Hi everyone,

I absolutely love my Q10, I've had it for almost a year and it's everything I've ever wanted in a phone. It's been working wonderfully up until two days ago. I've been in touch with Blackberry via Twitter but they're not much help and to be honest, I'm freaking out a little bit (a lot).

1. The touchscreen is unresponsive.

2. The keyboard is unresponsive.

3. I can't access anything.

The volume and power buttons still work but no matter how many times I've done a hard reset, it's not budging. I'm being alerted when I get texts, messages, emails etc. My alarm still goes off and I have to hit the snooze button to get it to come off because regardless of which buttons I press or how much I swipe, I can't get my phone to work.

I bought this phone from Amazon (yes I know, but I'm poor).

Any help is appreciated. I don't want to get a Samsung (TMobile's suggestion), I don't want an iPhone. A physical keyboard is an absolute necessity for me so I pretty much need to know if this problem is fixable or if I need to get a new phone.

If I do, is it worth it to get the Q10 again or will this happen again? Also, does anyone know how I can get my files, pics, articles etc. from the phone if it really is gone for good?

Thanks in advance!
    12-16-14 02:22 PM
    Does the screen do anything? Sounds like you dropped it, and a few of the ribbon cables came off inside. Surgery isn't too difficult. I'll hunt down a video for you.

12-16-14 05:09 PM
    dissambly your phone carefully...
    try to clean your BOARD only with electronic contact cleaner..especially at connector side (use toothbrush)...
    If still no respon..you must change the keyboard and lcd touch part

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 04:00 AM
    Thanks for the replies! The screen doesn't do anything anymore, it doesn't even take me to the screen to enter my password.

How do I fix the ribbon cables? Do I need to order replacements? Is there a place I can send my phone to get it fixed? I'm worried I'll screw it up further.
    12-17-14 07:23 AM
    Have u tried reloading OS or do a fresh install? If it doesn't work get a new one or wait for the Classic!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-17-14 07:34 AM
    Thanks for the replies! The screen doesn't do anything anymore, it doesn't even take me to the screen to enter my password.

How do I fix the ribbon cables? Do I need to order replacements? Is there a place I can send my phone to get it fixed? I'm worried I'll screw it up further.
    They just push on. If you're afraid to perform surgery, any cellphone repair shop in your area should be able to help you, for a reasonable price. Probably an hour labor, for 10-15min of work. There are also plenty of places online you can find to send it to. I doubt you need any parts. Those two items failing, and the board still working is a very positive sign.
    12-17-14 08:01 AM
    Yeah its not that hard to replace the screen and keyboard. I had to do both because my screen cracked and the double type issue. Now it works flawlessly. As for the flex cables, they state above they just push on. (you feel like a click when it's connected) Just check youtube for tutorials before you do anything. Just to get the feel of it. Hope you get your Q10 fixed.
    pecinta_kopi likes this.
    12-21-14 07:56 AM
    Hi everyone,

So I took my Q10 to a repair shop yesterday and the guy I spoke to said the ribbon cables are intact. He said he's not positive but the problem may be the screen itself. He's charging me about $90 for a new screen, not including labor.

Should I get a second opinion or does this sound legit?

Thanks in advance!
    01-10-15 08:42 AM