I have been reading people complaining about not being able to adjust brightness on their devices. Turns out this Q10 I got from tmobile has a brightness slider, allowing to adjust brightness at will. But the issue is that I want to rely on auto brightness, and there isnt an option to turn it on. Please note Iam not complaining about the screen being dim and the impossibility to turn auto brightness off, on the contrary, I would like to turn it on. Thanks in advance.
    06-11-13 10:03 AM
    Its on, its always on. Dont worry, you dont get the option to toggle it on or off. Everyone has the slider.
    so crow likes this.
    06-11-13 10:07 AM
    What disappoints me is the lack of a truly low brightness setting to use when it's dark/at night. The lowest brightness is easily twice as bright (twice as many foot candles) as the iPhone's lowest brightness. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:00 AM
    I was thinking mine is dark. I must be weird.
    mookieson likes this.
    06-11-13 12:22 PM
    Well, it is borderline unusable in direct sunlight because it isn't bright enough. But it's far too bright to use much in a dark room before bed, as I am wont to do--that actually might be a benefit, get me off the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 12:54 PM
    The brightness slider doesn't go high enough... It barely does anything.
    06-11-13 12:59 PM
    I have not noticed any change in screen brightness at all, as if it didnt have auto brightness. The screen is bright enough, no complains there. But again, I dont think the Q10 features auto brightness at all.
    06-11-13 05:25 PM
    I am really confused. I have a brightness slider, I can adjust the display from there, but the auto-brightness just does not work. No matter if I put my phone in a complet dark room at night, or directly under the sun light, it remains at the brightness I had set with the slider; no change at all.
    PS: I am quite pleased of its brightness, with the slider at minimum, I stll can use it outdoors . I almost never use the maximum setting.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Q10 !
    06-12-13 03:57 AM
    I am really confused. I have a brightness slider, I can adjust the display from there, but the auto-brightness just does not work. No matter if I put my phone in a complet dark room at night, or directly under the sun light, it remains at the brightness I had set with the slider; no change at all.
    PS: I am quite pleased of its brightness, with the slider at minimum, I stll can use it outdoors . I almost never use the maximum setting.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Q10 !
    04-24-16 10:49 PM
    There's a built-in ambient light sensor to the left of the earpiece.

If you cover that with black tape, then you are preventing the phone from applying changes to brightness due to ambient lighting in front of the phone.

Doing this on older BBs and those with LCD displays gives an obvious change.
    Doing this on the Q10 doesn't give any immediate noticable change, except if you then go back to the brightness slider and try and drag it down to minimum, it wil actually go slightly dimmer than if the tape wasn't there.

Not being bright enough outdoors is not a problem for me as I'm in the UK :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 01:51 AM
    Bbos10 automatically enabled auto brightness, the slider can't really adjust that much. This is a system problem. However, if u r running Android app in android runtime, u can somehow adjust through the android app. There is a significant difference. But only work in android runtime, after u exit, it goes back to default brightness

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 05:31 PM
    What disappoints me is the lack of a truly low brightness setting to use when it's dark/at night. The lowest brightness is easily twice as bright (twice as many foot candles) as the iPhone's lowest brightness. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100%. If only the Q10 had a less greenish screen and the ability to get much dimmer, it would be perfect.

 C L A S S I C
    05-13-16 07:49 PM