I love you. Mods can delete this thread- I don't want to think about it anymore. I realize there are some great points of reference but it might be better to /delete

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 04:08 AM
    Best advice:

Step 1: Turn off phone
    Step 2: never turn on phone again
    Step 3: only talk to people in person
    Step 4: result in paying for things in cash only
    Step 5: cover your windows with newspapers after you are done reading them for the news because having a computer is out of the question
    Step 6: have 2-3 locks on your door and change the locks weekly
    Step 7: burn all forms of identification so identity cannot be stolen

Posted via CB10
    Sounds a lot like North Korea.
    09-07-14 08:31 AM
    I'm more paranoid about driving and my phone getting hot... maybe because I drove through a weak signal area? but I didn't check my phone while I was driving. I am not needlessly concerned; someone straight up stalked me

Posted via CB10
    Your phone searching for a signal in a low/no signal area will DEFINITELY cause your device to heat up and for your battery to drain. When I had Sprint service and traveled to some areas with no coverage, my phone heated up like a hot potato and my battery went from 100% to 40% in about an hour - just from the fruitless search for a network. I've read that CDMA is worse than GSM for this kind of thing but it happens to all brands of phones.
    09-07-14 08:33 AM
    Have you checked to see if you have hidden cameras in the house? Maybe the house is bugged as well.....hmmmm
    09-07-14 08:36 AM
    Tracking device on your car maybe?....
    09-07-14 08:37 AM
    Have you checked to see if you have hidden cameras in the house? Maybe the house is bugged as well.....hmmmm
    Maybe I know, maybe I don't. Maybe you know?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 06:44 PM
    Probably my old car. Would explain this annoying beeping sound I used to hear through the speakers. Maybe I had the po five examine it before I sold the car... but then again maybe not.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 06:48 PM
    Why are you "lurking" the Q10 forums when you don't even have that phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:01 PM
    Why are you "lurking" the Q10 forums when you don't even have that phone?

Posted via CB10
    Someone is paying me to check on you....
    09-07-14 07:05 PM
    Someone is paying me to check on you....
    Lol. Well then scramble the truth!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:20 PM
    Lol. Well then scramble the truth!

Posted via CB10
    Lol
    09-07-14 07:25 PM
    Lol
    If I wasn't me I'd stalk me too I guess lol

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:37 PM
    Bro I'm on the q10 right now. My question is how can my q10 be hacked

Posted via CB10
    Your Q10 can be hacked a bunch of ways. If you leave wifi sharing enabled and join a network someone can brute force your file password and get at your documents.

You setup a BBID. This connects to an email address. If they gain access to either they can track and monitor you.

Mind you there are also something like 500 known fake cell towers in the US. And you could be bouncing data off them anytime.

Not to mention any website you visit that uses http instead of https means the data your submitting is available to hackers on the net.

And all that isn't even including poor app development loop holes. Android apps with potential spyware. Or the fact that your accounts are sitting on cloud servers - where staff at those remote companies (I.E. At amazon for an amazon aws cloud server) can be accessed by any service agent for the company your using + cloud service techs. And even your ISP, BlackBerry and other network techs who likely have access at any point in time.

Point is - your data's already exposed to someone. The question is really what are the odds they will use it against you.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-07-14 07:46 PM
    Jk.. that's similar to a jay z lyric.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Pasha_M5; 09-07-14 at 08:08 PM.
    09-07-14 07:48 PM
    Your Q10 can be hacked a bunch of ways. If you leave wifi sharing enabled and join a network someone can brute force your file password and get at your documents.

You setup a BBID. This connects to an email address. If they gain access to either they can track and monitor you.

Mind you there are also something like 500 known fake cell towers in the US. And you could be bouncing data off them anytime.

Not to mention any website you visit that uses http instead of https means the data your submitting is available to hackers on the net.

And all that isn't even including poor app development loop holes. Android apps with potential spyware. Or the fact that your accounts are sitting on cloud servers - where staff at those remote companies (I.E. At amazon for an amazon aws cloud server) can be accessed by any service agent for the company your using + cloud service techs. And even your ISP, BlackBerry and other network techs who likely have access at any point in time.

Point is - your data's already exposed to someone. The question is really what are the odds they will use it against you.

Posted via CB from my LE
    A lot of great material here, good piece.

Whoever stalks someone else has loser-denial, and therefore is a loser.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    09-07-14 07:51 PM
    Oh yea I'll just change all my passwords tomorrow. Nbd ..that would work right?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Passwords are deterrents. The more you change your password the longer it delays being hacked.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-07-14 08:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Password keeper from BlackBerry is safe. Just try to remember 1 complex password then let password keeper do the rest for you.

Do not use clouds.

Turn off location under settings when you are not using it.

Dont use dodgy public wifi.

I think you have the rest covered.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 08:37 PM
    So password keeper > enpass ?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 08:51 PM
    So password keeper > enpass ?

Posted via CB10
    I don't use password keepers myself... because it creates a potential single point of failure. Imagine someone grabs the full list? But fully agree with the above otherwise.

If you want a good ted talks on passwords:

The over arching question about security on the whole is much, much harder. As the guys above said - keep away from the cloud and services. But assume anything you put on the net as a ticking time bomb. Anything local on your device is less so, but who knows what exploits will popup in the future!

The reality is though, most security is bypassed these days with social engineering in my experience. Cracking systems and exploiting holes next. Brute force and guesses and dictionaries usually come last. But it depends on the person and system...

Posted via CB from my LE
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    09-07-14 10:23 PM
    In the beginning I had the same doubts, but the native Password Keeper from BlackBerry is safe.
    All data stored in Password Keeper cannot be accessed by other apps.

Some users even claim that this is inconvenient, because apps like "BackupPro" can backup everything but not Password Keeper.
    Only application that can backup Password Keeper is BlackBerry Link on your computer (the backup file is encrypted).

Actually, if you start using Password Keeper, you should make a backup with BlackBerry Link.

If you are true-paranoid, you could disable the copy-paste function of Password Keeper to prevent that a copy-pasted password stays in the RAM, which can be accessed by other apps...but that would be award-winning paranoia.
    Actually I back up password keeper to my SD card before I load a new leak OS. Then I restore and delete file. So is it encrypted on my SD card for all of two hours it's on there?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 11:15 PM
96 ... 234