Recently, on 10.2.1 when I enter a new contact to my default contact email account via the Q10, it also appears as a contact on my SIM card. In addition to the SIM not being the default contact account, I don't have the SIM showing in the list of contacts. How do I stop the automatic addition of a new contact to the SIM card? Thank you.
    02-16-14 02:58 PM
    What email account are you using to sync your contacts? As far as the duplication, so you add a new contact and it automatically creates 2 entries, 1 for your email and 1 on the SIM and they're not linked so they're displayed twice in your contacts list even though you have SIM contacts set to not show in your list??

Sorry just trying to understand exactly what's going on...

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:28 PM
    When i create a new contact on the top there is a bar where it says "Save to: Local Contacts, SIM,..." just tap on that and you can decide where you want your contact to be stored.
    02-16-14 11:34 PM
    When i create a new contact on the top there is a bar where it says "Save to: Local Contacts, SIM,..." just tap on that and you can decide where you want your contact to be stored.
    I wish there was a way to change the default setting of having all your available accounts checked when a new contact is created...so many times I quick add someone only to realize later on that I forgot to specify that I only wanted them added to Gmail (for example) and not to Local or SIM. Not a huge deal but I hate having to manually unlink and delete later on.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:47 PM
    What email account are you using to sync your contacts? As far as the duplication, so you add a new contact and it automatically creates 2 entries, 1 for your email and 1 on the SIM and they're not linked so they're displayed twice in your contacts list even though you have SIM contacts set to not show in your list??

Sorry just trying to understand exactly what's going on...

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's correct. I think I'm just going to have to be careful each time I add a contact to not have the SIM card checked. There doesn't appear to be a way to default the selection(s).
    02-17-14 12:42 AM
    Yes that's correct. I think I'm just going to have to be careful each time I add a contact to not have the SIM card checked. There doesn't appear to be a way to default the selection(s).

And it seems this is new in 10.2.1.

Up until 10.2.0, I had selected SIM contacts not to show in the list, and whenever I added a contact it was only added to the local contact list. (I have cloud sync of contacts disabled anywhere that has such an option)

It seems that this must have been the older OS default behavior.

I do know that the bar at the top asking where you want to create a new contact does not exist on my device running 10.2.0.1809.

I also have a "joyn Contacts" contact category in Contacts Settings that I can enable/disable. (It's currently disabled.)

That last one may have been customized by Verizon at some point and 'grandfathered' on my device since on that one I typically do upgrade installs of OS leaks, not autoloaders.
    02-17-14 05:17 AM