Due to security concerns, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has asked all cellular operators in the country to stop offering Blackberry Enterprise Services to all its enterprise customers.
    10-29-15 05:09 PM
    Why are you guys even worried about data collection? Data collection on usage and such are just natural for R&D. Data mining has always been part of any product or service. If you are not doing anything against the law, then why worry?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 01:38 AM
    Why are you guys even worried about data collection? Data collection on usage and such are just natural for R&D. Data mining has always been part of any product or service. If you are not doing anything against the law, then why worry?

Posted via CB10
    Try telling that to the many people who have been wrongly imprisoned. Esp. the ones who were on death row until dna testing came along and freed them after 20 years or more.
    2nd. What gives anyone the right to invade my privacy?
    Maybe you think it's cool to share everything you do so that it can be used as a tool when "they" target you for marketing, your political leanings, your state of health with regard to insurance, and anything else that can be used to develop a profile on you, etc..
    I certainly don't.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Paul Callahan like this.
    10-30-15 01:54 AM
    Try telling that to the many people who have been wrongly imprisoned. Esp. the ones who were on death row until dna testing came along and freed them after 20 years or more.
    2nd. What gives anyone the right to invade my privacy?
    Maybe you think it's cool to share everything you do so that it can be used as a tool when "they" target you for marketing, your political leanings, your state of health with regard to insurance, and anything else that can be used to develop a profile on you, etc..
    I certainly don't.

Posted via CB10
    Who exactly are the ones who got mistakenly imprisoned? Who are those people? If one is so concerned about privacy, then do not use any devices or products that connects to the Internet.

Hmm... based on your response, you don't know the importance of data mining. In a retail environment, data mining is used to collect information on what products or services will sell on a particular geographic area. Data mining is also used for re-stocking inventories on groceries.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:22 AM
    Who exactly are the ones who got mistakenly imprisoned? Who are those people? If one is so concerned about privacy, then do not use any devices or products that connects to the Internet.

Hmm... based on your response, you don't know the importance of data mining. In a retail environment, data mining is used to collect information on what products or services will sell on a particular geographic area. Data mining is also used for re-stocking inventories on groceries.

Posted via CB10

If you don't ever read or view the news, or see movies based on actual events, like "The Thin Blue Line" and are totally unaware of these numerous events, I suggest that you perform a google search.
    Here, I'll get you started:
    Texas man wrongly held for 30 years
    https://www.google.com/search?q=texa...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    List of people wrongly convicted of murder, held on death row and eventually released
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...th_row_inmates
    Another Texas man, 30 years on death row, exonerated:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mentioned-him/
    Alabama man release from death row after 28 years:
    Ray Hinton released after 28 years on death row describes new life of freedom | Daily Mail Online

I could spend all day providing you links just on the hundreds of people wrongly convicted of murder and rape.
    Then there are numerous other crimes where people have been wrongly convicted, like robbery.

With regard to your comments on the importance of data mining, with all due respect, I find that naive in light of it being used for forced extraordinary renditions during the Bush admin and with the most recent revelations by Edward Snowden, who found that these techniques breached our constitutional rights to privacy.
    To think it's isolated to a narrow field of setting store inventories, is ludicrous.
    I'm guessing that Facebook is the largest data mining site on the internet and their stock value and Zuckerberg's billions is not because people want to know what to stock in their stores.
    One of the aspects of data mining, is that it draws conclusions via inference.
    It's one of the issues that data miners are trying to overcome, because inference isn't always accurate in targeting their market audience (for advertising) and something that the U.S. used to falsely arrest people all over the world under the Bush administration, as suspected terrorists and by countries that are more repressive in their actions, like China, who are looking to control the population.
    China uses data mining for political control, not just of their own people, but to keep others out of their country (like supporters of Tibet).

To reinforce my points:
    https://www.heartland.org/sites/defa...ata_mining.pdf

https://utd.edu/~mxk055100/courses/p...am_privacy.pdf

https://www.aclu.org/top-ten-abuses-power-911

Using your own belief system on data mining, one can infer from your comments that you not only have zero concern for the security or privacy of other individuals and obviously believe that you have a right to know what others are doing on the computer, where they shop for groceries, what credit cards they use, what kind of car they drive and where they live, their medical history etc.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 10-30-15 at 02:20 PM.
    R3d13 likes this.
    10-30-15 01:55 PM
    Settings > Security and Privacy > Device Password, set and enable Picture Password...
    I enabled it and had to turn it off the next day. The spots to enter the code require a pretty accurate touch in order to unlock it. I had several calls early the next morning and couldn't wake up enough to remember how to do it quickly enough to answer the calls before they went to voice-mail! Is there a way to quickly toggle it off and also give you a delay for 10min or more so when you're using it it doesn't make you unlock it every minute?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-09-15 02:19 PM
    I enabled it and had to turn it off the next day. The spots to enter the code require a pretty accurate touch in order to unlock it. I had several calls early the next morning and couldn't wake up enough to remember how to do it quickly enough to answer the calls before they went to voice-mail!
    I unlock my phone way more quickly this way than by typing a password. Just a slide from my thumb does the trick. The only tip is too choose a good picture with a lot of point of interest and vertical/horizontal lines, so it's easy to place a number at the right place.

Here the picture I use :
    How good is the BlackBerry Q10 And eavesdropping?-6_sense1.jpg

And... you don't have to unlock it to answer a call...
    falcon88 likes this.
    11-09-15 04:31 PM
    Huh? How do I answer a call when the cell was asleep (and so was I) without having a physical button like the classic has?

11-11-15 06:53 PM
    Huh? How do I answer a call when the cell was asleep (and so was I) without having a physical button like the classic has?
    ? As usual... when the phone is locked and somebody called you, just swipe to the left...
    How good is the BlackBerry Q10 And eavesdropping?-img_20151112_105335_edit.png

You have to unlock the phone only if you want to make a call (except if you use a bluetooth headset).
    falcon88 likes this.
    11-12-15 03:57 AM
    I Am happy to see my thread gone so far and deep discussing,once i sold my BB Q10 at the time i started this thread and used iPhone 5s,i made the difference between the time of using BB and iPhone,during time of using BB the secret police of my country seemed to be used their human resources to spy on me while i leave or enter my home because i think BB stopped them using their electronic devices to spy on me and instead of that they used my neighbors to work for them and see my activities but in the case of iPhone using i rarely saw them watching me as i guess they were inside of my iPhone GPS or i do not know what!
    12-25-15 10:32 PM
    El Chap� was just caught because the Mexican and U.S. Governments were able to spy on his phones.
    His phones were BlackBerrys and he was also using BBM to com with Sean Penn and Kate del Castillo.
    So much for the highest security level on the market.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 09:34 PM
    El Chapo used BB! What model and OS? Would that make a difference? Have heard of "stingray" program that can be worked to misdirect transmission from a cell tower to a third party for auditing.
    01-12-16 10:52 AM
    El Chap� was just caught because the Mexican and U.S. Governments were able to spy on his phones.
    His phones were BlackBerrys and he was also using BBM to com with Sean Penn and Kate del Castillo.

Posted via CB10
    Umm, where did you see any verification of this? Even though I'm VERY uninterested in the doings of an avowed hater of our country (Penn's father was blacklisted as a communist in the 50's, easily verified) who also called Dictator Hugo Chavez a friend, I had no trouble hearing about how he was made to use multiple NON smartphone "burner" phones to set up the meeting with the scumbag narco terrorist. None of the verified articles written by news organizations that fact check mentioned BBM either. Also simple logic makes me feel that 99% of the poorly educated (Penn briefly attended Santa Monica Community College to take an auto mechanics & a speech class http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/smarter.asp) people who think that fame from non educational activities mean we should be impressed by their every activity are the least likely to have ever SEEN a BlackBerry much less used one. I don't know if you heard this from others without actually checking out the accuracy or are being a troll because you dislike BlackBerry in general or like to stir up flame wars. Either way your assertion that the lack of security made it easy for the US & Mexican "Government" were able to just listen in with zero effort is ludicrous. I'm NOT saying that BlackBerry is un-hackable since some US agencies can penetrate pretty much any system if they want to get a warrant and devote enough resources to do so. But even radical types like Penn aren't monitored 24/7 at that level. They need probable cause before they can even get the warrant. And the Rendition system outed by snowden only listened for key words and could NOT pick out a single person and follow them. When it was triggered by a word it would simply send the data to an analyst group who then decide whether to further investigate or not.

Sorry to anyone who thought this was too much detail but there are a large number of people unaware of the basic facts.

Most of us who use Blackberries like the security the OS gives to protect itself from apps but especially how it lets us control what access to personal data any app is given. I bought a cheap android cell for a trip and when I read the huge list of areas the OS itself is allowed to share with Google I was amazed at how few even have a clue what they give away to EVERY app even though I knew it was a large li

Magnetox likes this.
    01-12-16 11:51 AM
    Umm, where did you see any verification of this? Even though I'm VERY uninterested in the doings of an avowed hater of our country (Penn's father was blacklisted as a communist in the 50's, easily verified) who also called Dictator Hugo Chavez a friend, I don't know if you heard this from others without actually checking out the accuracy or are being a troll because you dislike BlackBerry in general or like to stir up flame wars. Either way your assertion that the lack of security made it easy for the US & Mexican "Government" were able to just listen in with zero effort is ludicrous. I'm NOT saying that BlackBerry is un-hackable since some US agencies can penetrate pretty much any system if they want to get a warrant and devote enough resources to do so. But even radical types like Penn aren't monitored 24/7 at that level. They need probable cause before they can even get the warrant. And the Rendition system outed by snowden only listened for key words and could NOT pick out a single person and follow them. When it was triggered by a word it would simply send the data to an analyst group who then decide whether to further investigate or not.

Sorry to anyone who thought this was too much detail but there are a large number of people unaware of the basic facts.

Written like a true BlackBerry Fanboy..

Here's some basic facts for you:
    1. Try reading the article that Sean Penn wrote where he provides this information about specifically and only using BBM as well as posting photos of the phones.
    And then try reading other articles where both the U.S. and Mexican governments specifically cite that the take down was done through cell phone access.
    2. These are forums about BlackBerry products, software and anything else that's related, not a venue for people to affront others with their opinions of politics or opinions other people's politics, as though that has any relevance to the subjects at hand .
    3. I wish I could say that I could care less about the opinions of the self inflated, rabid BlackBerry fanboys who are quick to accuse anyone who finds or suspects an issue with the platform, of being a troll.
    But it is largely in part because of that very delusional hubris that BlackBerry has fallen from #1 to being an example of how not to run a product oriented business by trying to force their narrow minded attitude on the masses (but that is, once again, a product of hubris).
    And fanboys are merely the obnoxious face of that BlackBerry debacle, that many of us OS10 users are sick of putting up with, while we are left with a phone whose less than half fulfilled (or some would say "baked") promise is seemingly without a future.
    It is of the same attitude (imo) as the Emperor who couldn't see that he had no clothes.
    If you want to find out what else OS10 users are unhappy about (obviously started and contributed to, all by trolls, in your supreme, all omniscient judgement), there are dozens of threads on Crackberry for you to read.
    May I suggest that you start with BlackBerry Link
    May I also humbly suggest, that next time, before you go off, all pumped up and half cocked on your opinions and ready to regurgitate your hubris on someone (who owns 5 Q10s for his business as well as being a regular participant in these forums) by accusing them of being a "troll", that you calm down, look around and do some research first before you reply.
    That usually contributes towards a constructive discussion.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 01-13-16 at 12:50 AM.
    01-12-16 11:55 PM
    The tracking wasn't done through accessing communications, it was done through simple signal tracking. Occam's razor.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 06:26 AM
    You're bashing BlackBerry because they collect data, but are now getting an iPhone from Apple so they can collect your data AND you're fingerprint.

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?...

Posted via CB10
    I think he is saying that since security is about the same between the phones he might as well get a modern smartphone that has an extensive software for productivity at his place of business available. So he will get an iphone.

Posted via CB10.
    01-14-16 05:48 AM
    You're bashing BlackBerry because they collect data, but are now getting an iPhone from Apple so they can collect your data AND you're fingerprint.

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?...

Posted via CB10
    I think he's saying if Blackberry isn't any better at privacy he might as well have the convenience of the iPhone and it's ecosystem
    01-14-16 07:53 AM
    2 weeks ago purchased again a Q10 but it did not work more than 12 days and result is http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-also-822430/ so again i started iPhone and this time an iPhone 4s just to wait till i find any newer iPhone which is faster than 4s
    02-07-16 07:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    He should have gotten the bes service or upgraded to the BBM protected, cheapskate

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-07-16 07:53 PM
    Everyone is work about privacy and security but noble gets the bes cloud service or BBM protected

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 07:55 PM
70 123