how can I stop double typing on q10
    05-11-15 06:26 AM
    05-11-15 06:38 AM
    Is it already doing it or are you just trying to prepare yourself in case it does? I have found some workarounds on my Q10 I would be happy to share if you need help. I chose to not get it fixed/replaced and found some tricks to live with it. Not entirely happy with the situation but I still love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:49 PM
    Hi Jean, what exactly are your workarounds? My Q10 suffers from double-typing issue, too. Most annoyingly the. Sppace bar is concerned. Is there any way to. Reduccce. The click sensivity in the software? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 08:08 AM
    Swap out the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 09:29 AM
    Hi Jean, what exactly are your workarounds? My Q10 suffers from double-typing issue, too. Most annoyingly the. Sppace bar is concerned. Is there any way to. Reduccce. The click sensivity in the software? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    You need to take apart the keyboard membrane, clean the 'board' with alcohol and you are good to go!!
    It helped a lot. Dont need to buy a new keyboard!
    There is a thread with pictures on the Q10 forum.

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-13-15 10:26 AM
    Sadly Q10 keyboard is factory awkward from BlackBerry..
    The only fix is to disassemble it and centralize the keyboard ..
    Trust me it works I work at gsm service in my country and I fixed 3 just today with same issues

Posted from BlackBerry Z30 via CB10
    05-13-15 01:01 PM
    Shame BlackBerry will not acknowledge this.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    05-13-15 02:14 PM
    Q10 replacing keyboard is fairly easy and affordable. I love q10 so much!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    05-13-15 02:40 PM
    Removing keyboard from Q10 is very easy, but you must be very careful when disconnecting keyb from the mainboard

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 05:56 PM
    What I found helpful myself, is even though I am not averse of replacing my keyboard, is to use the predictive text function once the double typing starts to play up again. Somehow that relieves the wear on the keyboard. Maybe it is a function of the phone heating up thereby affecting the membrane inside the keyboard and switching over to predictive typing prevents it from worsening.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 03:01 AM
    Thanks all! Will get a replacement kbd soon and try cleaning the old one while swapping. For the time being, I'm indeed blown away by the text prediction and how damn fast it learns to perfectly assist my typing. Especially since I have English and German enabled and mix both languages rather often.
    As for the double-typing kbd: it has become so much better since I tried the piano trick. Just slightly massaged the rows of keys by stroking from edges to the middle with a slight amount of pressure applied. So maybe they've just been a bit sticky - I have no idea how long the phone was lying around after obviously heavy usage until I bought it used from Amazon. Looks like a year of heavy beating. Also in the meantime I learned how to hit the keys best to avoid a lot of that annoying double-typing.
    Definitely a keeper, this one, and BlackBerry won another customer, as I will never fall back to stupid Android and hate Apple. I will also not upgrade my Android tablet but wait until BlackBerry will give us one. Since I love 7", I might just get the slider and use it for all things tablet plus typing hehe...
    O and I love the community!!! From hardliners to kids all addicted to the superior system. From the tons of threads, reviews and comments I've read, it also feels like a horde of underdogs fighting back to back in a world that resembles a mobile world version of what a heavily underrated movie, titled "Idiocracy", described... thinking of that film kept me sane when I read BlackBerry reviews on The Verves and the likes Sorry for the long text and thanks for all the great info you layed out here for the new dogs like me!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 03:29 PM
    Great story and all the luck to you!

Will try the massage now of my keyboard since my "K" and "sym" are very sensitive on the keyboard.

Good night from Europe!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 05:04 PM