I shattered my Q10 screen while on a train in Europe. I have gotten my replacement through Insurance and I need to send in the broken device asap. I have tons of photos and videos, that I do not want to lose, on the broken device. Who knows how I can get the pics transferred to my computer via blackberry link or otherwise? Obviously, I could go with bluetooth, dropbox or some other option if my screen weren't shattered and completely blacked out...but my options seem to be very limited without being able to see anything happening on the Q10 screen. Perhaps there's some magical way to see what's happening on screen via micro HDMI, but I'm not sure how it works and I don't have a micro HDMI cable yet.

My Q10 is indeed connected, via USB, to my computer...and I have tried accessing
    my photos and vids directly, as I used to do with my 9900, but although all photos and vids are showing up in Blackberry Link (and have been "backed up") the majority of my pics and vids are not in the photos or videos folders, which are in the media folder of my mounted Blackberry.

Any help on this matter will be GREATLY appreciated.
    Last edited by johnthethird; 07-18-13 at 04:58 PM.
    07-18-13 04:24 PM
    OK, I just tried this is on my Z10 but Q10 should be similar.

Connect the phone by USB to your computer
    Launch BB Link
    Open My computer and wait patiently. You should see 2 new mapped drives appear after a short delay.

I got Y: and Z: which appear to contain all the folders where user content like photos, documents, and music gets stored. One will be the SD card and the other is the internal fixed storage.
    07-18-13 06:57 PM
    OK, I just tried this is on my Z10 but Q10 should be similar.

Connect the phone by USB to your computer
    Launch BB Link
    Open My computer and wait patiently. You should see 2 new mapped drives appear after a short delay.

I got Y: and Z: which appear to contain all the folders where user content like photos, documents, and music gets stored. One will be the SD card and the other is the internal fixed storage.
    clicked on video, shows empty. Wrong
    09-12-14 06:03 PM
    You can try the micro hdmi. Then try and guess what part of the screen to touch while watching it on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 06:43 PM
    If you can backup the old phone, do it and then restore to the new phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:25 PM
    I shattered my Q10 screen while on a train in Europe. I have gotten my replacement through Insurance and I need to send in the broken device asap. I have tons of photos and videos, that I do not want to lose, on the broken device. Who knows how I can get the pics transferred to my computer via blackberry link or otherwise? Obviously, I could go with bluetooth, dropbox or some other option if my screen weren't shattered and completely blacked out...but my options seem to be very limited without being able to see anything happening on the Q10 screen. Perhaps there's some magical way to see what's happening on screen via micro HDMI, but I'm not sure how it works and I don't have a micro HDMI cable yet.

My Q10 is indeed connected, via USB, to my computer...and I have tried accessing
    my photos and vids directly, as I used to do with my 9900, but although all photos and vids are showing up in Blackberry Link (and have been "backed up") the majority of my pics and vids are not in the photos or videos folders, which are in the media folder of my mounted Blackberry.

Any help on this matter will be GREATLY appreciated.
    Sounds to me that USB Mass Storage is set to "enabled". If so, the only thing accessible is the media card and that only from the computer it's connected to. You may be in need of replacing the screen; however, you might be able to do a workaround if you have access to another BB10 device. Set up the second device with USB Mass Storage disabled and Access over Wi-Fi enabled, make sure BlackBerry Link is also enabled access over Wi-Fi, then back up Settings. Swap devices again, then restore that new Settings backup to the old device, and with any luck you should have access via network and/or BlackBerry Link.

I can't guarantee this will work, and additionally the backup you made already should contain all files in Device Memory if a full backup was done. You could skip the above workaround and simply restore to your new device to find out; it's not like you can't do a security wipe or use BlackBerry Link to reset the device if anything isn't to your liking.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:56 PM