Q10 with OS. 10.2.1.2102

As soon as you put in the headphone/mic combo it came with it activates the voice control app.

How do I turn this off?

I am just using the headphones/mic for convenience, but I dont want to voice control the phone.

HELP!
    03-18-14 02:40 PM
    You might be pressing the mute button.

Go into voice control settings, and turn off "open with mute key"
    03-18-14 03:15 PM
    I am not pressing the mute button. But based on someone elses post I tried that anyways. It didnt work.

As soon as you plug in the headphones the app launches. I really need to disable it somehow.
    03-18-14 03:21 PM
    Is those headphones only or have you tried others too?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 03:24 PM
    I have the same issue.
    As soon as you connect headset, voice control comes up. if you wiggle the headset connector or turn it in the socket it brings up voice control as well. Type of headphone/headset doesn't matter, tried 4 different ones.

There are at least 5 other threads here where people complain about this and every one has one or more comments on how to not touch mute button. Come on, do you think everyone except you is stupid?

Oh, by the way, in case someone else wants to give a great smart..ss advice, security wipe and battery pull didn't fix the issue either.

This is too F...... annoying. Makes listening to music impossible. I feel like throwing this phone into a wall and getting me something else. I liked blackberry for a while, but if they dont get a fix for this soon (disable voice control?!), I promise, I'm out!!!!

If you know which file to delete in the OS to remove Voice control functionality, please, be so kind and share the info. I'm sure a lot of people will thank you!
    08-09-14 10:03 PM