I just got a Q10 and im totally new to smart phones im trying to install or download icq mobile and it says downloaded but when I try to open it it says unable to open icqmobile.jad is there a way around this? it seems only way to install icq is in a jad format. after sending sms and got a link to download from.

I read somewhere about going to browser/options/advanced and changing it from wap to internet. but I cant find options anywhere? I have no idea where to look. I don't even know if that will let me open .jad files. anywho can someone help me?

just a funny thought. I thought they called em smart phones. they should be able to do anything! its not so smart if if cant open a jad file. if it cant open a file if its so smart it should automatically figure out how to open it for u and do what ever it needs to do until its open. too bad tho. not so smart if u ask me.
    Last edited by davege43; 01-17-14 at 09:40 AM.
    01-17-14 09:26 AM
    Unfortunately, you can't. The .jad file is an installation file for the legacy BB OS. For BB 10, you have to install apps from BB World, sideload .bar files, or (with 10.2.1.xxxx), load android .apk files.

When I last looked, ICQ wasn't available for BB 10.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-17-14 09:39 AM
    Unfortunately, .jad files are only compatible with older BlackBerry OS devices. BlackBerry 10 no longer uses that format for it's applications, so the file you downloaded is not compatible with the Q10. Sorry

You can check in BlackBerry World to see if there's and ICQ app that's compatible with your Q10. BlackBerry World is the only store front for applications on BlackBerry 10 at this time. The Q10 is capable of running Android applications, however, so if you don't find what you are looking for in BlackBerry World, you can load the Android app. This route is a more advanced route, though.
    01-17-14 09:40 AM
    okay. ill try some other things. smart phone not so smart afterall
    01-17-14 09:57 AM
    okay. ill try some other things. smart phone not so smart afterall
    So tell me...

If I try to open a OSX install package on my Windows8 rig and Windows can't figure out what to do... the blame is really on the OS?

And welcome to the forums!
    senel and rthonpm like this.
    01-17-14 09:59 AM
    I was just talking about icq yesterday with someone at work and they looked at me like I had six heads.. I didn't realize it was still around. Now if only there was a way to find out what my old number was..
    01-17-14 10:08 AM
    heh I was just makin fun of the term "smart phone"
    01-17-14 11:06 AM
    well you can try to do a search for yourself if u remember your account name. or maybe even your email address that u used? ive been using icq for like 16 years lol
    01-17-14 11:08 AM
    well you can try to do a search for yourself if u remember your account name. or maybe even your email address that u used? ive been using icq for like 16 years lol
    Yeah, that's the problem... it's been like 13 or so years since I stopped using it..
    01-17-14 12:32 PM