What about sim pin lock?

Posted via CB10
    Some companies obsessed with security enforce a SIM pin lock via IT Policy. For me, that's overkill. I don't encrypt my media card either, but then I only keep pictures/videos/music on it so I don't care if someone sees it.
    09-04-14 09:05 AM
    ~Blackberry = not blackberry

Posted via CB10
    relax, you should be fine. after all the guy who hacked the blackphone couldn't hack bb10 so its safe to say for now that nobody is able to hack it.
    09-04-14 09:24 AM
    FIrst... there actually is not a constitutional right to privacy.... Just by agrreeing to the TOS when you first setup your phone...installing software..... you are legally giving up privacy... Depending on your carrier..... you give up some privacy just signing a contract..... as for hacking... a great deal of it depends on where the user goes... Like using a PC... it depends on what your surting habits are and what you download....as mentioned.. most of us are not important enough to get hacked..... If you do not have financial or embarassing pics or videos on you device... what is to hack.....depending on your ecosystem.... just install an antivirus for your phone.... as for lag etc... many times it depends on the phone and what you have installed... sometimes a simple backup and reinstall solves the issue... works on my Playbook and PC... as both have had slowdown issue.... my rule of thumb is I only do online financial transactions on my PC which I have a modicum of control... remember it is not being paraniod... as they are out to get you... It is called Google....
    09-04-14 09:33 AM
    Most secure cloud storage option is MEGA and on top of that you get 50GB of storage!!! Highly recommended!!!
    09-04-14 09:35 AM
    FIrst... there actually is not a constitutional right to privacy.... Just by agrreeing to the TOS when you first setup your phone...installing software..... you are legally giving up privacy... Depending on your carrier..... you give up some privacy just signing a contract..... as for hacking... a great deal of it depends on where the user goes... Like using a PC... it depends on what your surting habits are and what you download....as mentioned.. most of us are not important enough to get hacked..... If you do not have financial or embarassing pics or videos on you device... what is to hack.....depending on your ecosystem.... just install an antivirus for your phone.... as for lag etc... many times it depends on the phone and what you have installed... sometimes a simple backup and reinstall solves the issue... works on my Playbook and PC... as both have had slowdown issue.... my rule of thumb is I only do online financial transactions on my PC which I have a modicum of control... remember it is not being paraniod... as they are out to get you... It is called Google....
    Just because you agree to a TOS doesn't mean you can't dispute the tos. Everyone has a right to living without being harassed.

Stalking, intentional infliction of emotional distress, are crimes. It's a federal law that you can't record someone without their permission. I'm trying to avoid an exhausting response to this but with all due respect you have a right to privacy from other citizens it's just not a simple answer. Idc about tos that much and it's not what I'm talking about

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 11:17 AM
    It's not about your Q10, bro. It's about how you use it. Example, the BlackBerry device is as secure as it gets but using 3rd party apps or cloud services like BOX or DROPBOX opens you up to security risks. Additionally, when you communicate cross platform there is a small risk as well. BBM from BlackBerry to BlackBerry is supposedly more secure than BBM from a BlackBerry to another OS. Basically, stick with your Q10, BlackBerry secure apps, and SD card instead of cloud storage and your safe unless you lose that SD card.

"Fly Eagles Fly" | White Q10 on VZW from Philly
    if you are on a MDM you are "secure" but most users are not and your Blackberry security is on par with every other device out there.
    09-04-14 11:24 AM
    No. It sucks ***.

I'm not blazing either. Getting your identity stolen is no joke

Posted via CB10
    why bother with your phone if I wanna steal your identity, there are easier ways than that
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-04-14 11:27 AM
    Be careful when encrypting the SD card because any content on the SD card will only be read by your BlackBerry. If for whatever reason something happens to your phone (i.e. water damage, you break it, etc), the contents of the SD card will be encrypted and you will not be able to retrieve it without the BlackBerry device that encrypted it. Great for security but sucks if anything happens to your phone.
    SharonRD likes this.
    09-04-14 11:32 AM
    Be careful when encrypting the SD card because any content on the SD card will only be read by your BlackBerry. If for whatever reason something happens to your phone (i.e. water damage, you break it, etc), the contents of the SD card will be encrypted and you will not be able to retrieve it without the BlackBerry device that encrypted it. Great for security but sucks if anything happens to your phone.
    Oh well then the contents will be lost in time lol

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 05:07 PM
    Just because you agree to a TOS doesn't mean you can't dispute the tos.
    Posted via CB10
    Actually, that's exactly what it means. When you sign you are agreeing to abide by what you signed.
    09-04-14 07:45 PM
    Actually, that's exactly what it means. When you sign you are agreeing to abide by what you signed.
    Point taken. How many contracts courses did you take in law school? Jw

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:14 PM
    Point taken. How many contracts courses did you take in law school? Jw

Posted via CB10
    So you've been to law school and you don't know you can't dispute a TOS? Man you need to change your profession asap (just assuming you're at law school with a comment like that)

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 10:38 PM
    So you've been to law school and you don't know you can't dispute a TOS? Man you need to change your profession asap (just assuming you're at law school with a comment like that)

Posted via CB10
    Bro, so there has never been a TOS dispute? I can tell you a few cases if needed. Think, if a clause is wack you can dispute it. If I sell you a product or you want to use a product/service of mine and then in order for you to use it you must "agree to the terms and services agreement" but in that agreement there are words that allow a unilateral amendment to the TOS and if I change the tos to include something like selling your information etc and there's no way for you to opt out of that and still use the service, that wording or clause could be considered unenforceable - like in some cases it already has happened.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 12:30 AM
    I'm not a law professor I can't teach you the fundamentals. It's more complicated than oh you signed it so you have to abide by it. There are many rules that decide 'what is a contract'

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 12:43 AM
    Just make password difficult and don't download dodgy stuff: apps or websites. Most people get hacked because the password is easy to guess. I have not a single account hacked as I am very careful. Even if there are password keeper apps I never use them. Read about articles about mobile security you'll learn more and you'll be able to protect your devices better.

via Q10
    09-05-14 04:13 AM
    Update:: was just on the phone with my doctors office- I heard a very low echo of my own voice while on the call. It happened twice. Network? Or hackz? Or maybe their line is recorded? The girl said she couldn't hear an echo.... waaa

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 01:09 PM
    Keep it cool Pasha ! There is an unlimited way to "hack a phone" from a direct access through a data port (use a "USB Condom", no kidding, it's a real thing) to an attack on a distant account (email, cloud service, etc...).
    So keep it simple, use different password on all your account, 8 alphanumeric characters and special ones, that you won't find in a dictionary... like "Hugt:>5B". If it's too hard to learn, keep in your head 3 random password and mix them to create new one. And activate 2-step authentification on your accounts if you can.
    Keep your phone on you at all time, so nobody can borrow it and clone it. And use an USB condom (they are several version, the goal is to cut off the data wires and let only the + and - ones) if you really need to charge it in an alien USB port
    You can also crypt your SD Card to protect your data and activate BlackBerry Protect to security wipe the phone in case of theft, and stay away from the Android app (even if they are sandbox).

But really, I'm an computer engineer and I choose BlackBerry for the security of his OS. I'm not the only one, ask governments So, again, keep it cool ! You have a fantastic phone !
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    09-05-14 03:47 PM
    It can't be hacked unless somebody physically takes it from you, knows your password(s), and you don't retaliate in defence of yourself and your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 06:42 PM
    Joshua thanks for the added info on keeping the phone secure. Yes, I have #10 with me at all times. Still have the shortest lock on it possible. Unlock many times daily, but it is secure. -n pocket, on my desk but goes into pocket upon moving from desk. And I am only one in my office. Better safe than sorry I reckon. I keep Wi-fi off, no cloud, nor do I do any social networking. Use as phone, texting, email and CBERRY only. Thanks Sir

Classic
    09-05-14 07:20 PM
    BlackBerry cannot be hacked.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 08:26 PM
    BlackBerry cannot be hacked.

Posted via CB10
    How is it up there in imagination land? Must be sweet

Posted via CB10
    danijelz1 likes this.
    09-05-14 09:52 PM
    I just closed my browser app and while doing it a play button icon appeared next to my battery icon and then disappeared. I've never seen this before. .....

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 09:08 AM
    Actually you are wrong as well...it's BlackBerry

? experience the power of BlackBerry 10 ?
    09-06-14 12:10 PM
    Actually you are wrong as well...it's BlackBerry

? experience the power of BlackBerry 10 ?
    Can we talk about the phantom icon next to my battery meter? It looked like the "play" icon

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 12:24 PM
    I just closed my browser app and while doing it a play button icon appeared next to my battery icon and then disappeared. I've never seen this before. .....

Posted via CB10
    ...that pops up if you are viewing playable media in you brower...You Tube for example...it just means that the media player was active...

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 12:24 PM
96 1234