It will come off the back with your finger nail, but don't go at it to hard. I got into the top layer of texture on mine, so be gentle.

Posted via CB10 using the awesome Q10
    06-11-13 07:04 AM
    Where did you get that back plate?

06-11-13 07:07 AM
    Where did you get that back plate?

It's the OEM "hard case", picked it up from a seller on eBay. It's actually more of a shell, with a hard plastic backing and softer rubberized sides. Gives a nice grip with almost no bulk while adding a decent amount of protection. The front is open to allow for unobstructed swiping.

I find the case also kind of ties together the look and feel of the phone into one cohesive unit. If you didn't know you were looking at a case, it's almost impossible to tell it even has one on. I highly recommend it.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:11 AM
    I just bought one the through the CB store thanks for info on it.

06-11-13 07:14 AM
    As said above, the branding on the back easily comes off by using a fingernail thru a microfiber cloth. It does take a little force, start with the verizon "checkmark" and go from there. It does take some time but looks really clean.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:43 AM
    I planned to use Goo Gone on the front...wasn't sure if I was going to be brave enough to use it on the back, but if the cloth/nail method is working, I'll just do that.
    06-11-13 10:52 AM
    The cloth/nail method is working wonderfully for the back.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the advice on the back...worked perfect!

Now has anyone tried to attempt to remove the logo on the bottom front?
    06-11-13 12:49 PM
    I just put on a skin from decalgirl and added a bumper - happy-happy-happy
    06-11-13 01:08 PM
    What kind of cloth are you talking about? I'm using some garbage cloth that came with my eyeglasses and scratching the logo with my nail above the cloth and nothing came off

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 01:28 PM
    What kind of cloth are you talking about? I'm using some garbage cloth that came with my eyeglasses and scratching the logo with my nail above the cloth and nothing came off
    An eyeglass cloth is too smooth. You need something with some texture. My second pic has the phone laying on the microfiber cloth I used.
    06-11-13 01:32 PM
    I just used a t-shirt to get mine off, instead of the microfiber.

dehrlich01 likes this.
    06-11-13 02:33 PM
    i used the back of a kitchen towel and it came off after 15 minutes. Did anyone work on the front yet?
    06-11-13 06:48 PM
    I can't get the front to budge.
    06-11-13 07:22 PM
    I can't get the front to budge.
    Maybe because your using the same technique for the front as the back? The microfiber technique wont work on the front its a different king of ink or whatever they used. For my 9930 i used nail polish remover and a q tip i dont remember how well it went though
    06-11-13 10:23 PM
    I tried fingernail polish remover again and it's still not phasing it. It's odd. I remember the same on my Bold 9650. On my 9930 it eventually came off perfectly. Still open to any ideas! I did go ahead and order a black decal in the meantime.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    06-12-13 04:45 AM
    I tried fingernail polish remover again and it's still not phasing it. It's odd. I remember the same on my Bold 9650. On my 9930 it eventually came off perfectly. Still open to any ideas! I did go ahead and order a black decal in the meantime.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    I have heard of success using acetone on the decals, though it might be pretty hard on the plastic underneath. If you don't want to traipse down to your hardware store to get a gallon of acetone, I'm pretty sure it is the major component in fingernail polish remover. Anyone tried this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    06-12-13 08:38 AM
    I have heard of success using acetone on the decals, though it might be pretty hard on the plastic underneath. If you don't want to traipse down to your hardware store to get a gallon of acetone, I'm pretty sure it is the major component in fingernail polish remover. Anyone tried this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah I tried fingernail polish remover on the Q10 and it didn't do anything. Must be imprinted on differently somehow.
    06-13-13 06:35 PM
    Yeah I tried fingernail polish remover on the Q10 and it didn't do anything. Must be imprinted on differently somehow.
    Frickin' Verizon. *Facepalm*
    06-13-13 07:14 PM
    Just got my q10 today, and not to my surprise verizon has decided to plaster its brand all over the phone.

Lets start with the front of the phone under the keyboard, has anyone tried removing it without damaging the phone? How?

And the back which looks harder because of the different material, but is that possible to remove either?

I just think the phone would look better CLEAN!
    I use a version 3 on rogers and even tho Rogers is huge here it has zero branding on the device other than the splash screen on bootup so I am happy about that!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:27 PM
    Well I got the back logo off. But the front one appears to be there for life. Lol! So I just ordered a baseball skin from DecalGirl. I'll just use the front top and bottom pieces and call it a day. I have 3 different hard cases that I switch around with anyway so the back doesn't get seen. Once I have my skin I'll post pics with the different cases.
    06-14-13 05:42 AM
    I would just get a new back cover or some type of skin for it. There's no way I'm purposely scratching or applying a chemical to my phone. It's just not worth it in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:57 AM
    There's nothing not worth it when scratching the back, it comes off after about 10 minutes and you can't tell that you ever did anything to the back.

10 minutes of continuously rubbing the back of the phone is worth a clean look to me

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:48 AM
    There's nothing not worth it when scratching the back, it comes off after about 10 minutes and you can't tell that you ever did anything to the back.

10 minutes of continuously rubbing the back of the phone is worth a clean look to me

Posted via CB10
    To each their own. I would just buy it unlocked

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:56 AM
    To each their own. I would just buy it unlocked
    Not an option for Verizon users. Have to get the Verizon model.
    06-14-13 09:20 AM
50 12