i want it brighter because it looks so dim
    especially lock screen is sooooo DULL

thanks
    11-11-13 11:39 AM
    it is on brightest option in settings menu
    i want it brighter because it looks so dim
    especially lock screen is sooooo DULL

thanks
    You will notice a change after updating your OS or the battery starts getting low. As far as additional brightness, I don't see any adjustments that can be changed. If I come across anything, I'll post back here and/or send you a PM.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-11-13 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Further review.
    11-11-13 11:46 AM
    Did u update to 10.2? Mind u I've had mine a few dayz and immidiately updated to 10.2! Did anyone notice any changes to the screen when they did the 10.2 update?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 12:17 PM
    NO THIS IS STRICTLY FOR 10.1
    no leaks nor update no nothing fidgety haha

and thanks for responsing
    11-11-13 12:29 PM
    No, the screen is as bright as its going to get if you've got it turned up all the way in settings.
    11-11-13 01:52 PM
    And I've got mine on dimmest possible. Wow. Lol
    11-11-13 02:18 PM
    Unfortunately blackberry doesn't let us turn of auto brightness.
    In my opinion big mistake
    In blackberry world there is a app called auto brightness and from there you can see how the brightness on our Q10 can get, it's amazing but unfortunately it works only inside the app
    I hope blackberry fixes this issue sometime on a update

Send From My Sexy BlackBerry Q10 ......
    Dave Liao likes this.
    11-11-13 03:38 PM
    I also verified that the Q10's dimness is gimped in software
    Running the 10.2.1 leak, I sideloaded the Amazon Kindle app, and adjusted the brightness from WITHIN that app.
    Fortunately, you can make the screen brighter than the system will let you (for easier reading in direct sunlight).
    Unfortunately, the screen dims as soon as you leave the Kindle app.

If anyone could make a headless app that lets you override the system brightness setting, I'd pay for that
    Last edited by davehong; 11-19-13 at 10:14 AM. Reason: just noticed the post above me
    anon6113468 likes this.
    11-18-13 12:53 PM
    I find my screen very bright. Maybe you have a faulty phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say the screen isn't bright
    To me it isn't bright enough
    Therefor it's not bright

Also we all know the screen is quiet dim and would be better if it wasn't

Posted via CB10
    Dave Liao likes this.
    11-19-13 01:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    I sure wish my phone was faulty. According to AT&T (took it to two stores, and a service center), my Q10 is built to spec.
    11-19-13 10:18 AM
    And I've got mine on dimmest possible. Wow. Lol
    Mine as well lol. Even the dimmest I find it bright in low light situation

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:23 AM
    Therefor it's not bright

Posted via CB10
    It is bright enough. To want it brighter is unreasonable. Therefore, it is bright enough.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:59 PM
    Go in a dark room. Always works for me. jk

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:11 PM
    The auto brightness function is designed to optimize battery life. I tell you, the guys at blackberry can't win. Give you one thing to make your phone better, somebody will complain about it.
    11-19-13 10:30 PM
    In other words, if you were to turn off auto brightness or make the screen brighter than the system software allows, it would have a drastic effect on battery life. Why is it so hard for people to understand simple things?
    11-19-13 10:32 PM
    Fool the ambient light sensor. A while ago I was experimenting with it, and I discovered that if you put in a really bright light, then shut the light off, the screen will stay brighter than normal for the next 2-3 minutes.

Or just step out of the sun. I find the screen brightness perfectly fine. Usually have it set at about 60%-70%.

Or increase your font size.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    Dave Liao likes this.
    11-19-13 10:38 PM
    I'm not happy with the brightness. We had many threads about this topic. Many People answered: what do you want? my screen is bright enough, think about the battery life... . But: I want to have the a brighter screen. in Tests the Q10 has the poorest brightness of competetors. BlackBerry please give me the ability to disable the ambient Light Sensor. I want use my Phone at a sunny day. and: congratulations to all People Who are satisfied with the brightness. But there are many People out there, Who are not satisfied. It is a question of personal preferences.
    Dave Liao and Uzi like this.
    11-20-13 01:21 AM
    I'm not happy with the brightness. We had many threads about this topic. Many People answered: what do you want? my screen is bright enough, think about the battery life... . But: I want to have the a brighter screen. in Tests the Q10 has the poorest brightness of competetors. BlackBerry please give me the ability to disable the ambient Light Sensor. I want use my Phone at a sunny day. and: congratulations to all People Who are satisfied with the brightness. But there are many People out there, Who are not satisfied. It is a question of personal preferences.
    You've hit it on the mark. We should continue making noise until someone at BlackBerry adds a checkbox to disable the ambient light sensor.
    I'd rather have a blindingly bright screen and only four hours of phone life (I keep it plugged in whenever I can, anyway).
    11-20-13 11:23 AM
    In other words, if you were to turn off auto brightness or make the screen brighter than the system software allows, it would have a drastic effect on battery life. Why is it so hard for people to understand simple things?
    We get it, and we're willing to live with the poorer battery life
    It's not that hard for them to have that auto-sensing function - BlackBerry OS prior to BB10 had it!
    11-20-13 11:25 AM
    HOW DO I DELLETE crackberry account

Not rename!!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:06 PM
    If I use a Z10 for a while then my Q10 the screen seems dim. It's the amoled? ..screen but I don't notice it if I only use my Q10.

I have my Q10's screen at minimum to a quarter high.

Maybe those in need could get a group discount on cataracts operations

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-21-13 07:47 PM
    You mean better for you. The screen brightness is one of the biggest drains on the battery, that you can control....on any phone.
    Therefor it's not bright

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:32 PM
    sorry, but in some cases I want to drain my battery: at a sunny day for example. or in other words: I bought a Porsche with the cabability to drive fast, but Porsche says "sorry, we blocked the engine, otherwise your petrol Tank is too fast empty... that is what Blackberry do. are they thinking the User is so stupid, that he doesn,t know that a bright screen drains battery faster. do they think I am stupid???
    Dave Liao likes this.
    11-22-13 01:22 AM
    sorry, but in some cases I want to drain my battery: at a sunny day for example. or in other words: I bought a Porsche with the cabability to drive fast, but Porsche says "sorry, we blocked the engine, otherwise your petrol Tank is too fast empty... that is what Blackberry do. are they thinking the User is so stupid, that he doesn,t know that a bright screen drains battery faster. do they think I am stupid???
    *ding ding ding ding ding* Exactly!
    11-23-13 10:02 AM
33 12