Hey guys, my q10 I bought used came with 10.3 installed, and it looks nice, but it's really buggy, so I think I'd like to downgrade. my issues are that it is only showing 1gb of ram in the device manager, which is usually sitting around 870 mb's used, and the phone is not very fast. The other issue is that the camera was working, and then suddenly stopped, giving me the message "the camera could not be started" Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    12-14-14 12:48 PM
    If you still can, return it to the seller. The Q has 2GB of ram. He sold you a preproduction/test unit, unknowingly, let's hope.

Upgrading to 10.3.1.1154 will probably solve your issue, though.
    12-14-14 12:57 PM
    Oh, really? That's interesting. He did mention it was from a software testing/ development company in the states, but I didn't think anything of it. So the test units have less ram? And I'm on 10.3.1.860. Is there an autoloader for the new version?
    12-14-14 01:09 PM
    Wait.. I don't remember a .860 OS version. Is that a software release? Because that would be higher than what we currently have.
    12-14-14 01:16 PM
    Wipe and reload!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-14-14 01:35 PM
    I don't know. That's what it came with. I did find a thread on here, a guy had the same problem. It was suggested to see if Blackberry would trade the phone for a proper q10, because it's an internal testing phone. When I did a security wipe to see if it would fix the problem, something about an internal phone collecting data came up. can't post the url though... don't have enough posts.
    12-14-14 01:37 PM
    Did a wipe. But it only has 1gb ram. That's all.
    12-14-14 01:37 PM
    Can you post a screenshot from the settings > about > os page?

BlackBerry won't likely do anything for you, as they did nothing for our fellow member. He decided to keep it, but you may want to return it to the seller.
    12-14-14 01:43 PM
    Search for Dev Alpha C around here or on the web. It basically was a pre-production test unit for software developers released by BlackBerry. To my knowledge, it only features one gig of RAM, but originally came in a rather ugly housing - which, again to my knowledge, could be changed to the Q10 housing if you had the parts.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 01:45 PM
    Here's my Q10 RAM usage

Before

How do I downgrade from 10.3?-img_20141215_044042.png

After - closing some apps running (in the backgrouund)

How do I downgrade from 10.3?-img_20141215_044259.png

Other than that, my Q10 run smoothly than my Passport (even I don't close apps).

Try to test and load this OS version (Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.1154). Do a backup first (w/ Link) then run a fresh installation. If you don't like it, you can go back to your previous OS anytime and restore everything from Link.

Cheers!

Sent from my Mighty Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-14-14 02:56 PM
    Well, quick update. I managed to exchange the phone, but this one the camera doesn't work either... kinda. Most of the time, it says "camera could not be started" but sometimes, it comes up with a bunch of colourful vertical lines and I can switch to the front camera, and it works fine! Then, when I try and switch back, I get the "can't be started" message. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them! I did know this during the exchange, but he gave me a bit of money back, so I feel the phone is still worth it, even if I can't get the camera to work.
    12-17-14 05:42 PM
    Well, quick update. I managed to exchange the phone, but this one the camera doesn't work either... kinda. Most of the time, it says "camera could not be started" but sometimes, it comes up with a bunch of colourful vertical lines and I can switch to the front camera, and it works fine! Then, when I try and switch back, I get the "can't be started" message. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them! I did know this during the exchange, but he gave me a bit of money back, so I feel the phone is still worth it, even if I can't get the camera to work.
    try to use this os
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...r/td-p/2466747

if your back camera still not working,
    i think that's hadware problem..
    you must change your back camera to fix it

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:53 AM