I have a q10, with all the latest software updates. I've installed no apps on it that it didn't come with.

You know how when you get a new text message you can sort of read it at the top of the screen for a few seconds?

Sometimes for me, the message just stays there and refuses to go away unless i restart the device, it's really annoying. Once this happens, every new text message does too, and they overlap with each other at the top of the screen.

Anyway, this time the media volume decided to permanently display at the top with 2-3 text messages overlapping with it. The alt key box is showing too.. Is there a way to fix it?
    08-01-14 03:12 AM
    Have you tried a hard reset? Hold down both volume buttons until the BlackBerry logo shows up. You probably have a bug.
    08-01-14 03:20 AM
    I havn't tried a hard reset. Will it delete my stored phone numbers and text messages? I don't know if they are stored on the phone, or on the sim.

edit:
    I held both volume buttons and it said something about saving a screenshot. Kept holding them and it seemed to restart. Strangely, the OS was still the latest version and I still had my pictures which suggests it didn't do anything.
    Last edited by bobbus4123; 08-01-14 at 03:39 AM.
    08-01-14 03:28 AM
    I havn't tried a hard reset. Will it delete my stored phone numbers and text messages? I don't know if they are stored on the phone, or on the sim.

edit:
    I held both volume buttons and it said something about saving a screenshot. Kept holding them and it seemed to restart. Strangely, the OS was still the latest version and I still had my pictures which suggests it didn't do anything.
    Doing the two-volume press doesn't "factory reset" the phone, it just does a restart like a battery pull. Alternatively, try a long press on the Power/Lock button and look if there's a restart button (I think this is a Z10 -1 feature only).

You can disable these interactive notifications for your text at the hub.

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    08-01-14 03:45 AM
    Redsaph, the Q also has a restart option like that.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 03:48 AM
    I've had this particular issue for since I bought the phone, and i've taken the battery out at least 4-5 times since then and it's always reoccurred, so i'll try a factory reset instead..
    08-01-14 04:46 AM
    Just disable the instant preview function in your settings

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 05:40 AM
    If you don't want to see them at all, you can disable them. Go to Settings / Notifications and disable the Instant Preview feature.

If you do want them, but want them to behave normally, a wipe or factory reset should do the trick. Note: all your data will be gone from the device! Make sure you back up all important data.

Good luck!
    08-01-14 06:30 AM