Hey guys,

I use my z10 since it was released in UK and i am more or less satisfied. The biggest problem for me is the bad battery time. Of course the phone brings me through a normal day (7 am to 10 pm). However, if i go out after work my z10 dies because of low battery.
    I really don't want to go back to iphone, so please tell me if the q10 does better.

Thx!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 02:28 PM
    The Q10 should certainly do better!

Bigger battery, smaller screen.

Plus the OLED display doesn't use battery to power any black parts of screen, and BB has maximized the advantage of this by using a dark theme for some parts of the OS.

Some apps like CB10 have also utilized the dark theme for the Q10 version.

Otherwise (or also), I'd suggest you get yourself a high capacity charger, like the standard PlayBook Charger aka the BB Premium Charger. Or if you drive, the Premium In-Vehicle Charger.
    Both have 1.8A output, compared to the standard BB wall charger's 750mA.

This is how you CB10, son!
    manniiiii likes this.
    05-06-13 02:47 PM
    I find the Q a better battery. Now I have my keyboard back I'm back to using the phone a lot more for forums, blogging, IM etc, and even then it still outlasts the performance of the Z.

As always its more about the settings than anything else that is really going to prolong the life of the phone.

I'm getting 10-12 hours of heavy use a day out of a full charge, so a normal working day, I reckon I will be close on to 24 hours. Time will tell.

Looking forwards to giving it a 'normal' days testing tomorrow for battery life.

Posted via CB10
    manniiiii likes this.
    05-06-13 02:57 PM
    I used a Z10 for about 1.5 months and was extremely disappointed in it's battery life. There were a few times, like yourself, where I'd go out after work and it'd die a some point into the evening. I had to go as far as disable push e-mail and go to 15 minute syncing of my 3 accounts just to get that level of battery life.

Got my Q10 on launch and have to say I am very satisfied with the battery life. I did a run down test the second day after owning it and got 32 hours before I put it on a charger at 10% battery remaining. I'd say the usage on that was medium (e-mails, sms, bbm, updated/installed a few apps, little browsing, some camera and listening to podcasts for 2-3 hours). That also includes 7-8 hours of me sleeping and it sitting on my night stand (not charging). It was almost always on WiFi but did spend a few hours on HSPA+.

Since then I'm back into my normal usage cycle which I'd call medium again and I have had plenty of juice left (more than 50%) after taking it off the charger at at 8:00am and putting it back on around 11:00pm.

It's a shame they didn't put any kind of usage tracking into BB10 so I could provide more concrete data but based on my 1.5 months with the Z10 and the week I've had the Q10 I'd say the Q10 is leaps and bounds better than the Z10 for battery life.

As a side note I side-loaded all the same Android apps I used on my Z10 on to my Q10.
    manniiiii likes this.
    05-06-13 03:15 PM
    guys forget about everything you've used in the past, iphones android Nokias etc....

got a Q10 last week in London, and it's just the best phone I've had, period..
    I wont start telling you about how beautiful it is and the superb built quality since it's not the purpose of this thread, so Battery:

on my first charge i got to 28h, although i must admit i didn't really make extensive phones calls, probably spent 20min on calls. However i used it as if it was Christmas for the full day, on both wifi and HSDPA, streaming videos, browsing the net, listening to music, downloading apps etc etc, 28h guys, that's incredible.

today I'm back home, and let's say this is my first usual day, where i spend at least 2h on the phone, multiple phone calls and always on HSDPA or 3G, browsing, playing with pictures and using the occasional app. I unplugged my Q10 at 7:30am this morning and now it's 22:30 which makes 15h online, and i still have 15% battery left...

What to say, apart form thank you Blackberry!!!
    Last edited by tomsobon; 05-06-13 at 03:33 PM.
    manniiiii likes this.
    05-06-13 03:15 PM