...that pops up if you are viewing playable media in you brower...You Tube for example...it just means that the media player was active...

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant. Thanks. I think it was like an ad on the screen that set it off...I'm going to turn the lights on in my room again and come out from under the covers.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 12:36 PM
    I just closed my browser app and while doing it a play button icon appeared next to my battery icon and then disappeared. I've never seen this before. .....

Posted via CB10
    Guess you got hacked.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-06-14 01:29 PM
    Guess you got hacked.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Lol, now OP won't sleep tonight...
    09-06-14 01:29 PM
    Brilliant. Thanks. I think it was like an ad on the screen that set it off...I'm going to turn the lights on in my room again and come out from under the covers.

Posted via CB10
    Who's that peeping through your window??
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-06-14 01:30 PM
    Lol. I hope you all drop your phones into a pool or something just awful happens to you.

Jk

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 01:45 PM
    Lol. I hope you all drop your phones into a pool or something just awful happens to you.

Jk

Posted via CB10
    I have the life case....
    09-06-14 02:22 PM
    I have the life case....
    A pool of lava

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 02:40 PM
    It's a federal law that you can't record someone without their permission.

Posted via CB10
    That is limited to some states. In my state I don't need permission.
    09-06-14 03:36 PM
    That is limited to some states. In my state I don't need permission.
    Lol. What state do you live in.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 03:51 PM
    09-06-14 04:33 PM
    Good article. But a lot of people on here have spoken against the password manager apps-

I'd assume that the one made for blackberry is pretty solid. I should prob use it because I'm always forgetting passwords and having to reset

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 04:41 PM
    Good article. But a lot of people on here have spoken against the password manager apps-

I'd assume that the one made for blackberry is pretty solid. I should prob use it because I'm always forgetting passwords and having to reset

Posted via CB10
    In the beginning I had the same doubts, but the native Password Keeper from BlackBerry is safe.
    All data stored in Password Keeper cannot be accessed by other apps.

Some users even claim that this is inconvenient, because apps like "BackupPro" can backup everything but not Password Keeper.
    Only application that can backup Password Keeper is BlackBerry Link on your computer (the backup file is encrypted).

Actually, if you start using Password Keeper, you should make a backup with BlackBerry Link.

If you are true-paranoid, you could disable the copy-paste function of Password Keeper to prevent that a copy-pasted password stays in the RAM, which can be accessed by other apps...but that would be award-winning paranoia.
    09-06-14 06:44 PM
    Lol. What state do you live in.

Posted via CB10
    Virginia

One Part Consent Law
    http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/reco...-conversations

http://www.aapsonline.org/judicial/telephone.htm
    09-06-14 07:20 PM
    I'm more paranoid about driving and my phone getting hot... maybe because I drove through a weak signal area? but I didn't check my phone while I was driving. I am not needlessly concerned; someone straight up stalked me

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:30 PM
    The first article basically says it's almost always illegal to record someone without consent. If I sued you in Virginia for that I'd have the suit moved to federal court in Virginia because federal law applies etc

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:35 PM
    In the beginning I had the same doubts, but the native Password Keeper from BlackBerry is safe.
    All data stored in Password Keeper cannot be accessed by other apps.

Some users even claim that this is inconvenient, because apps like "BackupPro" can backup everything but not Password Keeper.
    Only application that can backup Password Keeper is BlackBerry Link on your computer (the backup file is encrypted).

Actually, if you start using Password Keeper, you should make a backup with BlackBerry Link.

If you are true-paranoid, you could disable the copy-paste function of Password Keeper to prevent that a copy-pasted password stays in the RAM, which can be accessed by other apps...but that would be award-winning paranoia.
    Native password keeper? I'm looking for it on the phone but can't find it... I downloaded "enpass".

Also under settings, device passwords, I keep turning 'apps extend lock time' to off, go back and it's turned on again. Wtf..

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:43 PM
    Best advice:

Step 1: Turn off phone
    Step 2: never turn on phone again
    Step 3: only talk to people in person
    Step 4: result in paying for things in cash only
    Step 5: cover your windows with newspapers after you are done reading them for the news because having a computer is out of the question
    Step 6: have 2-3 locks on your door and change the locks weekly
    Step 7: burn all forms of identification so identity cannot be stolen

Posted via CB10
    ziggy3055 likes this.
    09-06-14 07:49 PM
    Native password keeper? I'm looking for it on the phone but can't find it... I downloaded "enpass".

Also under settings, device passwords, I keep turning 'apps extend lock time' to off, go back and it's turned on again. Wtf..

Posted via CB10
    Password Keeper can be downloaded in BlackBerry World.
    The developer is BlackBerry and the app is free.
    09-06-14 07:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Password Keeper
    09-06-14 07:55 PM
    Best advice:

Step 1: Turn off phone
    Step 2: never turn on phone again
    Step 3: only talk to people in person
    Step 4: result in paying for things in cash only
    Step 5: cover your windows with newspapers after you are done reading them for the news because having a computer is out of the question
    Step 6: have 2-3 locks on your door and change the locks weekly
    Step 7: burn all forms of identification so identity cannot be stolen

Posted via CB10
    Maybe go live up in the mountains or something...
    09-06-14 07:56 PM
    The first article basically says it's almost always illegal to record someone without consent. If I sued you in Virginia for that I'd have the suit moved to federal court in Virginia because federal law applies etc

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure if we are reading the same info?

Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation. Furthermore, if you are not a party to the conversation, a "one-party consent" law will allow you to record the conversation or phone call so long as your source consents and has full knowledge that the communication will be recorded.
    09-06-14 08:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, I always keep that "on", because I like to listen to my music without any interruptions.

As long as the device is automatically locked after a certain time, then everything is fine.
    Have 50 apps installed, some with the headless permission (= keep running in the background after closure)... but my device always locks itself after 30 minutes.
    09-06-14 08:05 PM
    I I am not needlessly concerned; someone straight up stalked me
    Posted via CB10
    Your phone is safe.

It's extremly difficult to mess up the settings on a blackberry so badly that one can get stalked.
    Yeah, under certain circumstances one could get stalked through facebook, whatsapp, twitter...uhm, crackberry, but that is "user-dependent".

What I would do, if I were you:
    Hand your pc and your router over to an expert and learn a few basics (it's not that much).
    Most attacks are against pcs and routers.

You can also test your router security on websites like
    https://pentest-tools.com/discovery-...er-online-nmap

There are certainly also some tech-websites which can challenge the-mail client on your pc (by sending some test mails), your browser... etc etc..
    09-06-14 08:22 PM
    I just read about "mobile spy" for blackberry. This is basically the end all of spy apps that was on my iphone.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 02:44 AM
    Yes, but that program/service isn't compatible with BlackBerry 10 devices. You're fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 03:45 AM
96 1234