Blackberry app world is not available in Zimbabwe. how can i use the default browser to download apps like whatsapp or opera mini without using the BB WORLD.
    02-16-16 12:12 AM
    Hi! Well from a Google search if you follow this link you can download Whatsapp directly from the makers instead of downloading an Android version:
    https://www.whatsapp.com/ota/

For other apps you know run natively in BB10, just search for the app on Google with "download BB10" or something like that in the description. If it is not accessible by the store it is probably hosted from the main websites or even some alternate download mirrors.

For most all other apps, I use market.1mobile.com for all of my other Android app needs. Make sure they are free before you download them, because I believe they offer apps to download that you would have to otherwise download. A word to the wise.

I hope this helps you out, as I have been a Q10 user for over half a year (I am on Classic now).
    02-16-16 01:09 AM
    Blackberry app world is not available in Zimbabwe. how can i use the default browser to download apps like whatsapp or opera mini without using the BB WORLD.
    Are you able to use your browser to go to BlackBerry World on the Web? If so, sign in using your BBID and pick the apps that you want to load OTA.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    02-16-16 08:33 AM
    Hi! Well from a Google search if you follow this link you can download Whatsapp directly from the makers instead of downloading an Android version:
    https://www.whatsapp.com/ota/

For other apps you know run natively in BB10, just search for the app on Google with "download BB10" or something like that in the description. If it is not accessible by the store it is probably hosted from the main websites or even some alternate download mirrors.

For most all other apps, I use market.1mobile.com for all of my other Android app needs. Make sure they are free before you download them, because I believe they offer apps to download that you would have to otherwise download. A word to the wise.

I hope this helps you out, as I have been a Q10 user for over half a year (I am on Classic now).

That WhatsApp page is for BBOS.

I also don't see many devs having their Apps out there as .bar installers, it's risky.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 08:37 AM
    Okay, thanks for the heads-up. But the site should still allow to download for BB!0 from their page?

And yeah it's risky. That's why I go to Google Play and see if the apps are for free or paid, and then I find the and match the free ones on 1mobile and download them.
    02-17-16 01:48 AM
    so where can i download a whatsapp file for my blackberry q10? i tried installing an apk file it keeps crushing. i even tried an opera mini apk file and still it crushes.please help
    02-17-16 04:03 AM
    You cannot install bar files directly from a browser. Your only options will be to use a VPN or to use an older sideload method such as DDPB.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 06:25 AM