Hi all,

I am currently using a 9780. I will be switching to the Q10 in the next week or so. Is it possible to switch over the contacts only from existing device to the new device? I would like to setup all my email accounts manually. I don't mind that the emails are not on the new device since i delete them within a few days.

Thanks
    08-05-13 10:27 AM
    You will have to set up your email accounts manually anyway. The transfer brings over your existing text and BBM messages, your bookmarks and browsing history, your recent call logs, memos and contacts.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:34 AM
    Honestly the easiest way is if you use G-mail. Upload your contacts to Gmail and choose to sync your contacts with your account when you set it up.

This way your phone is constantly backing up your contacts to Google on it's own wirelessly.
    08-05-13 11:11 AM
    When I switched to Q10, I had backed up with BlackBerry protect. When I switched phones I setup everything on the Q10, I disabled contact sync in my outlook email account.

Opened up BlackBerry protect, did a restore, within a half hour all my contacts/memo/ task were there.

BlackBerry protect only allows to do this once as to not duplicate your contacts. If you decide to upgrade to a newer OS/leak, BlackBerry protect will have the option again.

If you have a Gmail or any Web based email account and you want to sync that way just keep the sync on when you set up your email account and give it a few min your contacts will be there.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:20 AM
    When I switched to Q10, I had backed up with BlackBerry protect. When I switched phones I setup everything on the Q10, I disabled contact sync in my outlook email account.

Opened up BlackBerry protect, did a restore, within a half hour all my contacts/memo/ task were there.

BlackBerry protect only allows to do this once as to not duplicate your contacts. If you decide to upgrade to a newer OS/leak, BlackBerry protect will have the option again.

If you have a Gmail or any Web based email account and you want to sync that way just keep the sync on when you set up your email account and give it a few min your contacts will be there.

Posted via CB10
    I realize this is for Q10 however I have not seen this for Z10. I am not seeing Blackberry Protect like I did in my Torch how to force a backup and then do a contact restore. What am I not seeing please.
    08-07-13 04:41 PM
    IntouchApp Contacts (free)
    Contact X ($2.99)
    SMS Backup - which only backs up texts is not free as well

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:47 PM
    Do the following steps:
    1. Sync your 9780 contacts with your outlook
    2. download and install BBlink
    3. Connect your Q10 to BBLink
    4. Configure you BBlink to sync your contacts 1-way from your outlook to your Q10.
    5. Sync your contacts.
    6. Bravo.

If you do the above, you wont encounter problems in future syncing of your Q10 contacts to outlook. I am talking from experience. You can read more from the following link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntacts-824377/
    08-07-13 05:42 PM
    Cool, thanks all. I will keep you posted. Seems easy enough.
    08-07-13 08:57 PM
    You can also take a look at Intouchapp contacts. Works flawlessly for me

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 01:10 AM
    I just used the link. It was easy. No hiccups. This is a really slick phone.
    08-13-13 12:58 AM
    All you need is blue tooth. Pair the two phones and send over the contacts. That's what I did.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:12 AM