That's been happening all day, I know it's one
    How do I block calls from unidentified caller?-img_20140310_143518.png of my buddy's. Anyone know how I can block calls from unidentified callers? I had to set my BlackBerry to forward all calls to his number to stop the calls, I also want to get revenge... any suggestions?

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Q10
    03-10-14 03:36 PM
    Not possible due to missing API for know

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:39 PM
    If you know his number just customize and turn all alerts off. Not sure how if you don't. Perhaps your carrier has some tools.

Revenge I'll leave to your imagination.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:41 PM
    How would that help colin?

The phone doesn't know he's ringing.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:49 PM
    I'm with Rogers Wireless and their is a feature where you can block those types of calls.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-10-14 03:54 PM
    How would that help colin?

The phone doesn't know he's ringing.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, Austin, i was in a hurry in that replied. Let me elaborate.

1. You have to know your buddy's number and he has to be one of your contacts.
    2. Customize that contact to have a silent phone notification.

Of course this means once e your buddy stops pocket/**** dialing you (I suspect) you'll have to re-enable notifications for him.

Is that a little clearer?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 07:23 PM
    Okay, sometimes I get spam calls from 1-800 numbers or 1-647 numbers.

And I would have to add those 1-800 numbers as my contacts, in order for me to ignore calls from them?

I am on a Galaxy S3 right now and there is an option for "automatic-reject" where I could just add a known number as an automatic reject and I don't even get any notification nor do I need to add the unwanted number as my contact.

I do not think it is possible to block calls from unidentified number, but is it possible to auto-reject calls WITHOUT adding the number as a contact?

Come on Blackberry.....
    03-10-14 07:44 PM
    I just started a similar thread (complaint) on page three "Phone number blocker for Q10" .
    Yes it is a very frustrating situation and no solution yet because BB has to release some techno-jargon for it before they
    can develop an app. to do it properly.
    The currently offered apps. do not work well in my opinion as the nuisance blocked number will still ring your phone. Only, it shows on the display that you have blocked it. Still a pain in the you know what. Unless you add all those numbers as a contact and silent the ring tone for those calls.
    I've been trying to send BB in as many ways as I can a message to release the "whatever" and let the app. get developed already.
    I suggest everyone else do the same. Maybe they will get the message.
    Good Luck
    03-11-14 08:59 PM
    Sorry, Austin, i was in a hurry in that replied. Let me elaborate.

1. You have to know your buddy's number and he has to be one of your contacts.
    2. Customize that contact to have a silent phone notification.

Of course this means once e your buddy stops pocket/**** dialing you (I suspect) you'll have to re-enable notifications for him.

Is that a little clearer?

Posted via CB10
    Would that actually work? I'll try this tomorow at school... should be interesting, the little b****** used Tasker and set it to call me every minute.. the a**hole

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Q10
    03-11-14 09:06 PM
    two ways to do it

way #1- set in parental control, to allow call only from contact numbers
    way #2- change the phone, since this sh!t doesn't support a proper call blocker, or a way to block unidentified numbers
    04-15-14 07:47 AM
    two ways to do it

way #1- set in parental control, to allow call only from contact numbers
    way #2- change the phone, since this sh!t doesn't support a proper call blocker, or a way to block unidentified numbers
    To be honest...you are right.
    BB10 is half-baked, somebody can call crap.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:54 PM
    I have the Android App "Mr. Number" installed. When you go to the "block numbers" list, a few of the options include:

-Suspected spam
    -All private/blocked numbers

Try that.
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-15-14 01:26 PM
    I have the Android App "Mr. Number" installed. When you go to the "block numbers" list, a few of the options include:

-Suspected spam
    -All private/blocked numbers

Try that.
    When you get a call from a number that you decide to block, can you invoke this app right from the phone app? That would be the handiest way, but something tells me that won't be possible.
    04-15-14 02:08 PM
    I just tried it out to see what happens exactly. I haven't had to use that app in a long time. I added my work number to my block list. I exited the app completely. I called my cellphone from my work phone and the call went through. I opened the app, but put it in the background to do something else. I called myself again from my work phone and it went straight to voicemail. My cellphone didn't ring. I remember it working differently(and possibly better) in an older version.

Edit:
    What actually works better for me is when I set call forwarding to go to a fake number. You can either put it under the calls you reject, or the ones you don't reply to depending upon your needs. You'll still see that you have missed calls, but they won't be forwarded to voicemail. They'll just think your # is disconnected.
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-15-14 02:17 PM
    I just tried it out to see what happens exactly. I haven't had to use that app in a long time. I added my work number to my block list. I exited the app completely. I called my cellphone from my work phone and the call went through. I opened the app, but put it in the background to do something else. I called myself again from my work phone and it went straight to voicemail. My cellphone didn't ring. I remember it working differently(and possibly better) in an older version.

Edit:
    What actually works better for me is when I set call forwarding to go to a fake number. You can either put it under the calls you reject, or the ones you don't reply to depending upon your needs. You'll still see that you have missed calls, but they won't be forwarded to voicemail. They'll just think your # is disconnected.
    WTF are you saying ! Have you tried anything of what you said or you are just making up stuff ?

You CAN NOT use an android app to block numbers on blackberry, since blackberry doesn't have the api to do it !

As 28-apr-14 is NOT possible to block unidentified numbers, not even with call forwarding because you can't add the unidentified number to your contacts, the only way is to block all incoming calls (how smart !) or to use parental control and block all calls except for those on your contacts, we can only hope to have this essential feature in the forthcoming 10.3 built.

What bothers me the most is for the BB dev team would be extremely simple to add a call blocker as a native app since the code is already there within "parental control" app, call blocker function should be in from the first OS built. There are literally thousand of this requests in all BB forums even the officials, seems BB gives a f*ck about their loyal users requests. How can a self called "enterprise" phone lacks a call blocking feature, Is uncompressible to me !! not to mention every phone out there, android, ios, windows, nokia supports this feature.
    04-28-14 06:22 PM