Restart button
    Last edited by philiz4600; 07-01-20 at 05:25 AM.
    07-01-20 04:43 AM
    Restart button
    Press and hold both volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
    07-01-20 05:19 AM
    But these buttons are for screen shots, I tried it but no use, is there like something like using alt keys or any shortcut ; also did the volume keys worked in powering the phone
    07-01-20 05:27 AM
    But these buttons are for screen shots, I tried it but no use, is there like something like using alt keys or any shortcut ; also did the volume keys worked in powering the phone
    Yes, they're also used for screenshots. You need to hold them until the screen goes black, it does work.
    07-01-20 05:30 AM
    Does it show me the restart, power off screen like the normal power off / restart button
    07-01-20 05:34 AM
    Does it show me the restart, power off screen like the normal power off / restart button
    No, the screen will just suddenly go black, give it a try.
    You can also press and hold Alt, right shift key, and delete to do the same thing.
    07-01-20 06:02 AM
    I read and saw the previous chats, but the alt, right shift key and delete had no response or action
    07-01-20 06:15 AM
    so basically the screen goes black and then it restarts like normal
    07-01-20 06:15 AM
    Does it affect anything like apps, documents, pictures or anything
    07-01-20 06:16 AM
    Does it affect anything like apps, documents, pictures or anything
    No.
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-01-20 06:59 AM
    The screen turns black and then restarts and then everything becomes normal before the restart
    07-01-20 09:06 AM
    The screen turns black and then restarts and then everything becomes normal before the restart
    Is that a question?

Or, did you get what you wanted?

Did you expect something else?
    07-01-20 09:20 AM
    Is that a question?

Or, did you get what you wanted?

Did you expect something else?
    Yes, I’m asking so I know what to expect as the outcome so I don’t lose my phone and also not to buy a new one because phones are super expensive
    07-01-20 09:30 AM
    Yes, I’m asking so I know what to expect as the outcome so I don’t lose my phone and also not to buy a new one because phones are super expensive
    The phone will reboot. That's it.
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-01-20 09:45 AM
    You hold down both volume buttons. If you are anywhere other than the lock screen, it will take a screenshot. Screenshots aren't taken from the lock screen, but the reboot process will still happen holding those buttons down.

Continue holding them down, and the screen will turn off. Keep holding them down. You might see the red LED flash momentarily. Eventually the BlackBerry name will display. For a while it was suggested to keep holding the buttons down until that goes away and the loading progress squircle shows up, but that's not really necessary. Once the BlackBerry name displays, it's restarted. You can let go at that point.

You will see the BB10 loading squircle and what it's loading. If you touch the screen, it changes to show you the progress percentage.

The whole process from the screen going off takes about a minute and a half to maybe two minutes, tops.

Once the home screen comes up, you can use your phone again. The Hub will take a few moments to reload as it re-logs onto any accounts it has. You can access your files, pictures, media, whatever.

As Conite says, it's just a reboot - like rebooting a PC. Nothing is lost when rebooting a PC. Nothing is lost rebooting your phone.

It's not a factory reset, or a wipe. They wouldn't make it that easy to do.
    07-01-20 10:40 AM
    Ok, that is for the reboot or restart, what about turning off the phone, is it the same method?
    07-02-20 01:48 AM
    Ok, that is for the reboot or restart, what about turning off the phone, is it the same method?
    You can't just turn it off without the power button. The only way is to let the battery run out.
    07-02-20 08:00 AM
    yes, ok for the battery to run out, but if you wanna shut down the phone without letting the battery run out, is it the same method with the volume buttons, meaning turning off the phone just like shutting down the laptop (knowing the battery is still full)??
    07-02-20 08:04 AM
    yes, ok for the battery to run out, but if you wanna shut down the phone without letting the battery run out, is it the same method with the volume buttons, meaning turning off the phone just like shutting down the laptop (knowing the battery is still full)??
    If your power button is broken, there is NO way to power off your device other than removing your battery or letting it run out of power. No key combo, software etc, nothing. You will need to repair the power key by finding and buying a new part and taking your device apart. That can be done with a minimal amount of skill. Other than that, the best you can do is enable "Flip to Save power". Go to Settings/Advanced Interaction/Flip to save power. You may want to enable some of the other advanced interactions while you are there.
    07-02-20 08:34 AM
    but repairing the power off button will be expensive and costly, I’m trying to avoid expensive money repairs to technicians and other phone stores, there must be a shortcut key, just like the volume buttons to restart the phone, there should be a shortcut key to turn it off, is there any solution to power off while the battery remains full?
    07-02-20 08:39 AM
    if removing the battery while the phone is on, it could damage many things, we do not want to improperly shut down it, there must be a way?
    07-02-20 08:40 AM
    but repairing the power off button will be expensive and costly, I’m trying to avoid expensive money repairs to technicians and other phone stores, there must be a shortcut key, just like the volume buttons to restart the phone, there should be a shortcut key to turn it off, is there any solution to power off while the battery remains full?
    I repaired the power button myself on my old Z10 for around $7.00 CAD including shipping. It was pretty easy. Again, with these phones there is NO other solution, software or shortcut key. And, by the way, removing the battery while the phone is on (although not recommended) will NOT hurt anything. I did that for about a year on my Z10 until I finally purchased and installed the parts. Just make sure you take the battery out without any apps running. ie- go to the home screen with nothing running and put the device in airplane mode as well.
    07-02-20 08:47 AM
    Ok, is there a power off app we can download to shut the phone off?
    07-02-20 08:56 AM
    Ok, is there a power off app we can download to shut the phone off?
    NO!!!!!!!!!! There is no way other than the power button!!!!

Why do you need to power off anyway? I haven't turned my phone off in years.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-02-20 09:26 AM
    so I do not improperly shut it off or ruin the system or something or maybe I wanna shut the phone for some uses; sure in your areas the power off button is cheap, but where I am living is expensively; sorry to bother you conite, I just need some assistance so I don’t waste my money and so I don’t get a new phone, I am just looking for solutions, that is all
    07-02-20 09:32 AM
58 123