I tried my best to figure this one out but couldn't. Ever since upgrading to 10.3.1 on my Q10 messages older than 3 weeks are deleted automatically. This includes mail, sms, chat and even phone logs. I have more than 60% of space left of the phone and an almost empty media card available. Is this a problem of the new OS version? Has anyone else had the same problem? Please help.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 02:33 AM
    It's the normal behaviour for email and you can remote search on the server if 30 days old or more. You can change this when you create your account on the phone, not after, but it's not recommended for a mobile platform...

It's not a normal behaviour for SMS though. All should be kept on your device.
    04-06-15 06:41 AM
    You can change the amount of email to synchronize to your device by going to Settings > Accounts, tap on your account, and then tap on Advanced, you'll then see a sync time frame towards the bottom of the page. By default this is set to 30 days, but you can choose "Forever" if you want all of your email on your device.

I however do not recommend doing this unless absolutely necessary as your device will need to pull down more content over the air, resulting in a slightly longer delay when syncing if you have a lot of messages plus it will use more mobile data. With the Remote Search functionality as stated above, you can search through any past email messages stored on the server and this is generally more efficient.
    04-06-15 09:48 AM
    Thanks guys for the help. Email is from the likes of yahoo, hotmail, work and uni so there is no BES services. I use the pop protocol so email from the inbox download on to my BlackBerry and delete from the server after 2 weeks. Because of this issue I have kept a server copy but that means every time I want to refer to something older than 3 weeks I have to go online and login to my mail. I am the only one in my workplace with a BlackBerry all the rest are on android or iOS, their pop email is with them forever.

Zerdialous, I went to accounts and tapped on the mail, but there is no advance setting. But I do have a sync time frame option and its maximum is 90 days. Currently its set for 30 days but my mail gets deleted way before that.

Have got a OS copy that still have some development bugs? But I got the current version by over the air from the phones update option, so it is directly from BlackBerry. Any other ideas?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:30 PM
    But I do have a sync time frame option and its maximum is 90 days. Currently its set for 30 days but my mail gets deleted way before that.

Have got a OS copy that still have some development bugs? But I got the current version by over the air from the phones update option, so it is directly from BlackBerry.
    POP is really not mobile friendly. Check your OS version by typing "myver" without the quotes and followed by a space in your next post. Here what you can find in 10.3.1.2243 :Attachment 346054
    That said, don't forget how POP worked. Each email read by a client is "pop(ed)" from the server. That means : if you use multiple email clients, like your phone and a desktop one, the first to "pop" will get the emails, the other will see nothing.

What about your SMS ? Are you sure you have lost old ones ? I still have SMS from 9 months ago...

Don't know what you call "chat" as there are a tremendous number of apps for that, with their own rules

Call logs are limited to 30 days though.
    04-06-15 08:39 PM
    Hi Joshu, this is my version Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2576 .

I didn't have this problem before updating to 10.3.1.2576. I use the same settings I have been using for the last 2 years. When I was in 10.2 version I had email as old as an year on my phone. It's just with the new OS I upgraded to a month ago is giving this problem.

Unless, there is another solution I guess I will have to do a wipe, and re install the OS. Hopefully next time it will not have the problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 03:17 AM
    Thank you. So you confirmed that you "pop" your email account only with your phone, and your Sync Timeframe setting doesn't work as expected ?

I assume you have enough space left on the device right ?
    04-14-15 04:40 AM
    Hi Joshu,

Yes plenty of space on phone (more than 5GB) and over 8GB on media card. It's just that the hub does not retain the pop email for longer than 2 weeks. For example right now it only has email up until 4th of April. Before the update my mail downloaded and the hub retained it indefinitely. Now it's a 10 day retention period.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 11:44 PM