Recently my Q10 has reception in and out. I pretty much have it narrowed to the antenna. Has anyone done a tutorial on it or have a picture of what the antenna looks like? Thanks Ben
    02-15-15 01:35 PM
    How did you come to the conclusion that it is the antenna? I would be more inclined to think it would be a software issue. There could be various reasons for poor reception also. Anyway, if you insist that it is the antenna, then the "antenna's" are built into this back piece at the bottom. BlackBerry Q10 Rear Housing|Back Cover I am not providing the link to endorse any company, I am just using the link as a description of the part of the Q10 that houses the antenna's.
    02-15-15 02:04 PM
    By the way, the WiFi antenna is under the top rear piece that has the flash for the camera. The cellular antenna's are in the piece that I linked to in the above post.
    02-15-15 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the response, my other post that was more direct was useless. I have 10.2.1.2976 software. I will be ordering a new housing and back plate tomorrow. Thanks again
    02-16-15 02:33 AM
    Thanks for the response, my other post that was more direct was useless. I have 10.2.1.2976 software. I will be ordering a new housing and back plate tomorrow. Thanks again
    Replacing the top rear piece and the rear assembly I linked to are pretty easy to do. Anything more than that gets very difficult if you don't repair phones. There is a copper tape shield and the whole entire black shield under the battery is not replaceable and when removed will not function as required for the phone to work properly. Changing the keyboard or the display should really only be done by a certified repair center. I'm a technician and I have been doing electronic repairs of all kinds for the last 30 years. The shields are there for a reason and must be replaced if removed.
    02-16-15 11:37 AM
    Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I made sure to try and do a factory restore again and still the same issue. Once I get my rear housing and back plate I will carefully pull everything apart and be cautious of tape shields. I am an machinist and can pay attention to detail. Is there a company you can reccomend to order the parts from? Or from you and drop ship? If there's an issue with posting it, please PM me if you want. Thanks again for the help
    02-17-15 12:26 AM
    If you replaced said antenna's then it's not a hardware issue. You're on an old OS - why not update and you also might want to check your carrier signals
    02-17-15 07:09 AM
    Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I made sure to try and do a factory restore again and still the same issue. Once I get my rear housing and back plate I will carefully pull everything apart and be cautious of tape shields. I am an machinist and can pay attention to detail. Is there a company you can reccomend to order the parts from? Or from you and drop ship? If there's an issue with posting it, please PM me if you want. Thanks again for the help
    The link I posted has the parts you need but are a rip off for shipping. Try a seller on ebay called "trinacell". I have bought some parts from them and have been satisfied.
    02-17-15 08:00 AM
    The link I posted has the parts you need but are a rip off for shipping. Try a seller on ebay called "trinacell". I have bought some parts from them and have been satisfied.
    Thanks! Ya the shipping is a rip! I will check ebay right now.
    02-17-15 10:20 AM
    If you replaced said antenna's then it's not a hardware issue. You're on an old OS - why not update and you also might want to check your carrier signals
    Is the 10.3 software made for the Q10? I've done all the updates through my phone and it says everything is current
    02-17-15 10:22 AM
    If you are going to all the trouble of hardware surgery I might suggest doing a simple installation of the latest leaked (Gold Candidate) build first.

You can find Autoloaders (resets to factory) or Blitz (keeps everything safe and intact but takes a lot longer) elsewhere in the forums.

Lots of work has been done to the Radio firmware in the last year.
    02-17-15 10:34 AM