So, apparently the ppl who advised me on this wonderful phone failed to tell me that data isn't compressed. So, they messed up big time. I'm going to get them to give me extra data for free due to their error (I would not have upgraded phones had i known this and spoke to 6 different reps to confirm my costs would not change). I'm thinking they should give me unlimited data for this major mess up and me having to fix my bills constantly. But, what other rates would work? I'm not tech savvy so i don't know what a lot of data would be. The tracker is saying I'm using over 2million MB which i can't believe because I text and email and use the phone. I don't stream videos/movies nor do i do a lot with apps except check FB and other social media. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 01:41 PM
    Opinions vary. I have 500 MB per month and haven't gone over yet. Other people use several GB per month.

There are some things you can do to reduce your usage. Make sure your email is using push. Set polling (which is used to sync read status and deletions back to the server on push accounts) to the highest number you can live with. Don't leave Facebook, Twitter, CB10, etc running in an active frame unless you really want them to download updates all day.
    12-12-13 01:48 PM
    3GB on the Q10, but I bump it up to 5GB if I need to. Z30 on a 12GB shared plan which sees around 4GB usage alone. This is with WiFi on 24/7 taking advantage of home and AT&T and TWC WiFi services around town.

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    12-12-13 01:58 PM
    I use 2 to 3 GB a month total...on my two phones. But I also watch video and stream audio.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:06 PM
    This is what confuses me. How can i be going through 2 million MB when I only use emails, Bbm and texts which are all free on my coorperate plan? I never leave anything running and rarely watch things on my phone. I think something is messed up on their end because something doesn't wash. Thanks for your help. I do have push settings for emails and will check what polling is.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:12 PM
    6g on a Z10. Never used more than 1g.

BB Proud
    12-12-13 02:21 PM
    Unlimited... so I don't check my usage

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    12-12-13 02:25 PM
    Between 40 and 80 GB..... have an 8 GB plan but also an united plan.... I use BT tethering to my laptop constantly....

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:29 PM
    Ya thats a little to much for emails and stuffs!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:33 PM
    This is what confuses me. How can i be going through 2 million MB when I only use emails, Bbm and texts which are all free on my coorperate plan? I never leave anything running and rarely watch things on my phone. I think something is messed up on their end because something doesn't wash. Thanks for your help. I do have push settings for emails and will check what polling is.

Posted via CB10
    Data is data on BB10. There is no separate email, or BBM. MMS might be separately counted depending on your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:36 PM
    I bet you're reading the numbers wrong... I doubt it's 2 million MB... post a screen shot
    FCSC likes this.
    12-12-13 03:03 PM
    Unlimited and I use about 6-8 gb monthly
    12-12-13 03:11 PM
    No way its 2 million MB. 2,000,000MB is 2,000GB

I've never heard of anyone using 64GB PER day....
    12-12-13 03:20 PM
    Haven't had a full billing cycle yet with my Z30 but I get 1 gig of data a month and I'm a little worried about going over if I'm honest. I have wifi connected at work and at home but I have 3 e-mail accounts and use a fair number of apps through the day.
    12-12-13 03:23 PM
    6g on a Z10. Never used more than 1g.

BB Proud
    I'm with Sonic but I do have wifi on at home and the office (usually) My big usage comes on my wifi at home when I download movies on Netflix plus downloading apps and app updates. Are you sure it wasn't 2,000,000 KB? not MB?
    room2046 likes this.
    12-12-13 03:27 PM
    4 GB between my wife and I. The only time we use data is away from home during the day - at night we are on wifi.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 03:34 PM
    I share 10 gigs between 3 devices. Only time I got close to an overage was when I didn't realize a.) I wasn't connected to WiFi. b.) Mireo was trying to load old maps and new updated ones at the same time i.e. 7GBs.
    12-12-13 03:41 PM
    Unlimited but avg 7GB+ a month
    12-12-13 04:05 PM
    So, apparently the ppl who advised me on this wonderful phone failed to tell me that data isn't compressed. So, they messed up big time.
    It sucks. The device is a data hog, big time. Just top do the same basic things you always used to do in less than 1GB per moth, now translates into a multifold increase, even much worse than iPhones. The cost burden is obscene. I could understand it if I was using a lot of streaming media, but these devices gobble up data by their mere existence. Who would have ever thought they'd come out with a device which performs worse than their previous devices and the competition on so many levels??? Who would have thought they'd drop such an important iconic competitive advantage as push email. Email now basically stinks on the Q10. Very upsetting.
    12-12-13 04:12 PM
    Unlimited on My Z10 and Q10

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    12-12-13 04:13 PM
    There are some things you can do to reduce your usage. Make sure your email is using push. Set polling (which is used to sync read status and deletions back to the server on push accounts) to the highest number you can live with. Don't leave Facebook, Twitter, CB10, etc running in an active frame unless you really want them to download updates all day.
    So, you're saying to basically just suck it up and live with limited, poor performance. Good advice.
    12-12-13 04:16 PM
    Who would have thought they'd drop such an important iconic competitive advantage as push email. Email now basically stinks on the Q10. Very upsetting.
    When the playbook released 2.0 (?) which updated the email to active sync - I would have my playbook sitting on my desk beside my 9930. When an email would come in - my playbook would ding and then a few minutes later my 9930 dinged.

I think the value of push email ( at least in terms of having oit pushed from BES) is largely overstated.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 04:20 PM
    Well, i will be telling my service provider they are giving me unlimited data for this gaffe! Had anyone told me how much data it would eat, I'd have done more research!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 04:25 PM
    It sucks. The device is a data hog, big time. Just top do the same basic things you always used to do in less than 1GB per moth, now translates into a multifold increase, even much worse than iPhones. The cost burden is obscene. I could understand it if I was using a lot of streaming media, but these devices gobble up data by their mere existence. Who would have ever thought they'd come out with a device which performs worse than their previous devices and the competition on so many levels??? Who would have thought they'd drop such an important iconic competitive advantage as push email. Email now basically stinks on the Q10. Very upsetting.
    Stop spreading these lies, please. BlackBerry has not dropped push email, you're delusional to even think this is true when hunderes of users here have emails pushed to their phones daily andyouve constantly been told that you're dead wrong by so many users. And 500MB of data on BB10 is exactly the same as 500MB of data on iPhone, 500MB on Android and 500MB on Windows Phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 04:32 PM
    Well, i will be telling my service provider they are giving me unlimited data for this gaffe! Had anyone told me how much data it would eat, I'd have done more research!

Posted via CB10
    can you provide a screen shot showing your use of 2,000,000MB?

64GB of data a day is out of this world, how many times a day are you charging the phone?

How big was your bill???
    on verizon's lowest data plan (2gb) then $10 for every 1 gb over, your bill JUST for data would be $19,980

I really hope that the 2,000,000MB number is wrong.
    12-12-13 04:35 PM
83 123 ...