Hey, guys.
    I used Bold 9700.
    But I just bought Q10.
    Basically, it's so different.
    And unfortunately I don't know how to use shortcuts.
    I searched about shortcuts.
    But there's just shortcuts list not to how to use it.
    The problem is If I type P or B or whatever on home screen and then search bar shows up.
    I want to use shortcuts.
    Please help me..
    10-08-13 11:58 PM
    This is the single reason I moved back to Android after being a BB user for years. Loved the keyboard but they have removed the shortcuts- for reasons that continue to baffle me. I was so used to pressing M for messages etc and all that is gone. Cant use Quicklaunch- the one app I had on all my BB;s.
    10-09-13 03:51 AM
    Oh my God.
    That's why I can't use the Quick launch!
    That was very convenient but they removed it?
    If I knew that maybe I didn't buy Q10.
    But thanks, though.
    Good to know.
    10-09-13 10:25 AM
    there are still some shortcut keys...maybe a search will turn up the list. and i am guessing more will be added with OS updates. they have also expanded the universal search, so that you can send a text, email, Facebook update, etc, directly from the home screen.
    10-09-13 01:13 PM
    Yes, I miss this feature.

My commonly use shortcut keys are: 'B' for browser, 'U' for calculator, 'L' for calender.

Hopefully BB will incorporate this soon.
    10-17-13 06:23 AM
    Yes, I miss this feature.

My commonly use shortcut keys are: 'B' for browser, 'U' for calculator, 'L' for calender.

Hopefully BB will incorporate this soon.
    10-17-13 06:24 AM
    I understand that pressing one button for a program is THE fastest.... but honestly, with the universal search... if you want the calendar... all you type is "cale" and the calendar program shows up... it literally takes an extra second.. after all, you ARE on a physical keyboard that you probably dont have to look down at to type on.... I HIGHLY doubt that this extra second warrants the need to return the phone for MOST people... so maybe thats why OS10 works like this... of course, there will ALWAYS be those picky vocal few that will let this make them return the phone...
    Ben1232 likes this.
    10-17-13 07:56 AM
    It's just a feeling that I have that most of the people complaining so loudly about the shortcomings of this phone such as the lack of shortcuts, etc never even tried one for themselves. There are shortcuts : U for last unread message, N for next day, R - reply, L- reply to all, F - forward and many others but you have to use the phone and document a bit about it. One the other hand when you have a touchscreen not all the shortcuts from previous models are needed.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 09:50 AM
    It's just a feeling that I have that most of the people complaining so loudly about the shortcomings of this phone such as the lack of shortcuts, etc never even tried one for themselves. There are shortcuts : U for last unread message, N for next day, R - reply, L- reply to all, F - forward and many others but you have to use the phone and document a bit about it. One the other hand when you have a touchscreen not all the shortcuts from previous models are needed.
    Posted via CB10
    The loss of most of our one-touch shortcuts from the home screen is a major disappointment and loss of core functionality for many of us. It's hard to fathom what they were thinking when they opted to delete these valuable conveniences. So many functions on the Q10 just take longer to get to, or to occur once you get there...all in the name of new functions like harmonizing your social media that a minority of people really care about. The people that wanted lots of bells and whistles went to Apple or Android...and there are plenty of them and they (generally) function better over there. You're not going to out do Apple or Samsung on their playing field.

BBY is for email and business productivity first, and everything else second. Now as time and technology would have it, these other functions have gotten better with BBY over time...it's not like BBY devices haven't had browsing, or a camera, for example. And it's not like those functions haven't continually improved. It's just that those other functions and capabilities are not the products' strong spot, or competitive advantage, relative to the "other guys'" products.

BBY's strength is/was in email/contact management and business productivity -- which is where all these shortcuts and "little moments of delight" come from. That was where BBY has always been better. But no longer, except for the hard keyboard. That's what makes this device still the best for me...that's still an iconic difference for BBY, as long as the other guys don't adopt one on their next generation devices. Then, it could be a shooting gallery for the sweet spot of BBY's core customer base. But I've yet to hear of any such plans, so the competition seems to be leaving that space to BBY (or maybe they are trying to buy it first as part of the break up scenario?).
    10-17-13 12:11 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I think you're missing the point that those shortcuts are within applications, not from the home screen.

I also think you have it backwards: it's not that because we have a touch screen, that not all shortcuts are needed, it's because we have a keyboard (and could have convenience and speed dial keys), that short cuts are possible (and wanted/missed)!

More and quicker is better than fewer and slower. Haven't you seen the AT&T TV commercial with the kids? The kids get it.
    10-17-13 12:31 PM
    I think you're missing the point that those shortcuts are within applications, not from the home screen.

I also think you have it backwards: it's not that because we have a touch screen, that not all shortcuts are needed, it's because we have a keyboard (and could have convenience and speed dial keys), that short cuts are possible (and wanted/missed)!

More and quicker is better than fewer and slower. Haven't you seen the AT&T TV commercial with the kids? The kids get it.
    The homescreen keyboard shortcuts are the only reason I used BlackBerry. Now it's just like any other phone. That and quicklaunch/shortcutme were huge productivity gains vs other systems.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    10-17-13 03:41 PM
    The homescreen keyboard shortcuts are the only reason I used BlackBerry. Now it's just like any other phone. That and quicklaunch/shortcutme were huge productivity gains vs other systems.

Posted via CB10
    The people who invented Blackberry got that. The people who designed all these other devices over the past 15 years got that. The people who created this device didn't talk to those people.
    10-17-13 06:13 PM
    Here is a full list of shortcuts: http://m.crackberry.com/full-list-bl...-q10-shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 06:22 PM
    Here is a full list of shortcuts: http://m.crackberry.com/full-list-bl...-q10-shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    Appreciate the link, but those aren't home screen shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 09:08 PM
    I think SoxFan sum it up quite nicely.

True, getting to Calculator, Calender, Browser now involves just a few extra more swipes, or typing (if they are not smacked right in the 1st page of their home screen). But why settle for a "few more" when that can be simplified to a single key stroke. That's another reason why I buy a Q10 instead of a Z10, thought the universal shortcut is available.

When I was using my 9810, I can afford to hide apps that have universal shortcuts to have more real estate on my home screen (LCD display is always a premium).

Hopefully Blackberry will return this feature to the next update.
    10-21-13 11:47 PM