I've now had BB's for many years now and have always voiced my support over all the other competeing products, iphones, Galaxys etc.. My previous phone was a Bold 9900 which I was quite happy with, especially as Barclays Bank (UK) did a mobile banking app. But I was always still a little jealous of friends and family who were able to load a wide range of apps. So when the Q10 was announced running o/s10 and talk of ability to run Android apps, I believed this was it........... Nope, don't think so !!!

For a start, o/s10 is quite different, especially the loss of the BB back key (sure, I know there is the < key but not always available as the back key used to be). Ok, its new and I am still finding my way around (does anyone know how to highlight a large block of emails so I can flag them as read, or resend a text???). I have other queries but I'm trying to work through the online tutorials first of all.
    But what really got me is that Barclays have NOT written a mobile banking app for the Q10 even though they did for my older 9900 !!! I've tried loading an Android version, only available on Google Play & no other Android providers, but it just doesn't work. Does anyone have a method to get round this or am I about to ditch my long term bank in favour of others that do provide a method of doing mobile business with? I am amazed that a more modern version of a trusted and secure brand is not supported........Is this another sign of BB losing market place??
    Grateful for any help
    01-22-15 07:14 AM
    BlackBerry losing market place????

A number of Banking apps use special security process that prevent them from being ran on Rooted devices, which is what the BlackBerry Runtime appears as to them.
    01-22-15 07:33 AM
    does anyone know how to highlight a large block of emails so I can flag them as read
    At the bottom right of the BB Hub click on the triple dot column to see more options and pick "Select More", select all the emails you want to mark as read and click on the "Mark Read" option at the bottom
    01-22-15 07:38 AM
    yes but I can only select one at a time and not between 2 marks such as using the alt or shift key ??? What am I missing???
    01-22-15 07:59 AM
    Now I get what you're trying to do unfortunately it's not possible at this time but it would be handy you should ask this feature in the BlackBerry Beta Zone
    01-22-15 08:14 AM
    Not sure about the banking apps since those are their own world.

For doing mass changes of read mail, you can always long press on the date in the hub and then choose Mark Prior Read, which will set all messages before that date to read status. I generally do this, but there are a lot more options coming in 10.3.1 so you may want to investigate ways of installing that. The Hub improvements alone are worth any other quirks.
    Ohnoesfb Lolok likes this.
    01-22-15 08:15 AM