Hi, my Q10 just died on me (posted a thread in the OS10 section), and if ever I have the money, I was thinking on how to buy the correct Q10 this time. I mean, I've read that the latest Q10 that they sell does not have the double typing issue, or most of the most common issues at all.

So, where and what do I look for, is it in the box? The version or serial number? The year manufactured? Is the year or serial just outside the box therefore allowing me to see it before unsealing the box? Currently live in Asia and I don't think they're updating their stock on BlackBerries so there is a big chance I'll get an old one just lying around.

If any one can give me a full know-how on how to detect a newly manufactured Q10 with all the signs and symptoms that would be great. Thanks guys!
    jezy1m3rchant likes this.
    02-08-15 04:03 PM
    Manufacturing date is on the side of the box above the "Made in MEXICO/CANADA" line, as a DDMMYY string of 6 numbers. So if it says, say, 240513, it was packaged on 24 May 2013.
    popengchan likes this.
    02-08-15 04:29 PM
    I've found that sometimes the really old stock that weren't sold from carriers got returned to BlackBerry and they may have updated the OS and also slapped on that new label on the box.

Though that's a great indicator, typically very reliable, I'd also check inside the phone too and see whether is says BlackBerry Ltd or RIM.

Anything RIM is from the earliest batches.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    popengchan likes this.
    02-08-15 05:59 PM
    so is there any date i should be looking in for?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-08-15 06:16 PM
    Anything from May to August 2013 I'd avoid for sure.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    lift and popengchan like this.
    02-08-15 06:40 PM
    I've found that sometimes the really old stock that weren't sold from carriers got returned to BlackBerry and they may have updated the OS and also slapped on that new label on the box.

Though that's a great indicator, typically very reliable, I'd also check inside the phone too and see whether is says BlackBerry Ltd or RIM.

Anything RIM is from the earliest batches.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    By the way, where is the inside of the phone that may say RIM/ BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:25 PM
    By the way, where is the inside of the phone that may say RIM/ BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Should be behind the battery. Not sure if later Q10s say BlackBerry Ltd. instead of Research in Motion, though.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:16 PM
    Should be behind the battery. Not sure if later Q10s say BlackBerry Ltd. instead of Research in Motion, though.

Posted via CB10
    Oh they definitely do!

#CB10 #WorkWide
    02-08-15 08:24 PM
    No they don't. Mine was built in 2014 and sticker says Research in the motion.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 10:37 PM
    I can't take the double typing anymore... now it's suddenly inserting a "period" and capitalizing the new sentence I never created! AGH!!!! So that was my question: I have the firs Q10 model... is it different now? Does it still look like the original but the internal is improved???
    02-09-15 06:42 PM