05-12-15 09:39 PM
146 ... 456
tools
    I get that.
    But I personally don't understand having 2 lines for personal use.
    Unless it's for work purposes it doesn't make sense to have 2 numbers, 2 lists of contacts, etc.
    Sorry. I should've explained that better. My BlackBerry is for work and my iPhone is for personal use. I literally use my BlackBerry for everything, but I usually only have my iPhone on me when I don't feel like being bothered with work.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    Avenzuno and Aneres11 like this.
    05-06-15 05:52 AM
    Sorry. I should've explained that better. My BlackBerry is for work and my iPhone is for personal use. I literally use my BlackBerry for everything, but I usually only have my iPhone on me when I don't feel like being bothered with work.

Ahh gotcha.
    That makes perfect sense then ha.

I wish I had a job that demanded a BlackBerry haha.
    05-06-15 05:55 AM
    I have a question for you people who use 2 phones for personal use and swap between them daily, or weekly or whatever…

How does that work? Especially the likes of iPhone to BB or BB to iPhone.
    Is that not a nightmare switching handsets?
    Ideally I'd love to add a Classic to my iPhone 6 but I just don't think it'd be suitable for me to do it. Because I wouldn't really use them together, it'd be one at a time but I imagine syncing contacts, losing WhatsApp conversations etc, would be really annoying.

I love the iPhone, but I miss a physical keypad terribly. And the Classic looks perfect but I just want the best of both worlds.
    I know that isn't always possible but I don't want to give up my iPhone fully. I only have one line and one phone number, so adding a second sim card isn't something I want to do as I don't want to physically carry 2 phones.
    But in an ideal world I'd love to be able to seamlessly switch between the 2.

Anyone got any experience in switching between 2 devices for personal use?
    Pros and cons?
    Worth it or not?

Thank you.
    These days, I use my BlackBerry Q10 primarily. If I desire to use the S4 Mini on the road I use Hotspot to the other device. Plus I have a data enabled tablet for $15 a month with 2 gigs of data I barely even use it.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-06-15 12:01 PM
    You know, Blackberry was so very close withe the PlayBook. If it had better performance, the option for a SIM AND a netflix app - if would have been killer.

But to sacrifice your core product (phone + contacts + email device) for it. Very bad idea.

That said, I still use my Playbook to play music and read books. And as an alarm clock. Sweet!

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer and dmlis like this.
    05-06-15 02:41 PM
    You know, Blackberry was so very close withe the PlayBook. If it had better performance, the option for a SIM AND a netflix app - if would have been killer.

But to sacrifice your core product (phone + contacts + email device) for it. Very bad idea.

That said, I still use my Playbook to play music and read books. And as an alarm clock. Sweet!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I didn't even mention my PlayBook. I still use it a lot with UNLIMITED Internet bridged from my Q10. So if I'm doing something on the phone and need a bigger screen, there it is.

So for me, I have a lot of access to stuff for not a lot of $.

Save the PlayBook! C000EAA94
    dmlis likes this.
    05-06-15 07:43 PM
    How is the Playbook? I have an iPad Mini, which I don't mind. I don't use it for anything but FaceTime and Word With Friends.

05-06-15 07:49 PM
    How is the Playbook? I have an iPad Mini, which I don't mind. I don't use it for anything but FaceTime and Word With Friends.

Ironically, those are 2 things you can't do with a PlayBook. LOL.

I really like mine. If you have never used 1, but know how to and pick it up, just navigating through the platform is so nice and smooth.

Really sad that it's not being supported anymore other than by the PlayBook community. There are still a lot of things that the PlayBook does really well. Things that the ipad doesn't do.

BUT, don't ever expect to replace an iPad with a PlayBook and think you will get the same app support.

05-06-15 07:54 PM
    Ironically, those are 2 things you can't do with a PlayBook. LOL.

I really like mine. If you have never used 1, but know how to and pick it up, just navigating through the platform is so nice and smooth.

Really sad that it's not being supported anymore other than by the PlayBook community. There are still a lot of things that the PlayBook does really well. Things that the ipad doesn't do.

BUT, don't ever expect to replace an iPad with a PlayBook and think you will get the same app support.

Fair enough. I've always wanted to try one, I really enjoy Apple products though. I have an iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, iPhone 5s, and the iPad Mini lol. I love my BlackBerry the most though.

05-06-15 08:03 PM
    Fair enough. I've always wanted to try one, I really enjoy Apple products though. I have an iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, iPhone 5s, and the iPad Mini lol. I love my BlackBerry the most though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004UL...UvbUpU11619373

Heck if you have the $100 just get 1 and play with it. They are a lot of fun and the bridge connection is pretty good still. Was better on Legacy devices though.

05-06-15 08:08 PM
    I use a Bold 4 and a z10 for my everyday use....

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:37 PM
    I have a question for you people who use 2 phones for personal use and swap between them daily, or weekly or whatever…

How does that work? Especially the likes of iPhone to BB or BB to iPhone.
    Is that not a nightmare switching handsets?
    I switch between 5 phones on a continuous basis. For me it isn't a problem to switch between my q10, z10 and z30. The issue comes when I switch from one of those phones that uses the same micro SIM to my classic which uses a nano SIM or my 9930 which doesn't use a SIM at all. Then I have to call Verizon to make the switch for me. I change so often that when I call them they know I'm ready to supply them with the imei and iccid numbers. I have often called to make a change and as soon as I hang up I'm changing phones yet again. I have issues...I know.
    05-06-15 08:38 PM
    I'm only using a Q10 right now. I don't like carrying around two phones.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    axllebeer likes this.
    05-07-15 12:26 PM
    Work issued Blackberry Q10 on T-Mobile and an iPhone 4 on Verizon for personal use. I don't like carrying two phones but where I live GSM phones are almost useless as there is little to no coverage. If there was GSM coverage then I would probably just use the Q10 for everything.
    05-07-15 01:02 PM
    Work 9300 Personal Z30

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    05-07-15 01:05 PM
    I'm using a Z30 as my daily driver, I had a Z10 which I sold and keep a 9780 as a spare.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    05-07-15 02:02 PM
    I am up to four now...daily driver is a Z30, company phone is a Windows Phone, my main client gave me a Z10 for use on their network (they wouldn't allow me to use my Z30 for some reason) and just got a OnePlus One to mess around with Android a bit.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 06:13 PM
    I have 3 phones that I bounce between:
    1) Q10 - it cannot be beaten for pure messaging and pocketability. It's great to have a phone that I don't feel the need to treat like a Faberge Egg.
    2) Lumia 1020 - the camera on it is phenomenal. Especially when you add the camera grip case
    3) Lumia 1520 - an excellent camera and a fantastic media machine with it's monstrous screen and battery life. Sometimes I get tired of carrying the 6" screen around and revert back to the 1020.
    05-11-15 05:39 PM
    I have a Q10 and after around 8 months the double typing issue started to show, being everyday worse and worse,than the screen started freezing,sudden network losses etc..so I decided to buy Oneplus since it's a very good deal specs to price and it's also very nicely designed phone. Two weeks after I still keep returning to Q10, just can't leave it so,now I have two sim cards and soon I will buy another keyboard for BlackBerry and I will use it for email and calendar,to do..because android can't match with q10 on that field

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 10:53 AM
    Have heard that two mobile phones are used by people for personal calls and those calls concerning controlled substances. Curiously seems like a good idea!
    05-12-15 01:56 PM
    Got to keep everything separate and organize

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 09:23 PM
    Classic for work
    LGG3 for play

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-15 09:39 PM
146 ... 456