I get a text from a service with severe weather warnings. They come in the format of 'xxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx'. I want to save them as a contact so that I can assign them their own alert tone. When I long press them and chose the contact icon, it just takes me to the contacts screen. When I type the contact in, in the above format in the first name, or the business name, it saves as '#6'. When I long press that to edit the info, to assign the tone, it goes to the dialer and says, calling #6.

thanks.
    04-15-14 07:59 AM
    This is the test I did with Yahoo mail. However with Yahoo, it assigns a number to the contact as well.

So, it did add the contact correctly, but if it's coming from popmail, it looks like it'll come from a different # each time. The same thing happens if you get Facebook alerts sent to your phone.

The end result was a test2, that came from 1210100002, which is different from the first #, even though both tests came from the same email address.

Last edited by bigballofyarn; 04-15-14 at 11:53 AM.
    04-15-14 08:22 AM
    Thanks. I got it to save, shows no phone number though and can't find one. It saved under the email name in the email field. Need to get another alert to see if it worked.
    04-15-14 01:13 PM