Would be pretty cool to have a android version of this blackberry

Posted from my favorite Q10
    ArbuckleWillis likes this.
    03-15-19 10:00 AM
    I think more here want a Classic version or a Passport version.... few want the smaller Q5 version. Even some want a BOLD or Curve version. But there are many Q10 lovers too - and it would be more likly as Android isn't setup for a toolbelt. Lot of people want different versions of the PKB format.

But reality is the PKB market is tiny and not sure it will support very many PKB options... any of those would eat into KEY sales, which might not be enough as it is. And then there is the pesky fact that Android doesn't support 1x1 screens.
    ArbuckleWillis likes this.
    03-15-19 10:13 AM
    I really hate recently too big phones.I like Q10 or at least smaller than classic.

So I don't want to use even BlackBerry Key1,2.
    I just want middle size phone such as Q10 or classic.

I wish if...
    1) If somebody made custom rom for BB10 phone.Such as Lineage OS,or Mokee,etc.

2)If BlackBerry made the BlackBerry 11 OS that supports newest or at least 6.1 Android.

Posted via CB10
    RCJ28 likes this.
    03-15-19 10:39 AM
    I really hate recently too big phones.I like Q10 or at least smaller than classic.

So I don't want to use even BlackBerry Key1,2.
    I just want middle size phone such as Q10 or classic.

I wish if...
    1) If somebody made custom rom for BB10 phone.Such as Lineage OS,or Mokee,etc.

2)If BlackBerry made the BlackBerry 11 OS that supports newest or at least 6.1 Android.

Posted via CB10
    As long as you know your wishes aren't going to come true... unless you find a magic lamp with a Genie in it. But I think there is a rule about bring back the dead...
    03-15-19 11:22 AM
    If there was anything new resembling a Q10, Bold or Classic I'd buy five of them! I have a Key2 LE which is a good phone in its own right but I'm typing on the Q10 right now because of that faithful PKB which is still superior to the Key series.
    Customer emails still get efficient replies because of this keyboard. The world has changed; it's a shame we are not a large enough group to influence the marketplace but the Key2 LE has been pretty easy to live with. I do not miss any of my old iphones.
    Slabs are for kids. We know better.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 and elfabio80 like this.
    04-19-19 01:02 AM
    My Q10 is not perfect, but people for me. It does what it was intended to be a mobile communications device not a mobile entertainment center. Has great size, PKB and replaceable batteries. These key features have been disregarded in favor of Dissatisfaction with what you have in order to generate demand and sales! This has led to increasing size, poor pkb(?) and permanent batteries.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-19 10:41 AM
    Would be pretty cool to have a android version of this blackberry

Posted from my favorite Q10

I am not certain . . . I think what makes the Q, the PD, PP, etc good is not only the size and the PKB, but also the OS, or perhaps rather the focus of the OS: phone and text.

It seems everything is built around those two simple tasks. Call quality was always good, as was reception. Ability for speed dial, multi colour LED for contacts and on and on. Great out of the box file manager, etc. Quick and easy multi language. I could continue.

Other OS, in addition on the focus of selling something and tracking, also try to be all things to all people and hence become mediocre for those with a specific task(S).

With all that in mind, Android, or indeed Blandroid is lacking in the great out of the box focus on calls and text, text defined as emails, SMS, MMS, BBM, etc.
    05-07-19 09:07 PM