06-07-14 10:12 AM
28 12
tools
    Don't get me wrong, I love it, BUT... Blackberry has greatly changed since 2008 and I am completely lost.
    I have my BBM set up and it took 7 tries and 45 minutes to get my husband on it. (He's on Apple)
    I set up various accounts including facebook, twitter and evernotes.
    I have zero clue as to what a picture password is.
    I can't find any settings for ring tones and alert sounds.
    I do like Blackberry Hub, though, that one is pretty cool.
    I just lost half my hair and 15 years.
    Hello everyone, my name is evilguppy and I am a complete sorry
    techtard.
    Please help?
    I'll check this thread tomorrow, I seriously need to sleep this off, lol.
    06-04-14 02:05 AM
    Hang in there Guppy help is on the way! Breathe....that's it....now another. Let's come in off that windowsill.

The first thing you want to do is get on the BlackBerry website,locate your device and go through the tutorials. That will get you up and running.
    Supa_Fly1 and Evilguppy like this.
    06-04-14 02:16 AM
    There are tutorials built in to your phone too. Go to the home screen and start typing Tutorials and the app should come up in the search results.

Also search CrackBerry's website and here http://helpblog.blackberry.com for what things are and how to use them, like Picture Password.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3175 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    Supa_Fly1 and Evilguppy like this.
    06-04-14 02:27 AM
    Took me about a month to be fully comfortable with my Q10. My husband hates the device so much (after 11 months) that he sticks to using my old 9700. Maybe I just hate change...or am old...but looking forward to a Q model with the "toolbelt" and some of the old legacy features. Granted, I have seen VAST improvements, but it hasn't been enough to convince my spouse. A choice for 'column view' would be nice.

Regarding ringtones, click System Settings > Notifications > Applications...from there, pick Phone--or what have you--to change tones. Keep in mind that your Text and Phone Ring Tone settings will be at the SAME volume. Admittedly, this is an annoyance for me, as I could set them separately before. I realize that the BB10 OS was basically starting from scratch. Still miss some of the old features, though.

Good luck. I love BlackBerry, but I do understand your frustration. The one feature that cannot be beat, however, is the ability to select Permissions; this does not exist for Android programs (that I've seen). In that regard, I've found myself at the mercy of the programmer (and my own inclinations).

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:31 AM
    There is always the built in Help app on the device that should cover the basics. I don't know if you have looked into it but it is a great place to start.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    06-04-14 09:26 AM
    First let me say that indeed the Crackberry.com pages offer many Q10 tips and how to videos that are designed to walk you through any question or problem

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 09:42 AM
    Thanks you guys. I will take the time to go through everything slowly today. I do miss the old track ball and the back and menu buttons, I don't quite have those gestures yet. The keyboard is sweet, though.
    06-04-14 09:44 AM
    Thanks you guys. I will take the time to go through everything slowly today. I do miss the old track ball and the back and menu buttons, I don't quite have those gestures yet. The keyboard is sweet, though.
    Like all fine technological marvels, mastery comes slowly. I'm still learning new shortcuts to increase my productivity (previously had a Torch 9810 and a Bold 9900 - still have the Bold btw). Swiping, though, is another task I'm still trying to come to grips with.
    06-04-14 10:31 AM
    I agree. So far this morning I've managed to access my drop box, set up my wallpaper and install the crackberry app. I'm posting from my Q10 right now. This will take time lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:57 AM
    Keep going...it gets better and better.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-04-14 11:01 AM
    Having trouble sending or receiving pics by email. Maybe they're too large?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 11:04 AM
    Being a complete BlackBerry geek, it still took me a few days to get used to the gestures. Now that I understand all of them though, I wouldn't have it any other way. There is a slight learning curve, but after that, it's smooth sailing!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    06-04-14 04:39 PM
    Having trouble sending or receiving pics by email. Maybe they're too large?

Posted via CB10
    The latest OS versions give you an option as to how much you want to compress image attachments... but most digital images should send with a decent connection.

Stay patient, and keep an open mind! Takes a bit of time to get used to, but then you don't only feel comfortable, you actually feel faster/more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 04:48 PM
    We don't have profile rules like we used to which I really miss.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    06-04-14 07:25 PM
    The latest OS versions give you an option as to how much you want to compress image attachments... but most digital images should send with a decent connection.

Stay patient, and keep an open mind! Takes a bit of time to get used to, but then you don't only feel comfortable, you actually feel faster/more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    I already love the typing experience on this thing, it's unbelievable! I now how to add contacts, text, BBM, email, add pics, make avatars... But I'm still iffy on the security system: What exactly is a picture password? I can't find a tutorial on this anywhere...
    06-04-14 08:11 PM
    Use the Help app.
    HOW on earth will I get comfortable with the Q10???-img_20140604_201640.png

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-04-14 08:17 PM
    You don't need to use a picture password if you don't want, just use a normal one if you prefer.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 08:25 PM
    I see... Thanks, that helps a lot!
    06-04-14 09:49 PM
    You don't need to use a picture password if you don't want, just use a normal one if you prefer.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. My wife just cannot get the hang of picture password so she sticks to the regular one.

I on the other hand absolutely love it. Can't see my self going back.

Try it for a few days. Once you get it it's worth it and I think more secure.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 11:21 PM
    I've had my Q10 almost a year and I'm just getting comfortable with it. I stopped using it for months and used a nexus 5. Now I can't put it down.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 01:34 AM
    I was so use to the Q10 almost right away. Ive had a few issues but the phone is great and when I bring my 9930 out to charge, yikes still a good phone but the OS is old but still works with items BB10 dont have but I use the 9930 for a clock in my office, lol and its hooked up the the home wifi and still can surf and do limited items with it off the sprint network
    06-05-14 03:58 PM
    It's slowly getting easier. I am amazed that the browser smokes my Galaxy Note Pro tablet browser, lol. There's no hiccups, no lag, everything happens when it should, how it should. A superb little machine, I'm glad I switched.
    06-06-14 10:57 AM
    So I guess the answer to your question was..... by spending more time on it.............
    06-06-14 04:13 PM
    Having used an OS7 BB Bold and a Q10 I can tell you once you get used to the gesturing, you'll forget what a trackpad was. The Q10 with BB10 gives a very fluent user interaction experience.
    andy957 likes this.
    06-06-14 04:21 PM
    CrackBerry.com is great for various help related aspects with exception of their app. It's been over a year since BB10 lunch and their app still doesn't support such basic functionality as being able to add articles to your favorites.
    Why do I constantly have to search for the same info or go to outside applications such as my browser or Reedit to keep track of my most referenced articles is beyond me. All they should do is add Favourites into their app menu on the left and allow marking articles as favorites so that they are stored under that menu item. That's it. Please do that @CrackBerry.com Thank you.

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    gokulesh and andy957 like this.
    06-06-14 04:32 PM
28 12