 07-27-13 at 07:51 PM.
    rukdngme and Caymancroc like this.
    07-27-13 07:40 PM
    i still dont get how stuff is permanently lost. BB10 isnt storing the emails contacts most times. For most email services its stored on the server and if anything it would be deleted and put in the "trash" or "deleted" folders but not gone forever.
    07-27-13 08:03 PM
    i still dont get how stuff is permanently lost. BB10 isnt storing the emails contacts most times. For most email services its stored on the server and if anything it would be deleted and put in the "trash" or "deleted" folders but not gone forever.
    Well that's how I found all my deleted emails in the trash when I logged on through my computer and restored them all but all my sent emails were deleted for the last 30 days....

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 08:18 PM
    I understand, and that has been exactly my question/frustration. Theoretically, there was absolutely ZERO reason those emails should have been lost. In the case of the prof, her uni uses Google to provide email/calendar services. The other uses a local provider with their own domain. In each case, try though we might, we couldn't track down what had gone wrong or how the BlackBerry had managed to permanently delete email off the servers. I don't have an answer. I just saw it happen with my own eyes.
    07-27-13 08:18 PM
    Well that's how I found all my deleted emails in the trash when I logged on through my computer and restored them all but all my sent emails were deleted for the last 30 days....

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what happened with the private domain case. So weird, but definitely a pattern developing.
    07-27-13 08:21 PM
    Oh so it wasn't just me! I have checked the deleted folder in my email accounts and nothing is there. I hope this doesn't happen again... I have had the phone less than a month, will be VERY frustrating if I lost everything monthly.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 01:35 AM
    Oh so it wasn't just me! I have checked the deleted folder in my email accounts and nothing is there. I hope this doesn't happen again... I have had the phone less than a month, will be VERY frustrating if I lost everything monthly.

Posted via CB10
    If it's any comfort, I haven't seen any repeats to date! (It's been over a month with both customers.)
    07-28-13 07:08 AM
    Sounds very worrying... I'll be backing up on a more regular basis from now on until there is clarity on this issue. Loosing those mails (I'm syncing 3 accounts currently) is simply not an option.
    07-28-13 07:21 AM
    I don't like this vanishing emails. I hope BB10 matures fast. I'm wanting a Q10 but the OS issues are scary. I'm going to stick to my Bold 9900 for awhile.

Money Soldiers
    http://moneysoldiers.com
    07-28-13 07:39 AM
    Had that happen to me as well. BUT, the option I selected was "Pinch". Totally freaked me out until I unselected it, then all reappeared.
    07-28-13 08:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    What email are you using I use Gmail so when I logged on through my computer everything was in the deleted folder so I just moved them back to my inbox and now I forward my other email acct to my Gmail just in case!!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:59 AM