I have my BB 9850 Torch which I love but it fails me in Weak Signal areas. My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S3 4G and she can do calls inside when I am outside looking for some signal. We have Verizon and get coverage almost anywhere. I finally went back to my Bold to at least have a phone to use.

So do the Q10 or Z10 do well in low signal areas??
    07-10-13 04:02 PM
    I have my BB 9850 Torch which I love but it fails me in Weak Signal areas. My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S3 4G and she can do calls inside when I am outside looking for some signal. We have Verizon and get coverage almost anywhere. I finally went back to my Bold to at least have a phone to use.

So do the Q10 or Z10 do well in low signal areas??
    Some people are reporting many dropped calls, but others aren't. It all depends on your carrier as well.

I'm on Verizon and in bad areas I can make calls/use data in areas where I wouldn't have been able using my iPhone.
    07-10-13 05:20 PM
    On Verizon here also an the Q had great signal in my opinion. I have always had good signal with blackberry devices in the past.

Posted via CB10
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-10-13 05:41 PM
    I've been with AT&T since 1999 and I've had the same doctors office. It's well known that the medical building made of brick offers little to no signal and my previous phone was useless there. Yesterday while waiting for my wife I was surprised a call came in and it wasn't dropped. Very unscientific but...

Posted via CB10
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-10-13 05:56 PM
    Is there a OS update that is better for reception? I love the phone but I went back to my Bold and I can walk all around the house and never drop a call. With the Torch I had to set by a window or go outside!! Verizon said nothing has changed, but it has. Its either the phone or the the tower. And I changed the phone and bingo it works.
    The phone has been dropped a couple times but no damage and everything seemed to work. Loose connection to the antenna?
    07-11-13 07:25 AM
    The Q10 does poorly in weak signal areas in my experience. I cannot talk with the phone up to my right ear without the fear of dropping the call. My old Motorola Bionic, that I used prior, never had that issue. I have sat across the table at my neighbor across the street and her iPhone4 had all the bars and my Q10 was bouncing between 1 and 2 bars. Both of us are Verizon users. Just received a Blackberry HS-700 headset and that solved the problem. I can set the phone in a better location and make and receive calls with no problem. Everyone I have spoke to since receiving the headset says my call quality is so much better. That being said, I love both my Q10 and HS-700 headset and would not go back. Good luck.
    07-11-13 05:28 PM