All day in a trade show hall, fighting for intermittent access to poor free wifi network and a totally overloaded 3G network - using browser and email all the time and then later in a bar and restaraunt until midnight and back at the hotel would be good for me!

Those are my full battle conditions.
    crikey that's a tall order, id say tether or use a hotspot and save the potential nightmare
    Ha! I can usually cadge some charge somewhere along the way. Spare battery would be ideal. iPhone such a pita. (Was using Mophie battery cases and still falling short)
    04-07-13 10:02 AM
    I talked to a guy who had it. and he said it just lasted one full day. but that was a full day of slamming it and going none stop on using it. I was hoping for two but it seems that will not be the case. one.full day is enough for.the power.users. that will mean two days for normal users.
    A full day of heavy works for me...
    04-07-13 10:49 AM
    If it can pass the University test then I should be fine. My Z10, no exaggerating can get about 5 hours, yes you heard 5 hours at my campus. I unplug at 8 then it's dead by 1. The reason being imagine being in a 6 floor lecture/library with poor Wifi and cl reception and I'm guessing about 10,000 smartphones all trying to get signal. If the Q10 can get me through I would be very impressed.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:07 AM
    From what I heard there is no official news released about the Q10.

This is my personal view from working in the electronics technology industry:

It is obvious with a screen that is 40% smaller the back-light power would be slightly less. There is less area to be illuminated. LCD screens themselves draw very little power. The display matrix drivers do consume more power than the panel itself. The matrix is also 40% smaller. The overhead computing power for decoding and processing would be about the same as the Z10. The base design is from the Z10

I would assume there may be a 10% average increase of battery life with the Q10 when working out all the possible scenarios. I read a comment the battery in the Q10 will be of a higher ma/Hr rating. This would definitely add time for usage.

In looking at the overall way the Z10 works, and then having the Q10 using the same OS, I would be more inclined to say the Z10 would be the better choice. The OS and base design was made for a virtual keyboard, touch gesture, and touch selections for operation.

For those who have not tried the Z10, spend some time typing on one. In a short while you will find it surprisingly responsive, and easy to use. In fact, I was a mechanical keyboard type user until I used the Z10. In a matter of a few days, I decided I will never go back to the mechanical keyboard with a Blackberry as long as the Z10 virtual keyboard design is around. I was amazed at how it works.

The virtual keyboard does not require any thumb pressure to type. This makes it easier on the thumb joints and hands when having to type long emails or make long notes on it. I sometimes have to do a lot of typing and entries with my phone as part of my job when I am away from my office PC. The Z10 is making it easy for doing what I need for this.

I also have a 9900 with a mechanical keyboard. It works okay, but I prefer the Z10.

Someone mentioned to me they read the Q10 may be the last mechanical keyboard phone Blackberry will make. I have no idea if this is true or not.
    04-07-13 02:00 PM
    Approximately 2 days or 1.5 with heavy use.
    04-07-13 02:44 PM
    From what I heard there is no official news released about the Q10.

This is my personal view from working in the electronics technology industry:

It is obvious with a screen that is 40% smaller the back-light power would be slightly less. There is less area to be illuminated. LCD screens themselves draw very little power. The display matrix drivers do consume more power than the panel itself. The matrix is also 40% smaller. The overhead computing power for decoding and processing would be about the same as the Z10. The base design is from the Z10

I would assume there may be a 10% average increase of battery life with the Q10 when working out all the possible scenarios. I read a comment the battery in the Q10 will be of a higher ma/Hr rating. This would definitely add time for usage.

In looking at the overall way the Z10 works, and then having the Q10 using the same OS, I would be more inclined to say the Z10 would be the better choice. The OS and base design was made for a virtual keyboard, touch gesture, and touch selections for operation.

For those who have not tried the Z10, spend some time typing on one. In a short while you will find it surprisingly responsive, and easy to use. In fact, I was a mechanical keyboard type user until I used the Z10. In a matter of a few days, I decided I will never go back to the mechanical keyboard with a Blackberry as long as the Z10 virtual keyboard design is around. I was amazed at how it works.

The virtual keyboard does not require any thumb pressure to type. This makes it easier on the thumb joints and hands when having to type long emails or make long notes on it. I sometimes have to do a lot of typing and entries with my phone as part of my job when I am away from my office PC. The Z10 is making it easy for doing what I need for this.

I also have a 9900 with a mechanical keyboard. It works okay, but I prefer the Z10.

Someone mentioned to me they read the Q10 may be the last mechanical keyboard phone Blackberry will make. I have no idea if this is true or not.
    at a point I can't agree more with your comments. I also used to be a die hard physical keyboard BB fan and before turning into the Z I had all Bolds except the 9790 as it was too small and too thin for me. moving to Z first impression was, the keyboard. I love typing and that's why I never chose android or iOS as their keyboards are terrible!! So is windows phone, oh God!! but the team at BBRY has done such a brilliat job of bringing the exact same typing experience on the Z, with tons of new features. now I can type faster with my Z with just some typo but my thumbs love that.

as for the keyboard thing, I agree that why the Q10 is built with a larger battery pack perhaps to cope with the conductors used for the keyboard to capture the keypresses where on the z you're typing right on the screen hence just a single layer of conductors is used. which is why that explains people having the legacy 9900 don't feel a significant battery life improvement compared to the 9860, NOT only because of the screen size BUT it also is more to the keypad on the 9900 too. thanks for pointing that out.

to conclude, I expect the q10 will have a 10% longer standby time than that of the z10. if my Z can run up to 15-16 hrs on H+ with continuous usage then the q will do up to 20 hrs on the similar usage pattern.

and... BBRY will always build a keyboard device, as keyboard is the special thing of BBRY. I won't believe anyone saying that the q10 will be the last qwerty device. there will be more to come.
    04-07-13 06:45 PM
    I've heard it doesn't need charging...

On a more serious note it will last a working day with heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 03:39 AM
    I'm getting 9 out of my Z10 so 16 should be right
    This is probably the right sort of way to consider how much battery life you will get from one, relative to a z10 rather than an absolute number since as we have seen with the z10 there is a huge variation in how much battery life people are seeing. I think that the increase is more likely to be along the lines of 50% than nearer the 80-100% improvement some seem to be hoping for though.

Beyond such estimates, I am expecting that BB has a particular target in mind for the q10 based on the typical usage patterns of a qwerty user and that is why they upped the battery size despite it having a smaller display, they probably expect a q10 user to be heavier on the data entry and thus will also have the display active longer than a person who is going in and out of their device to check stuff more periodically. if you use a q10 in a similar manner to a z10 then you will see clear gains, but it is intended as a work horse who will expect to use the device for longer during that day or so of battery life.
    04-08-13 11:43 AM
    and... BBRY will always build a keyboard device, as keyboard is the special thing of BBRY. I won't believe anyone saying that the q10 will be the last qwerty device. there will be more to come.
    Given the leaks we have seen, the q10 is unlikely to even be the only qwerty device out from BB by the end of summer.

I think that we will never see the qwerty devices as prominent as they were previously, but there is always going to be room for at least a couple of them in the range going forward.
    04-08-13 11:47 AM
    till it needs a recharge or a replacement when its kaputt? Kidding, couldnt help myself .
    04-08-13 01:01 PM
    If I can get through a full day 8am - 11pm on LTE with moderate use I will be happy. Any more than that and I will be extremely excited. I miss the days of my 9700 battery life!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:23 PM
    I think it will get you through the working day. It will slightly better than the Z10.

The real question is: how big are the battery improvements on OS10.1+. I hope even Z10 users will get better battery life

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:47 AM
    I don't know if this is new but the battery life is now posted on the blackberry website. Also I have seen some confusion about the screen. It is defiantly a super AMOLED.

BlackBerry Q10 Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone - Canada
    04-09-13 10:28 AM
38 12