Hi all, I transferred contacts from my iPhone to the Q10 using the Verizon app, but it has associated Facebook information to most of the contacts, which I really do not want. Is there any way to remove this? Please note: Facebook is set to "off" in "Show account in contact list" in Contact settings. How could this have happened?
    06-10-13 03:05 PM
    I'm not sure if there is a simpler way but I logged into my verizon and then when into the contacts section and deleted them from there

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 05:59 PM
    I can't seem to find a way to get to Contact settings! It's been a while how do you get there?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:51 PM
    I can't seem to find a way to get to Contact settings! It's been a while how do you get there?

Posted via CB10
    Open Contacts>swipe from the top down>Settings bar should appear up top. Also to get rid of the FB contacts photo, you have to go to each contact and "UnLink" their Facebook. Then save. The FB photo should disappear as well as any other info linked to FB.
    HeHates likes this.
    06-10-13 11:15 PM
    The contact app automatically links local contacts to facebook contacts if the names are fully matching. There's no way around that unfortunately. You can later unlink manually.
    06-11-13 01:38 AM
    You can go into contacts, pull up the contact and there should be multiple pictures at the top, with a small X next to each one, just hit the X on the one you don't want.

Posted via CB10 using the awesome Q10
    06-11-13 07:40 AM
    You can go into contacts, pull up the contact and there should be multiple pictures at the top, with a small X next to each one, just hit the X on the one you don't want.

Some would work, some doesn't. The best way is to unlink them

- Charles
    06-11-13 11:24 AM
    I have the same problem and the solutions noted above dont work for me. I have unlinked the accounts via pull down settings menu and have also removed photographs one by one using the edit function. Each time, within a couple of days, the pictures return.

Perhaps we're stuck with this but it is certainly annoying so if anyone comes up with a method for permanently eliminating the contact photographs it would be great to hear.
    hockeymom5 likes this.
    06-26-13 02:35 PM
    The only way to not have the Contact upload the picture to your facebook contact is to remove your Facebook contacts from the contact list as stated earlier. You can also change their picture to something saved from your device and it will not change to the facebook one.
    07-10-13 02:54 PM
    Contacts > Personal contact with said picture you want to remove > Links (the icon next to the pencil) and unlink Facebook. I only use Local, SIM and BBM (where applicable) for my contacts.
    hockeymom5 likes this.
    07-10-13 03:10 PM
    This is definitely something developers said "f it we'll fix it later we have a deadline to meet"

it just doesnt compute. And, it's a very annoying situation...for every single person who uses facebook...

you know what i mean?
    hockeymom5 likes this.
    07-10-13 04:22 PM
    This is definitely something developers said "f it we'll fix it later we have a deadline to meet"

it just doesnt compute. And, it's a very annoying situation...for every single person who uses facebook...

you know what i mean?
    Don't really understand what you mean by this because they had this option on my 8530 and it would sync pics to contacts as well...
    07-10-13 04:53 PM
    It worked!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I've been trying to unlink FB from my contacts for 2 days now.
    07-16-13 03:40 PM

I tried this on multiple contacts and it didn't work. Plus, many of the regular lines of info are now multiplied for each contact. For instance, a person with one email address now has that email listed twice as "personal", as well as "work" and "other".
    12-28-13 12:41 PM