Hi Guys...

Have a question about this feature that quite annoying. Especially when you're showing your Q10 to friend (Pictures album, or browsing etc) and bbm is received. There's a white bar on top of the screen shows bbm contact and his/her message.

I hope anyone knows what im talking about. It happened when I was on Whatsapp, or browsing. basically on something else other than BBM. When someone's bbm-ed me, the top white bar will show.

Now how to disable it?

Thanks in advanced.
    03-17-15 11:17 PM
    It's called instant preview. You can disable by going to settings---notifications.
    03-17-15 11:32 PM
    They are called instant previews and they show up for most types of notifications/chats or otherwise.

If you want to disable all you can go into settings/notifications, select the profile/profiles you use, scroll down till you see instant view and you can turn it off. If you want to not turn off for all but just a certain app, on this same page (in your selected profile) towards the top click on custom notifications and select the app/apps you wish to not see instant previews off and turn them off individually.

If you just need these for BBM another way is through BBM itself. Open BBM and swipe down from the top and open settings. Scroll down till you see a button called edit instant preview. It'll show you a list of all your contacts and they are highlighted. Deselect the ones you wish not to see instant previews from. Another is to go to the contact section in BBM and long press the contact you wish not to see instant previews from. From the settings that slide in select the hide instant preview (eye icon).

These methods will stop instant previews completely until you turn them on again. If you only wish to have them off while giving your phone to someone else, you can use one of the notification profiles that by default has instant previews off (one is bedside). This way all you do is change your profile and hand over the phone, no instant previews will show up during this time. And once you have it back just change back your profile to the your usual and all is back to normal. you can also create a custom notifications profile for this purpose if you really want to get fancy.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:35 PM
    Also if the thing they are using it for does not require Internet, you can turn off your wifi or mobile network before handing it over. No Internet no messages and no instant previews.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:40 PM
    Thanks for the helps guys....

But it doesn't work for bbm group, does it?
    03-18-15 12:05 AM
    Thanks for the helps guys....

But it doesn't work for bbm group, does it?
    Iv never had a BBM group. I don't see an option to turn it off individually, but turning off all BBM instant previews or all instant previews of any kind should do it in my opinion. Try and let us know what happens.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 12:19 AM
    Thanks So much Swash99 for the helpful information.
    03-18-15 12:27 AM