How long does Blackberry support its devices when it comes to parts?

One reason I am choosing a Q10 is because of the replaceable battery. My past phone (Nokia N8) also had a replaceable battery as well, but Nokia cut the production of its batteries for older devices that I was forced to use Chinese knock offs which were ****, even the Nokia OEM battery I bought was bad since it had been sitting on the shelf for too long. If I could get a decent original battery, I could have kept using my old phone.

So my question is for how long will I be able to get the batteries for the Q10? Q10 parts might be widely available now, but how about 3-4 years from now.

For instance, can you still get new OEM for the Pearls from 2008 if you wanted to?

Also, I am not sure if it is a good idea to stock up on batteries, since they would just lose charge sitting in my closet. This is why I want to go for the freshly produced OEM battery 2-3 years from now when the battery will be bad.
    03-10-14 07:19 PM
    For instance, can you still get new OEM for the Pearls from 2008 if you wanted to?
    Maybe?
    03-10-14 07:28 PM
    Fair enough, although I really hope it has not been sitting on the shelf for the last two years.

I have bought OEM batteries that do not hold charge before.

I guess what I am asking is:
    Should I stock up on the Q10 batteries now? Or will BB keep manufacturing Q10 batteries 2 years from now?

I try to use a device for at least 3 years and more if possible. More environmentally friendly, but also I do not like having to learn to use a new phone.
    03-10-14 07:32 PM
    I think mine is going bad it only lasts me 12 hours now while my z10 goes 16 hours with the same use if I forward the q10 calls to the Z. I use to get a day and a half. Hope they hang around for a while

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 09:50 PM